Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Idk about this...I just wrapped it and will take it out in the later on when I wake up, but I still don't think it will be straight. Maybe the image I got in my head is too straight. I want relaxer or flat ironed straight. I see some videos where the girls do the roller set and they say it's straight and I don't agree. Stretched but not straight.

Yeah, if you are a type 4, relaxer or flat ironed straight with a rollerset may be unrealistic. When I use curlformers I consider my hair straight but I'm not comparing that with what it would like relaxed or with direct heat. My rollerset hair looks like my relaxed hair when I let it air dry. So I consider that straight for me.

Yeah, if you are a type 4, relaxer or flat ironed straight with a rollerset may be unrealistic. When I use curlformers I consider my hair straight but I'm not comparing that with what it would like relaxed or with direct heat. My rollerset hair looks like my relaxed hair when I let it air dry. So I consider that straight for me.
See this makes total sense. I was looking for the wrong results. It does stretch my new growth to the point that I can comb through easy but there is. Difference between my relaxed and new growth.

Oyin Handmade's Whipped Shea Butter in Rich Almond smells so good; Why did I buy only 1 jar?
Now it's unavailable until winter.

I also just contradicted my self because I forgot about curl formers.they do get my new growth relaxer straight. I forgot all about them because I fear them. Every time I do them I end up ripping a section out because don't have enough. It seem like I notice that and I get more and it's never enough and they are expensive. I was going to order the bootleg ones but SO says no, stay with the real ones. But who wants to spend more money or things that are exactly the same and you can get must cheaper. Also who wants to keep spending 12 dollars for a pack of 8 and for 8 more dollars you can get 40 of them. But I might just get the bigger ones because certain parts of my hair they are longer than these curl formers. Like 3 of them lol

Last edited:
But the barrel curlformers are 37 dollars for 16. So I would need at least two which is 74 dollars. And then idk if that's enough

Dang @Lilmama1011 you are serious about that set! Wonder how it turned out...

The result of a good curlformers set cant be beat! Pricey though....

Yes, I was seriously trying to get it straight but I can't. It came out this time a little smoother but I give up. I'm losing too much hair doing this. I got a good amount of growth and it was stiff and sticking out like it had too much body. I don't care what anybody says, you can't get my hair straight with just a roller set. Just my luck of I get the bigger curlformers it might not grip the root straight. I don't want to spend 74 all just to need more curl formers. Not now anyway

I was really looking forward to my blowout in 2 weeks, but now that I am consistently working out I decided to wait. Once I am near my goal weight I can straighten my hair and take a break from the gym for a couple weeks.

I just re-twisted my hair after three weeks out of twists and I'm already tired of the way they look.
I think I may be "over" twists as my go-to protective style.... Maybe its time to think of a new hair plan...

I like the ease and convenience of twists, it really speeds my morning workday routine so if I come up with a new protective style it has to be low maintenance...

I'm probably just disgruntled and / or bored right now, twists have been doing me right so far...
SIGH....

:hair:

:lock:

I have decided and talked it over with my SO that I'm going to start reducing my stretch. He even said you have to do so much to smooth and with the combing of the two textures at almost 3 months . I might relax this week at almost 10 weeks and reduce it to 8 the least. Because I use to relax every 6 weeks in high school and my hair was still thick so

My curls seem to be popping more on day 2 of my wng. Clay washes for life! I was gonna do my hair tonight but forgot I'm not going out of the house tomorrow

Want a blueberry/fruity any good smelling conditioner that is all natural like TJ TTT and the scent last for a few hrs like TJ TT. I love it, but I'm just bored with its peppermint smell. What essential oils could I add to it to jazz it up?

Want a blueberry/fruity any good smelling conditioner that is all natural like TJ TTT and the scent last for a few hrs like TJ TT. I love it, but I'm just bored with its peppermint smell. What essential oils could I add to it to jazz it up?

@sweetpea7
My favorite fruity EOs are sweet orange oil and grapefruit oil. I used to put them in my sulfur mixes back when I was trying those. In aromatherapy, they are also used to lift ones mood so it may be a good addition for morning cowashes. HTH! :)

Last edited:
Going well with my revisit to MSM. I'm starting off really slowly this time. Last time I took it, I was trying to get major hair growth. This time, I'm not in such a hurry - I want to enjoy its other benefits.

My boyfriend loves my natural hair better than my crochet styles. I wasn't worried or even thinking about how he would react to my shrinkage because he's known me for years but when you get in a relationship with someone they get a closer look into your hair routine.

Did a full hair routine with him in the living room today and he didn't bat an eye. The only thing he asked was what was I doing to my hair when he saw the clay in it. I think I might keep him.

Last edited:
My boyfriend loves my natural hair better than my crochet styles. I wasn't worried or even thinking about how he would react to my shrinkage because he's known me for years but when you get in a relationship with someone they get a closer look into your hair routine.

Did a full hair routine with him in the living room today and he didn't bat an eye. The only thing he asked was what was I doing to my hair when he say the clay in it. I think I might keep him.
You better! :yep:

I need to get off this site and go wash my hair:drunk: (those other ones don't count. I'm just having trouble deleting them).

:cry3:

:eek:

That aveda naturally straight product sounds interesting. I'm just too lazy to flat-iron (or buy a flat-iron more like) and I like that it only requires blow drying. Just wish there were more video/pic reviews on natural hair...

I'm pretty sure I'm going to get at least 7 inches (or more) of hair cut off this Saturday. I'm determined to transition completely this time.

Washed with CON Argan and DCed with my baby daddy Joico Moisture Recovery Balm. Gelled up my perimeter for a bun and threw four braids in it to dry.

Can't wait to take out these twists! After being in this water? ! Tuh!

I have a whole extra week and I'm ret to take them out!

Back