Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

I'm ashamed to say the last time I washed my hair, let alone detangle and M& S.

SMHHHHHH!! Tonight that all changes, hopefully :look:

Same here. It seems the longer my hair gets, the less I want to bother with it. I just washed and DC. I was :angry2: the whole time. I was complaining so much DH had to leave the house lol.

Does anyone else have a super simple regimen? I have been natural 8.5 months and have worn wash n gos 98.7% of the time.
- Cowash, leave in, and seal 2x a week
- Clay wash, condition, leave in 1x a week
- Detangle 1x a week

I feel lazy but then again my hair is the most moisturized its ever been.

@DarkJoy @kanozas Perhaps your hair reacts negatively to one of the ingredients?

My hair doesn't like shea butter. Does your hair like that shea moisture stuff?

No, the pure one is too waxy heavy and the smoothie leaves film. I saw that thread about some types of hair being resistant to relaxers. I either have that or Silicon Mix + the relaxer I used just were not the business lol! Spending all day correcting that mess. SMH. And my Chinese neighbors are looking into my windows again. So, it's very humid today and I don't turno n the air until August, though., I need my window wide opened and they are speaking Cantonese all up on the deck, trying to look in. They are sneaky lol.

No, the pure one is too waxy heavy and the smoothie leaves film. I saw that thread about some types of hair being resistant to relaxers. I either have that or Silicon Mix + the relaxer I used just were not the business lol! Spending all day correcting that mess. SMH. And my Chinese neighbors are looking into my windows again. So, it's very humid today and I don't turno n the air until August, though., I need my window wide opened and they are speaking Cantonese all up on the deck, trying to look in. They are sneaky lol.
What? Omg! :lachen:

I'm getting crochet braids on Sunday. My twist outs aren't lasting as long as they usually do in this Maryland humidity, and I don't want to do wash n goes. Plus I'm trying to retain as much as possible before I straighten and trim in mid-October.

Does anyone else have a super simple regimen? I have been natural 8.5 months and have worn wash n gos 98.7% of the time.
- Cowash, leave in, and seal 2x a week
- Clay wash, condition, leave in 1x a week
- Detangle 1x a week

I feel lazy but then again my hair is the most moisturized its ever been.
Mine is basically the mirror image of yours, except I use sulfate free shampoo instead of clay wash. Im in wash n gos pretty much every day unless I try something different on the weekends, which is extremely rare. I just started sealing with coconut or jojoba oil to see if it will help with retention (not that it's been a problem), but yeah, our routines are damn near identical.

I'm growing out my 4c hair and it's looking a mess. Everyone keeps asking when I'm going to do something with it. I want to get braids but I'm scared they will do it too tightly. I can comb coils but they take forever to do. I only have 2 inches of hair so I'm kinda limited with styles.
At 2" I was doing WnGs on my 4c hair and sporting new curls where I could (crown is still a problem). Are you having trouble finding the right products?

At 2" I was doing WnGs on my 4c hair and sporting new curls where I could (crown is still a problem). Are you having trouble finding the right products?

Well I could use a better shampoo. I'm using cantu's sulfate free but it's a little drying. Which poo do you use? I've been using a glycerin spray and coconut oil and my hair feels soft most of the time. It just needs to be styled.

Well I could use a better shampoo. I'm using cantu's sulfate free but it's a little drying. Which poo do you use? I've been using a glycerin spray and coconut oil and my hair feels soft most of the time. It just needs to be styled.
I have a natural shampoo bar from Cush Cosmetics that I rarely use, maybe once a month. To cleanse regularly, I use a bentonite clay mix. I mix it with ACV, distilled water, or coconut water. With coconut water my hair feels relaxed (incredibly conditioned) and very defined. I rarely use oils because if my hair is coated w/it moisture isn't getting thru (oil and water don't mix).

I have a natural shampoo bar from Cush Cosmetics that I rarely use, maybe once a month. To cleanse regularly, I use a bentonite clay mix. I mix it with ACV, distilled water, or coconut water. With coconut water my hair feels relaxed (incredibly conditioned) and very defined. I rarely use oils because if my hair is coated w/it moisture isn't getting thru (oil and water don't mix).

Thanks. I have the aztec bentonite clay at home. I use to use it on my face but I will try it on my hair.

Maybe try incorporating a gel or other styling products and leave in. If you like cantu the have an affordable curling cream and curling custard. I've used both in the pass. Creme of nature also has some nice styling products. I prefer runny gels for my hair my favorites are as I am curling jelly and Camille rose curl maker. Now that you hair is shorter you have the opportunity to learn what works for hair without having to deal with an overwhelming amount of hair.

I'm about to comb out my locs after 15 years with them and I'm excited and SO terrified at the same time.
I cut them last week and now they're midback length instead of low back.

Feels like I'm sitting at the top of a roller coaster, about to start towards the first hill. .......I hate roller coasters.....

I'm about to comb out my locs after 15 years with them and I'm excited and SO terrified at the same time.
I cut them last week and now they're midback length instead of low back.

Feels like I'm sitting at the top of a roller coaster, about to start towards the first hill. .......I hate roller coasters.....
I helped my mom take hers down... God bless you. Halfway through you might just want to chop lol, but keep going!

I followed the directions from my Komaza Analysis this wash day. My hair is gloriously moisturized, all without me DCing under the dryer. Yay! I hope that this is the start of something great!

If you don't mind, what were the steps recommended for washing your hair?

If you don't mind, what were the steps recommended for washing your hair?
It wasn't as much about how to wash my hair. It was more about how to condition it and then the "after care."
Wash hair using gentle shampoo.
protein conditioner (1x/week)
moisturizing conditioner for 10 minutes WITHOUT HEAT (this whole thing is a change; I usually do ~30 minutes with heat or steam)
protein spray (I'm currently finishing a sample by Komaza, but ordered Aphogee's version to use when the Komaza runs out)
LOCB.
No cowashing....ever.
Follow up in 4 months.

I was skeptical about doing such a short moisturizing conditioning session after using protein, especially without heat. However, her rationale was that I have high porosity hair with raised cuticles on the microscopic exam. I have no need for heat because my hair will readily accept the conditioner. Doing a long session could/would undue the work that I had just done with the protein.

I tried it and so far, it seems to have worked.

HTH

Softsheen-Carson is giving away free samples of their Dark & Lovely L.O.C system. That means free samples of 3 of their products: liquid leave-in, oil serum, and curling cream. Check their website.
I got around to use the system today. It worked really well, especially since my hair was dry from shampooing too thoroughly.

The liquid and oil are messy, but probably because it came in little sample packets instead of spray bottles.

I'm a one step girl at heart. If I were to purchase any of these products, it would be the moisture lock sealing cream.

Should I wash my hair tomorrow or wait until Saturday?

I also have to decide if I'm going to get my hair re-braided or straightened in 2 weeks when I take the bar again. It's been a while since I've worn my hair straight, I'd like to see my length. But I won't be able to work out with a press/curl. Decisions.

Back