Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

I learned this weekend that prepoo-ing is bad luck. Every time I do it my wash day is ALWAYS delayed by at least 2 days. :perplexed:

Anyone still using MN? I just bought a new tube to help reach my goal. It's given me very nice growth bursts in the past.:Flahsssss

Y'all should do like your big cousin krissyhair and study under the dryer. Preparing for my exam tomorrow and drying a flexi rod set right now.

Tried that and ended up falling asleep for two hours lol. But I gotta get my life and regimen together for next semester. Can't be neglecting Sunshine (my hair) like this

Washing my leave out right now, my scalp is so flaky & it's breaking off a lot. My leave out is damaged, maybe in February I'll do my own hair build some protein or just get a full head weave with bangs

When you think your twist out is doing something because it hangs past shoulder length. And then you see this

image-2344703081.jpg

New goals.

I have not had a wash and go since August. And I've only had one twist and curl for Thanksgiving. Tomorrow I shall wash (diffuse) and go. Then back to bunning it. One won't kill me...right?!

My hair feels great since I restarted using my Oyin Handmade products again. Sometimes it's best to stick with what originally worked.

Sooooooooo. He was standing over me when he said, "Wow, your hair has really grown!" Then before I knew it, he touched my bun. I tell you...when a man recoils his hand and says "Your hair is really greasy," it is time to switch up hair products lol.

I think I might try monistat for hair growth. I've never used it before and I'm kinda curious...or maybe I'm just sleepy and need to log off instead of scrolling through all these old posts. Anybody ever tried it before? Does it really work?

I think I might try monistat for hair growth. I've never used it before and I'm kinda curious...or maybe I'm just sleepy and need to log off instead of scrolling through all these old posts. Anybody ever tried it before? Does it really work?
I believed it worked for me. It gave me a growth spurt. I just don't want to use it yet, since I'm not ready to deal with a lot of new growth.

can you get this look if you straightened and gelled down your twa?

Attachments

• c2dc9bcab26d3d4d9bf3d5adc80ad341.jpg
    c2dc9bcab26d3d4d9bf3d5adc80ad341.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 67
Years ago a stylist said that the key to dealing with natural hair is moisture. She is SOOOOOOO right! When my hair is properly moisturized (not just greasy :look:), it is so smooth and easy to work with for styling. My moisturized hair is straighter and smooth compared to it being puffy and coarse when it is dried out. Like night and day! I keep touching my hair to feel it.

Thank the LORD for all this trial and error working out in my favor. If I did not have good products to keep my hair moisturized, I would have given up on my natural hair a long time ago. Not now. Hopefully not ever.

I just cant wait until I could play in my hair again. This semester is kicking my butt. I think I read 900 pages in the span of 3 days on top of actually writing these 20pg term papers. Luckily I mastered the 15 minute wash n go or else my hair would be suffering.

Yes, it works for me.
Years ago a stylist said that the key to dealing with natural hair is moisture. She is SOOOOOOO right! When my hair is properly moisturized (not just greasy :look:), it is so smooth and easy to work with for styling. My moisturized hair is straighter and smooth compared to it being puffy and coarse when it is dried out. Like night and day! I keep touching my hair to feel it.

Thank the LORD for all this trial and error working out in my favor. If I did not have good products to keep my hair moisturized, I would have given u p on my natural hair a long time ago. Not now. Hopefully not ever.
What products are you using? Holla

So the site that sells Hana is out of service and has been for some time now. I need a new flat iron ASAP or I need this one to be repaired. I found a site that repairs flat irons but I can't find any reviews and I don't wanna just ship my baby away into the unknown. #FirstWorldProblems

Yes, it works for me.

What products are you using? Holla

HappyAtLast

That greasy mess in my hair yesterday acted like a prepoo of basically coconut oil. I shampoo'd my scalp and rinsed it all out. I then did a modified oil rinse by adding a lil drop more of the greasy stuff to my ends, applied VO5 silky experience coconut condish and rinsed with very warm water. When I got out the shower, I used Oyin Hairdew and sealed with a lil Crisco. Detangled. Did some big Celine braids and let it airdry overnight. Applied a bit more hair dew this morning and out in a bun.

I plan to flat iron later so I was careful not to use too much leave in products.

The greasy stuff is Mission:Condition products but I know now that my hair doesn't absorb it bc it has so much coconut oil in it. I could use plain coconut oil and get the same result.

Last edited:
HappyAtLast

That greasy mess in my hair yesterday acted like a prepoo of basically coconut oil. I shampoo'd my scalp and rinsed it all out. I then did a modified oil rinse by adding a lil drop more of the greasy stuff to my ends, applied VO5 silky experience coconut condish and rinsed with very warm water. When I got out the shower, I used Oyin Hairdew and sealed with a lil Crisco. Detangled. Did some big Celine braids and let it airdry overnight. Applied a bit more hair dew this morning and out in a bun.

I plan to flat iron later so I was careful not to use too much leave in products.

The greasy stuff is Mission:Condition products but I know now that my hair doesn't absorb it bc it has so much coconut oil in it. I could use plain coconut oil and get the same result.
thanks! I also seal with Crisco. That stuff is wonderful. A little goes a long way and does the job. Ill be blowing out my hair today with Cantu Shea Butter and sealing with Crisco - my first attempt at keeping my hair blown out every 2 weeks.

I need someone to send me some Hair Dew so I can use this unopened bottle of Honey Hemp Conditioner.

Its just sitting there staring at me but I refuse to use it without the Hair dew... so I can seal the yummyness in with the Burnt Sugar Pomade... yeah.. I'm weird, lol.

Hmm... maybe I can make a purchase.. somewhere...and add it in. lololol

Back