Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

I absolutely love having curly hair! :)

It's an instant style and the shrinkage fools ppl into thinking it's shorter than it really is and it's really TWICE as long!

It matches my personality and it's fun trying different types of stylers on it. :D

made an appt with the hair salon...for a wash/flat iron..why did the lady confirm hair cut....i called up and clarified..read her the email wash/flatiron!!!

peeved....like who does that? would've been on the news if i sat down and said hairdresser pulled out the scissors and proceed...:blush:

So I'm finally putting up my CVS purchases from the past 2 days trying to figure out if I should go buy more Shea Moisture raw shea butter deep treatment masque before the sale ends...I open my product drawer and see that I have 3 full jars waaaay in the back left from the sale in October...now I have 7. I still need 2more jars of the smoothie and I'm good at least until summer. Lol

Being new natural I think I'm going to hold off on mhm for a while and play in some new hair products.. Like SM and oyin and AIA etc. Easy things I can get on the ground

Sooooooooo. He was standing over me when he said, "Wow, your hair has really grown!" Then before I knew it, he touched my bun. I tell you...when a man recoils his hand and says "Your hair is really greasy," it is time to switch up hair products lol.

:rofl:
:lachen:

Lol thanks. I just wish my hair wasn't so hard to grow. It is gonna be 3 years with no relaxer and I'm not even apl

Napp

Well what's your regimen products and technique and how you use them ? Sometimes the wrong come or brush and mess you up.

We need to investigate every detail of your regimen to find out what your hair is not liking
We have to look at porosity high or low styles hair tools etc. after that's figured out and the growth is on it's just set it and forget it :lol:
You may want move this to its own post and tag me
We can't take over the random thread

Napp

Well what's your regimen products and technique and how you use them ? Sometimes the wrong come or brush and mess you up.

We need to investigate every detail of your regimen to find out what your hair is not liking
We have to look at porosity high or low styles hair tools etc. after that's figured out and the growth is on it's just set it and forget it :lol:
You may want move this to its own post and tag me
We can't take over the random thread

Recently I've just been washing and going or bunning daily. I flat iron once or twice a month. I cowash with joico body luxe and use a novex deep conditioner as a leave in along with either Shea butter or apb hair pudding and air dry. If I don't have time I diffuse but I'm pretty good about making the time to do my hair.

Hmm. Do you have any idea why your crown specifically keeps breaking? Something you suspect that might be causing your hair to break off?

It could be that the hair there is less elastic than the rest of my hair because it is thicker and a different texture. I also blame buns but they are so easy to do.

Recently I've just been washing and going or bunning daily. I flat iron once or twice a month. I cowash with joico body luxe and use a novex deep conditioner as a leave in along with either Shea butter or apb hair pudding and air dry. If I don't have time I diffuse but I'm pretty good about making the time to do my hair.

Could it be that your not getting enough moisture in your hair I see the novel but that's keratin conditioner right? As a leave in it might be too much protein. Maybe use it as a DC 1 a week or less you may want to alternate with a moisturizing DC the next week or just use a moisturizing conditioner as a daily leave in. I do both of these methods. Then I seal. The middle spot may be due to tint binning or not rotating the sites slightly or it just needs more product in general cause the texture is different.
HTH

I just bought a Jilbere vent brush. I'm hoping that it'll make my blow outs easier. The comb attachment on my dryer gets my hair strait, but it pops off after every pass.

I was having some random breakage for the past couple weeks. I now suspect that it may be due to protein overload. I've been using giovanni direct leave in to moisturize. I'm going to lay off that for a while and see if that helps

All of my hair and skin products have taken over my husbands vanity area and the area under his sink. He just looks, shakes his head and tries to maintain a little corner for himself. :lachen:

I've not purchased Miss Jessie's products in years but I got sucked in my their Coily Custard (BOGO 50%/Target) yesterday. I used it today for the first time and surprisingly, I think I like it. I'll try it a few more times in the next week to be sure.

My wash and go was so lifeless today. Thought about cutting it but I need to get to waist length before I go all willy nilly and start cutting stuff. Or maybe I should cut to give it shape then start my waist length journey. Tomorrow I'll try to pick it out to add some shape and volume. If not I'm snipping then I'll work my way back to mid back and eventually waist length next year.

All of my hair and skin products have taken over my husbands vanity area and the area under his sink. He just looks, shakes his head and tries to maintain a little corner for himself. :lachen:
Lol same here. DH side eyes every time he sees my collection of products.

Last edited:
I'm mad I listened to you SSI lovers... I might be spending more money because that marshmallow cream and the coco Creme leave in are the business...

And I haven't event tried the conditioners yet.

Jesus be a budget... ::look::

I really like Njoy oil, but I'm definitely thinking that I'm going to order a scented version next time. This sulfur smell isn't overwhelming, but it's definitely there. Not amused. Interestingly, DH hasn't mentioned it.

Back