Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Welp, this braid n curl sure got big....
I'm conflicted. On the one hand, I think I should cowash and bun and reserve out hair for the weekends. On the other hand, my edges much prefer it when I leave my hair out....what to do?? what to do??

Last edited:
Was talking to a white guy today and he asked me if my hair was extensions, I told him it was mine and he was rather shocked, "you were able to grow it that long?" he said. I felt some kind of way about that really...

So last night I had a dream/nightmare that Elgin Charles from Beverly Hills Fabulous put a perm in my hair!!!! :angry2: A dark skin lady kept telling me that my curls would come back with moisture moisture moisture!!!!:blush: needless to say I woke up feeling for my naps under my cap....I need help :lachen:
What's up with naturals and the relaxer nightmare? :lol: Do relaxed women have nightmares about having a Florida Evans fro?

I guess I will take some length check pics. That stylist gave me a beautiful cut.

Was talking to a white guy today and he asked me if my hair was extensions, I told him it was mine and he was rather shocked, "you were able to grow it that long?" he said. I felt some kind of way about that really...

Did you let him know that was a rude question?

Sent from my DROIDX

Writing in my blog and forgot how to spell odour and was spelling it in French even though I knew it looked strange. I hate how learning another language even after forgetting most of it can mess up with your native tongue. :ohwell:

I woke up this morning and realized that my hair is longer than it was a year ago and I've transitioned and big chopped. Which basically means I only have about 14 months of growth on my head. It just makes me wonder what in the world was I doing to my hair before then if I couldnt even retain 6 inches of hair within several years??? I love LHCF and everything its taught me! It has changed my hair drastically.

I wonder where my hair would be right now if I didn't do a trim ever 4 months and my ends were indestructible sick retention?

I'm sitting here making kick-a$$ basslines on my hair! :lachen::lachen::lachen: I found that the ones near my ear that really pop back up when I pull them then let go work and sound the best.

Holding the strands of hair (twist or untwisted) taught with some slight slack, simply strum.

Why, yes, I am bored.

Gonna blow the dust off my maxiglide. May use it today. I haven't straightened my hair since I've hit the 1 yr mark. I'm sitting under the dryer with conditioner on right now. After, I'll pujt the curlformers in so it can stretch my hair then flatiron. I don't want to use the blowdryer AND flatiron. I feel like that may be too much.

I have a product here that I don't want. Do any of you like KeraCare Dry & Itchy Scalp Shampoo? It strips my hair too much and I'm over using products I have to cast spells and mix in a cauldron to work. :look:

Napp, I LOVE those african beanie looking hats except mine are in an array of colors. I'm just too chicken to wear them to work.

goodmorningruby, What type of rollers do you use to overnight rollerset.

What's up with naturals and the relaxer nightmare? :lol: Do relaxed women have nightmares about having a Florida Evans fro?[/Quote/]

This was the 1st time it has ever happen to me! But let me tell you I was in tears in my dream! :lachen: I wonder how many other women have had a dream like this. :look:

I DC'd then cowashed and my scalp is itchy. also my hair feels tangled from that DC...I think a good shampoo and condition is in order...

--I have the most backwards behind shower drain ever. I'm mad I can't put a hair catcher on it and I'm even more upset that a little behind hairball blocked it up. smh.

--My favorite kind of bun is a messy bun. It's so laid back.

I DC'd then cowashed and my scalp is itchy. also my hair feels tangled from that DC...I think a good shampoo and condition is in order...

@ the bolded this is why I can't get down with co-washing man. No matter what con I use my scalp is always left feeling like something on it, and then the itchies come, argh :ohwell: Team shampoo!

OT: Dude your avi pic is cracking me up! Whoever did that to the little kitty is dead wrong :giggle:

@ the bolded this is why I can't get down with co-washing man. No matter what con I use my scalp is always left feeling like something on it, and then the itchies come, argh :ohwell: Team shampoo!

OT: Dude your avi pic is cracking me up! Whoever did that to the little kitty is dead wrong :giggle:

Oh my scalp likes cowashing, but it's when I DC before my co-wash that it doesn't act right.

May be TMI: every time I scratch my scalp tiny flakes trickle all over the place :nono: I never have dandruff or dry scalp. Straight buildup. Yeah, I need to shampoo first thing tomorrow.

As for my avi, from a combo of summer school, job stuff, bills, and life....it's about accurate :drunk:

Last edited:
AlliCat - my hair was like that (flaky) before I washed this past session. Not sure what was up. I did burn/tingle a little from the TU, ended up with scabs (TMI) so I wasn't sure if it was scalp issues resulting from that.

ever since i went back to pressing my hair i almost forgot that i wanted to get a relaxer. then i went outside today. my bangs shriveled up in just a few minutes:nono: I hate this weather. its like 99% humidity.does this still happen to you relaxed ladies? id rather have curls that drop than hair that shrivels.:ohwell:

ever since i went back to pressing my hair i almost forgot that i wanted to get a relaxer. then i went outside today. my bangs shriveled up in just a few minutes:nono: I hate this weather. its like 99% humidity.does this still happen to you relaxed ladies? id rather have curls that drop than hair that shrivels.:ohwell:

One of the reasons I went natural is because my relaxed hair got so frizzy in high humidity. I was flat ironing my hair 2-3 times a day.

So I ended up not straightening and put my hair in twists. I pinned them up some kinda way. :lol: I plan to keep them in for a week and may do another set and make an updo a different way. I have to look on youtube and find a cute one. I'll post pics in the everyday hair thread tmrw.

Nope my hair stays bone straight until I wash it...it makes sense that natural and underprocessed hair will shrivel up in humidity though

Back