Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

I haven't co washed in a while. Idk if I should start back again because I do have some vo5s left. Also this Henna has dried my hair out but I feel it is returning back to normal slowly

My wash n go takes like 10 mins in the shower (co washing and minimal finger detanglin) and like 10 mins out the shower (only using leave in) once i stop playing in my hair looking for definition lol I don't understand what takes an hour?!

Granted my hair is between 6-8 inches long but its very high density. nap85 w-n-g pic on instagram comments were interesting.

When I was relaxed, I couldn't lay my edges for anything because my hair was sooooo dry and the texture difference looked crazy. Now since I cowash and actually am hydrating my hair they cooperate w/o gel! :yay: why didn't I go natural sooner

My wash n go takes like 10 mins in the shower (co washing and minimal finger detanglin) and like 10 mins out the shower (only using leave in) once i stop playing in my hair looking for definition lol I don't understand what takes an hour?!

Granted my hair is between 6-8 inches long but its very high density. nap85 w-n-g pic on instagram comments were interesting.

My hair is past waist length, but I would take shoulder length hair in a heartbeat if I could have the thickness that I wanted.

I will wash my hair tomorrow. I guess I will spray my new growth with something and moisturize my relaxed ends with something else. I wonder if I dilute Knot Today, will that help?

My hair is past waist length, but I would take shoulder length hair in a heartbeat if I could have the thickness that I wanted.

I wish i could give you some of mine, i wish it was tiny less dense.
For waist length hair,an hour makes sense. I'm almost rethinking growing my hair out, I don't want to spend that long on simple styles. I think 2 more inches and i'll be good.

If I want to wear my curls more often I will have to cut off at least 4 inches. My afro is too big and I do not want strangers touching it :( Aint no damn way I'm cutting 4 inches :ohwell:

So I'm sitting in my home office doing an onion mask under a plastic cap and scarf, so proud that I had finally found the right mix of EO's to hide the smell. DH kept passing by giving me the side eye so I finally said "What?!!" Turns out he was trying to find a nice way to tell me my deodorant had failed me. Sometimes this HJ makes me feel so stupid.

Last edited:
So I'm sitting in my home office doing an onion mask under a plastic cap and scarf, so proud that I had finally found the right mix of EO's to hide the smell. DH kept passing by giving me the side eye me so I finally said "What?!!" Turns out he was trying to find a nice way to tell me my deodorant had failed me. Sometimes this HJ makes me feel so stupid.
Dead! Lmbo! that's as bad as when I had scrambled eggs in my hair. I thought rinsing my homemade protein treatment with Luke warm water would be ok.... I just stick to the ORS mayo now!

My neighbor thinks my products make my hair curly. She even borderline thinks I have a texturizer.

Her exact words, "I'm half Puerto Rican and my hair doesn't curl like that!"

I didn't or wont even get into it with her. I can't have a conversation with her about haircare at all because as soon as I mention her blow drying, her immediate answer is, oh it curls back though.

I did a blow out last year and she was like , well, why do you walk around with your hair like that if its that long. I just looked at her. It's amazing what folks think of you until your hair looks long.

Not hair related.. But I need to do my homework and study for my exam and i'm sitting here looking at wigs and getting ready to do a friends hair.

i am going to trim my hair shorter this week-end. which may mean tonite...especially if i am bored.

i can't believe that i am doing this.....but i like it...

I wish i could give you some of mine, i wish it was tiny less dense.
For waist length hair,an hour makes sense. I'm almost rethinking growing my hair out, I don't want to spend that long on simple styles. I think 2 more inches and i'll be good.

Some people with thick hair have their stylist thin their hair out some. I just can't personally imagine feeling my hair was too thick. But I guess the grass always looks greener in someone else's scalp. :)

Thanks to this bleepin FL humidity I cut my hair because it needed to be more rounded and layered. I miss my Bob...but I'm starting to feel these curls on my head.

Even though I'm liking the way my curls look and feel. I really want to try SOOOOOO many products DON'T DO IT, DON'T DO IT, DON'T DO IT...

I still believe in KISS when it comes to my hair and I'm sure I do and use a lot of stuff that I will get a lot flack for but I could care less it works for my hair lol!!!

Trying to find a KCCC/KCKT dupe.

Tonight I tried curls creme brûlée + curls goddess curls gel and CCB + Ecostyler Argan oil on a small test patch.

Double fail. My hair is frizzy yet stringy. I want to try flaxseed gel with a leave-in next.

ETA: I give up trying to attach a pic!

Last edited:
Well I did a roller set with the regular magnetic rollers to see if I can get my hair straight. It was a no go and turned out exactly how I thought. Sometimes stuff is just common sense even though a couple of people plant beliefs in your head. I can get my hair straight unless it's just freshly relaxed with no new growth or I use direct heat. I knew you couldn't get 4a hair straight with just a roller set. Also those self stuck ones just pull out your hair. I did it on the mannequin and took them crap back

I think you should try again I'm 4a and 4b and was able to get my hair straight. Others on the board have been able to as well.

Some people with thick hair have their stylist thin their hair out some. I just can't personally imagine feeling my hair was too thick. But I guess the grass always looks greener in someone else's scalp. :)
Honey I wore my hair barbered close for years before deciding to let it grow last April. When parting my hair to apply a protein treatment or just pre-pooing w/oil I understand why I wore it cut close for so long. This stuff is thick and dense!! It is great for volume but is a beast to work with. I love it and would never want thin hair or have it thinned out, but it's just a lot of work and it is only about 4-5 inches long. It's why I'm not concerned about length. The longer it is the more work. And I'm sure I'd get more definition if I raked my products thru, but it would be like applying a perm and that would take a long time. No thank you.

My neighbor thinks my products make my hair curly. She even borderline thinks I have a texturizer.

Her exact words, "I'm half Puerto Rican and my hair doesn't curl like that!"

I didn't or wont even get into it with her. I can't have a conversation with her about haircare at all because as soon as I mention her blow drying, her immediate answer is, oh it curls back though.

I did a blow out last year and she was like , well, why do you walk around with your hair like that if its that long. I just looked at her. It's amazing what folks think of you until your hair looks long.
Ugh...more power to ya cuz I would not be able to converse w/her about hair. And her "halfness" means nothing. There are PRs w/afros. I ride the train w/one. Told me her hair is a lot of work and she'd look like Tina Turner w/o gel.

I agree you should try again. I can get my super kinky 4c almost relaxer straight but there's tricks to it.

.dripping wet hair
.a setting lotion that agrees with your ng
.very small parts probably half what you use for your relaxed hair. So that's double the rollers.
.more tension

Sometimes ive resprayed the rollers after install to ensure they are extra wet. Sitting under the dryer helps too.
Well I did a roller set with the regular magnetic rollers to see if I can get my hair straight. It was a no go and turned out exactly how I thought. Sometimes stuff is just common sense even though a couple of people plant beliefs in your head. I can get my hair straight unless it's just freshly relaxed with no new growth or I use direct heat. I knew you couldn't get 4a hair straight with just a roller set. Also those self stuck ones just pull out your hair. I did it on the mannequin and took them crap back

I can't even detangle my wng with conditioner and let it sit overnight because my hair likes to frizz so much. :cry3: I'll have to wake up 30 mins earlier to detangle and rinse the con dish immediately and then do a bentonite clay rinse to define my curls then leave in and aloe vera gel. :spinning:

My hair better be lucky i love it and the fact that I'm done in the summer my classes don't start until 1pm or i would be rocking a tea this summer

Why is it I go into a hair store (Sallys) and they do not have my product (creme of nature copper bronze color) but I can into my CVS and they have a whole shelf of every single color by cream of nature.

Back