Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

I was surprised at the texture of PBN Cupuacu Hair Butter. I thought it would be a solid balm. It's a foam; like whipped cream in a spray can.

Using LHCF via smartphone. Can't see mentions.

Bibliophile that's interesting, the two PBN Cupcuacu Butter jars I got last year (in the middle of my second one now) are solid balm texture that melt upon contact. I'll be interested in seeing if the jar I ordered from this BF is this new texture you describe. Love that stuff.

Bibliophile that's interesting, the two PBN Cupcuacu Butter jars I got last year (in the middle of my second one now) are solid balm texture that melt upon contact. I'll be interested in seeing if the jar I ordered from this BF is this new texture you describe. Love that stuff.

Mische
I've never ordered the butter before. I thought it would have the dense texture of Oyin Handmade's pomades, Darcy Botanicals butters or Shea Moisture's infused butters.

PBN's butter is very light. You can see the air bubbles in it. The jar is so light I thought it was empty. I'll take comparison pictures when I get home.

Mische
I've never ordered the butter before. I thought it would have the dense texture of Oyin Handmade's pomades, Darcy Botanicals butters or Shea Moisture's infused butters.

PBN's butter is very light. You can see the air bubbles in it. The jar is so light I thought it was empty. I'll take comparison pictures when I get home.

That's definitely not how my PBN butter is. Mine is like Mische described

Saw these at our local Indian mart. There are several formulas:

https://www.ishopindian.com/dabur-v...-oil-nourishment-cream-c-97-p-3-pr-25604.html

Garlic anti-fall, $6.99 500 ml
vatika_hairfallhotoil_c.jpg

Dabur Vatika Hair Fall Control - Hot Oil Nourishment Cream
Vatika Hair Fall Control - Hot Oil Treatment is formulated for breaking, falling and weak hair. It contains extracts of Garlic, Cactus and Coconut to fortify, energize and nourish hair.

Garlic: Disinfects the skin and stimulates roots, controlling hair fall.

Cactus: With its soothing and nutritive properties repairs hair shaft and prevents hair loss.

Coconut: Strengthens and makes hair thicker.

Its soothing and nutritive properties repairs the hair shaft and prevents hair loss.

Usage: After shampooing or normal wash, apply cream on your hair. Massage your hair and scalp gently with your fingertips to ensure complete application on hair from root to tip. Leave on for 10 to 15 minutes. For best results keep hair wrapped in hot towel. Rinse off hair as usual.

I thought my hair wasnt growing but i decided to do a pull length check and my hair is an inch past apl! I cant wait to do a proper length check at the end of the year and see if i really passed apl.

Mische

I was thinking the exact same thing when I opened mines yesterday. This is a first time purchase for me as well. I really thought it would be more solid.

Last edited:
I'm very new to butters and pomades. Is anyone able to recommend one to me that has a texture similar to grease/Vaseline?

That's definitely not how my PBN butter is. Mine is like Mische described

Mische oneastrocurlie and anyone else that uses PBN's butter:

Here are the comparison pictures.
ForumRunner_20141213_000754.jpg
Column 1 shows PBN Cupuacu Hair Butter & OH Whipped Shea Butter. Column 2 shows SM Frankincense/Myrrh infused Shea Butter & OH Sugar Berries.
ForumRunner_20141213_000857.jpg
Note the consistency of each product. The PBN butter is airy.
ForumRunner_20141213_001200.jpg
OH's Whipped Shea on the right is denser than PBN's butter.

Is this the typical appearance of the Cupuacu Hair Butter?

Haven't washed my hair but I will tonight or tomorrow, I really need to get on it. Definitely using my steamer, I need intense moisture. UGH, if only I could find a DEEPLY moisturizing DC that moisturizes both my NG and relaxed hair that I could use under the steamer for 2x the moisture.

I wanna flat twist my whole head but I know it will take me hours lol. Moisturizing and sealing daily. Hair is smooth and soft and barely shedding

For the old....old heads in here. I cracked open a fresh bottle of DDTA tonite for a quick condition after steaming.

I'm such a non PJ these days, I'm finally getting to use the stuff I bought years ago! :lol: :look: :ohwell:

@Mische @oneastrocurlie and anyone else that uses PBN's butter:

Here are the comparison pictures.
View attachment 287977
Column 1 shows PBN Cupuacu Hair Butter & OH Whipped Shea Butter. Column 2 shows SM Frankincense/Myrrh infused Shea Butter & OH Sugar Berries.
View attachment 287979
Note the consistency of each product. The PBN butter is airy.
View attachment 287981
OH's Whipped Shea on the right is denser than PBN's butter.

Is this the typical appearance of the Cupuacu Hair Butter?

Bibliophile that is not how my PBN Cupuacu was. Mine was dense and solid, not whipped and fluffy. :nono:

I'm very new to butters and pomades. Is anyone able to recommend one to me that has a texture similar to grease/Vaseline?

PlainJane
Here are some from my stash:
ForumRunner_20141213_020754.jpg

Sunny Isle Lavender JBCO Hair Pomade -sold at CurlMart.com & beauty supply stores

WiseWays Herbals Crowning Glory Hair & Scalp Cream - sold at iherb.com & health food stores

Bekura Beauty (formerly BASK) Java Bean & Honey Hair Balm - sold at bekurabeauty.com

Tropic Isle Living JBCO & Coconut JBCO Hair Food - sold at Hattache.com & beauty supply stores

Oyin Handmade Sugar Berries & Burnt Sugar pomades (packaging is now white) - sold at CurlMart.com, OyinHandmade.com & Target

Bibliophile that is not how my PBN Cupuacu was. Mine was dense and solid, not whipped and fluffy. :nono:

Froreal3
Okay, now I'm peeved. I ordered three of these butters expecting a balm texture. I've only received one.
Whipped product = less product.
I wish sellers would update their product descriptions when they change formulas.

I'm graduating today! Y'all pray for me!! I hope my hair doesn't explode out of my cap lol. I put on enough hair gel for 5 whiteoleander91s lol

Froreal3
Okay, now I'm peeved. I ordered three of these butters expecting a balm texture. I've only received one.
Whipped product = less product.
I wish sellers would update their product descriptions when they change formulas.

I just sent them an email asking if they changed their formula because what I received is NOT like ones that others have experienced.

I wish I could detangle my hair with a brush or comb, it would be so much faster. My strands are really fine though so it breaks really easily. Counterproductive when you're trying to retain

I think when I do my touch-up, I'm going to get it a bit more straighter. I'm still getting a lot of ssks. I really like prettywitty77's hair. I just need to get my hair straight enough to finger-comb and use less heat. I figure I can retain more length since I won't have to detangle so much to stretch my hair if that makes sense.

Last edited:
Back