Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Omg, I should be finishing up 2 presentations and working on my research. *sigh* Instead I am researching stuff for my hair. I can tell you more about ceramides, rollersets, steamers, oil rinses, cowashing, and bentonite clay than I can about receptors involved in intestinal inflammation. Great. Lol.

I think ima buy some bentonite clay tomorrow.

Sent from my DROIDX

the lady at sallys told me this was better than creme of nature but it just looks so cheap. What did it do for your hair?

Droid typing leads to typos for me

I've used it as a heat protectant and I've used it to air dry. I've found that it is awesome for smoothing my hair, it leaves my hair incredibly soft, and it makes for an AMAZING heat protectant ( I actually felt like it was protecting my hair during straightening and I had less breakage).

I was skeptical at first b/c it is loaded w/ cones (I don't know how your hair will respond to that) but I've found that it doesn't coat my hair at all. I love it!

So i just blow dried & flat ironed my hair and it really has grown...wow, I'm happy with my touch up results.

I need to figure out how to upload pics from my phone to lhcf....hmm...

Just had Magnum Chocolate Bars, they taste like a rip off Haagen Daz. Not impressed.
Dang you girl! Lol, that was going to be my treat for myself tomorrow (uh, later today).

Sent from my DROIDX

Ugh so I have these skimpy tiny bananas that were watery and had no taste. So OBVIOUSLY I'm able to eat 3 and leave some back for my mother but she doesn't eat any after having 1 and me saying they don't have a taste. :perplexed: So now they're there just overly ripe. At least I'll have some for my hair to try the recipe I posted previously. Might leave out the milk though.

Dang you girl! Lol, that was going to be my treat for myself tomorrow (uh, later today).

Sent from my DROIDX

Hm. Well I don't have a sweet tooth anymore. :lachen: I more crave things like, sushi, certain veggies, fish, meat :look:, salty things. :lachen: I swear if it were Valentine's day and a guy gave me anything sweet, I wouldn't be overjoyed. Would rather have pasta or something practical like clothing or hair products. So have your treat, you'll probably like it. :lol:

AlliCat - 4 months and will not do that again, no time soon. I just had a bad overall experience. First off, I was trying to be bandwagonish by using protein a week before I TU (like many). I protein treated (Aphogee 2 step) around week 12 but I protein overloaded. I spent weeks 13-16 trying to correct the overload. It was horrible. Experienced breakage, blah. That situation aside, I find that my hair starts to break, shed excessively and just not act right beyond week 10. For now, I stretch to 10 weeks only. I might add a week later this year and hold to stretching to 11 weeks for a while until I develop a 11 week tolerance and just keep adding one week at a time, developing tolerance, etc until I master the art of stretching because right now, my stretching technique suck.

Aireen, what is cod liver good for?

Lissa0821, I use Joico Kpak shampoo weekly and love it (so far). I use a moisture DC (Kenra) to balance it out. I have the Intense Hydrator but haven't use it yet.

Geminigirl, I have one of the same steamers that you have.

Aireen, what is cod liver good for?

I used to take it everyday religiously when I was younger. It made my skin CLEAN AND CLEAR. It has tons of omega 3 fatty acids, vitamin A, and vitamin D; it's probably the vitamin A that helped my skin since A vitamins helps skin turn over. Helps with brain development too and also hair by making it shiny, smooth and more durable. It has a bunch of benefits but I'm mainly buying it for my skin since I want to get back to that kind of sun-kissed, dark, clear complexion I had. Right now my skin is either muddy or mediocre... :look:

Come to think of it, divachyk... I'm definitely going out of my way tomorrow to buy this.

Made my banana pre-poo, used banana, mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon of coconut oil, 1 teaspoon of safflower oil and conditioner. I'll tell you guys how this works. :look:

Attachments

• IMG_1406.JPG
    IMG_1406.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1407.JPG
    IMG_1407.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1408.JPG
    IMG_1408.JPG
    101 KB · Views: 19
Does it matter how you wash your natural hair, in the kitchen sink, laundry sink ,or shower?

Sent from my PG06100 using PG06100

Aireen - I take Triple Strength Fish Oil for the omega aspect; acai berry chewable (antioxidant); multi-vitamin and calcium tabs daily. Not sure if adding cod liver will be too much but I will check with the dr.

My post TU shedding is here. Gots to wash and use my AE garlic today. I've kicked that can down the road long enough.

Thank you Trader Joes for making a shampoo that does not make me itch. I dont know why I never tried you before and I've ben using the conditioner for years.

You are inexpensive and easily accesible. What more could a woman ask for. smooches to Trader Joes nourish spa shampoo!!!

Cosigned! I'm just getting around to trying Trader Joe's Nourish Spa shampoo and conditioner and I must say, I'm in looooooove! Went back and stocked up. :lick: Keepers. Both.

i realized i seem to be one of the posters who have alot of knowledge but cant seem to grow their hair long because of too much experimentation:ohwell: i finally got my regimen down though and am seeing visible progress so hopefully my hair will give some weight to my posts....lol

i realized i seem to be one of the posters who have alot of knowledge but cant seem to grow their hair long because of too much experimentation:ohwell: i finally got my regimen down though and am seeing visible progress so hopefully my hair will give some weight to my posts....lol

Please. Your hair is gorgeous! Hello?

I am so tired of my wig, it is in pretty bad shape, but only nine more days til my trip and only nine more days til let my hair back out. I miss her so and even though it will only have been three weeks, I hope I am pleasantly surprised.

the lady at sallys told me this was better than creme of nature but it just looks so cheap. What did it do for your hair?

I've used it as a heat protectant and I've used it to air dry. I've found that it is awesome for smoothing my hair, it leaves my hair incredibly soft, and it makes for an AMAZING heat protectant ( I actually felt like it was protecting my hair during straightening and I had less breakage).

I was skeptical at first b/c it is loaded w/ cones (I don't know how your hair will respond to that) but I've found that it doesn't coat my hair at all. I love it!
oh ok I was confused. I thought you were talking about the deep treatment. I read what I wanted to. I have heard good things about the oil though.

Freshly texlaxed & I am def loving pin curling my hair @ night...i wanna get away from protective styling so much and i think pincurls nightly will do the trick.

I think i will wear my hair down 3 days a week & ponytail bun 4 days a week using nothing in my hair but coconut oil.

After about 3-4 weeks i will return to my daily wigs & scurl...yup that's what I'm gonna do.

Omgoodness, this is exactly how i feel lol

Geminigirl, I have one of the same steamers that you have.

You must have the other one and I am sure it gets just as hot is not hotter. You are brave. I was thinking maybe thicker or longer hair can take it without the cap because of more hair. I tried steaming in twists, plaits, all out, up in a high puff it was all murder to my scalp. So I will stick to what I am doing if it works.

Back