Rant About Qhemet, and other Wonderful Companies Changing Stuff!!!

It can be psychological too. Some people automatically equate change with lower quality which is justified when a company chooses to replace a premium, natural ingredient with mineral oil or silicone but every company isn't guilty of that. I know that Curls' changes actually led to improvements as they are mostly organic now. The Cocoa Tree is actually superior to the OCCD in terms of its ingredient profile. Not many companies choose the upgrade path when and if change becomes inevitable but I always have and will continue to do so. I'd rather discontinue a product than go the chemical soup route.

True but unfortunately, everyone doesn't value quality or is willing to pay for it. There are plenty of health food stores out there that offer better, natural alternatives but everyone isn't health conscious and some folks would actually prefer the chemical laden inexpensive meat over the higher priced organic, free range meat. We do have options, just everyone doesn't choose to exercise them.

Empress was referring to Carols Daughter. I'm small fry, I don't have any shareholders. :)

Qhem, We love you!!!!!

Thanks a bunch!:yep:

Qhem: I'll use your products any day. I love the Ghee! I think those that were strung out on the OCCD should just give the Ghee a chance. Honestly, I use the Ghee, the OAHB, and BRBC. The stuff is so high quality, and wonderful. I stayed with you because you didn't go the chemical route, but I can understand why others (such as the Infamous Carol's Daughter) do. Don't change, Qhem. Don't change on bit.
((HUG))

Raising my hand as an addict...:lachen:

Qhem: I'll use your products any day. I love the Ghee! I think those that were strung out on the OCCD should just give the Ghee a chance. Honestly, I use the Ghee, the OAHB, and BRBC. The stuff is so high quality, and wonderful. I stayed with you because you didn't go the chemical route, but I can understand why others (such as the Infamous Carol's Daughter) do. Don't change, Qhem. Don't change on bit.
((HUG))

I have. I bought it the first day she started selling it.

It just does not seem to detangle my hair that well. Oh well. Not everything works for every one. I am not giving up on it. I am not selling it or giving it away, because I love me some Qhemet and I hope I can find some way to ise it other than the way I intended to.

Her products have been a hair-saver for me. I am so so so glad I bought it after seeing the Qhemet banner that used to come up in LHCF a few years ago. And everytime she comes out with a new product, i will be one of the first to try it everytime. LOVE her products. I hope everyone gives the ghee a chance. It looks like I am in the minority with my feelings about it, and maybe I will just the only odd one out on it. But it still is important for consumers and business owners to know about ALL opinions.

i never had the luxury to try the occd, but i do have the ghee which, i agree doesn't melt down tangles, but it makes one hell of a steam treatment conditioner! seal afterwards w/ some aohc, oooohweeee! moisture all week!

I was glad to stock up, I still have three jars of occd but I just used my ghee again tonight. yeaaah gonna need another jar soon!

EXACTOMUNDO lol. why she had to go and change the healthy hair butter. that was the first butter i loooooooooooooved. now its like a wax. i walk right by it.
im cool as long as hairveda dont change none of her stuff. with that said i think the whipped cream is changed but i could be wrong.

I loved the healthy hair butter. It was the first product that worked well on my natural hair but once the forumla changed it was no go.

I tried the Ghee again last night on half my hair as a leave-in.

My hair feels good after wards. I just cannot get down to my roots they way I need to when I have a lot of NG. I can, but with lots of manipulation.

:perplexed

I think I need something oilier and/or not as thick. thick is not really what I mean. I guess something a little more watery. Maybe that is not what I mean. LOL I think you guys know what i am talking about. I think this one will work well after I relax. After 6 weeks post - not so much.

But I will be happy if it works for me durign that time though. I will just have to find something that will work when the roots get kinky and the tangles really kick it up a notch.

I tried the Ghee again last night on half my hair as a leave-in.

My hair feels good after wards. I just cannot get down to my roots they way I need to when I have a lot of NG. I can, but with lots of manipulation.

:perplexed

I think I need something oilier and/or not as thick. thick is not really what I mean. I guess something a little more watery. Maybe that is not what I mean. LOL I think you guys know what i am talking about. I think this one will work well after I relax. After 6 weeks post - not so much.

But I will be happy if it works for me durign that time though. I will just have to find something that will work when the roots get kinky and the tangles really kick it up a notch.

Thanks a bunch for the review

:ohwell: So - to update... I love Qhemet...but the Ghee is not the Same as the original detangler. I do love the chocolate smell :yep: It left my hair greasy ( which is fine for me) but I could not use my fingers to detagle - as I had before....OH well, I am sure it will work for a less curly texture....

So - I am off to find another product - the search begins.....
:look::look::look::look:

Anybody - I will sell you my Ghee..... I have an extra....
PM me..

Last edited:
Back