Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Already seen it. Victoria Park and Sheppard Ave. Beauty Supply Store. If you decide to go buy it call first though they didn't have a large quantity.

thanks for the heads up!

divachyk apparently its supposed to be out later this month or earlier next month. You could probably find it online too

now that I'm not at school anymore, I'll cut back on wearing my hair out all the time.
cowashing/bunning during the week, braidouts/twistouts on weekends.
i guess i can deal with that...

There is a new Vitamin Water Zero called "Glow" and it has biotin, zince, and some other b vits. The bottle says it's for healthy skin, hair and nails. Interesting - one bottle has 50% of your biotin intake for the day. Tastes pretty good if you are used to diet juice drinks.

There is a new Vitamin Water Zero called "Glow" and it has biotin, zince, and some other b vits. The bottle says it's for healthy skin, hair and nails. Interesting - one bottle has 50% of your biotin intake for the day. Tastes pretty good if you are used to diet juice drinks.

Does it taste diet-y? :lol:

Washed the straightness away... hello again, curly fro- you'll make a good braidout tomorrow.
LOVING the versatility.

Tried the Joico Kpak line today, I thought it was OK. The shampoo had my hair feeling stripped but thankfully the intense hydrator detangled my hair well. There is no way I could use this in a deep stretch, which is disappointing. I am going to try it again but I think this is going to go in my product graveyard.

I am still on the hunt for a light to medium protein I can use weekly or biweekly. I am going to give Ultra Sheen Duo Tex a try, it is on clearance at my local Sallys.

Last edited:
Whew - getting caught up on the thread, here goes:

@AlliCat, all that bestie doesn't take, I'll gladly PM you my address. Dump your unwanted prods on me. :rolleyes:

@Nix08, I have a steamer and I'm enjoying it. Also heard that protein works better with steaming. When doing a protein treatment, what's the order of your regi? I'm planning to do a protein treatment this weekend and think I will steam protein, shampoo, steam moisture DC.

@Myjourney2009 - agree that my hair is drier when wearing it out.

@Geminigirl - I steam without a cap; my stylist does it with. I inquired why and she indicates it helps to trap everything in better. Take it for what it's worth...that's what she said, though.

@SpicyPisces - did you do any other steps following the rinsing of the evco (like DC, apply leave-ins, etc)?

I believe it about the cap because the steam builds up in the cap so I feel like it really helps penetrate better. I have done with and without I like it with.

My cornrows are a mess. But that steam session really sostened and moisturized my hair. I am tempted to do yarn braids next month instead of make a wig. It would be cheaper and my hair grew a lot last time I had them. Its just the amount of time it takes that I am not looking forward to. We shall see though.

Droid typing leads to typos for me

Didn't get my cod liver oil today. The mall downtown closes at 7pm on Saturday. Why is a big mall downtown closing so early?! Toronto fails. :sad:

Whew - getting caught up on the thread, here goes:

@AlliCat, all that bestie doesn't take, I'll gladly PM you my address. Dump your unwanted prods on me. :rolleyes:

@Nix08, I have a steamer and I'm enjoying it. Also heard that protein works better with steaming. When doing a protein treatment, what's the order of your regi? I'm planning to do a protein treatment this weekend and think I will steam protein, shampoo, steam moisture DC.

@Myjourney2009 - agree that my hair is drier when wearing it out.

@Geminigirl - I steam without a cap; my stylist does it with. I inquired why and she indicates it helps to trap everything in better. Take it for what it's worth...that's what she said, though.

@SpicyPisces - did you do any other steps following the rinsing of the evco (like DC, apply leave-ins, etc)?

I DO NOT GET wearing a under a steamer. The water does not get hot enough to steam the hair under the cap. The whole purpose of steaming is so the hair can sop up all the moisture-y goodness. It makes more sense to keep the cap off. To me money down the drain when steaming with a cap. Now using a cap under a dryer makes sense because the heat is so high it builds up heat on top of the heat coming from your pores, bingo bango steamed hair.

I DO NOT GET wearing a under a steamer. The water does not get hot enough to steam the hair under the cap. The whole purpose of steaming is so the hair can sop up all the moisture-y goodness. It makes more sense to keep the cap off. To me money down the drain when steaming with a cap. Now using a cap under a dryer makes sense because the heat is so high it builds up heat on top of the heat coming from your pores, bingo bango steamed hair.

Yeah I always wondered this

Tomorrow's supposed to rain so my plans are canceled. now I can stay home, read, and do something with my hair. I couldn't ask for a better Sunday.

Last edited:

yea different strokes for different folks. It builds up enough steam for me without the burn to my scalp. I don't have a heuitful I have a standup and it gets pretty hot. So far I like it and I can steam for 30 min straight without getting out or being in pain, works for me and anyone else sensitive to the steam should try it.

yea different strokes for different folks. It builds up enough steam for me without the burn to my scalp. I don't have a heuitful I have a standup and it gets pretty hot. So far I like it and I can steam for 30 min straight without getting out or being in pain, works for me and anyone else sensitive to the steam should try it.

Which stand up do you own. How hot does your water get?

I had a standup and sold that crap. It felt like I was being drizzled on.

I am starting to feel like my hair is immune to relaxers, which is fine because i am terrified of chemical damage. I rinsed my relaxer out & it looked like no relaxer even touched my hair...well it looks slightly different and i don't notice any difference in length but it is thicker....o well.

Throwing away my modified denman brush for good. I went to detangle a teeny section of my hair. On the more textured section it worked well, once it go to the demarcation line to go over to the straighter hair the dam thing broke my my hair right off I did not realize it until Friday morning. Can you say PISSED GRRRRR!!!, it looks like I cut a test bang on the front of my head, I mean it broke off so evenly like I used a scissor.

I really dont want to because of the money I spent on it. Maybe I will hide it until my hair is all the same texture.

My spring/summer regimen is working really well for me.

I sstarted incorporateing humenctants (sodium pca, glycerin, etc) into my reggie and my hair is singing to me. Can you hear it LOL

Thank you Trader Joes for making a shampoo that does not make me itch. I dont know why I never tried you before and I've ben using the conditioner for years.

You are inexpensive and easily accesible. What more could a woman ask for. smooches to Trader Joes nourish spa shampoo!!!

Throwing away my modified denman brush for good. I went to detangle a teeny section of my hair. On the more textured section it worked well, once it go to the demarcation line to go over to the straighter hair the dam thing broke my my hair right off I did not realize it until Friday morning. Can you say PISSED GRRRRR!!!, it looks like I cut a test bang on the front of my head, I mean it broke off so evenly like I used a scissor.

I really dont want to because of the money I spent on it. Maybe I will hide it until my hair is all the same texture.

I was just thinking this today. My modified denman rips my hair out :nono:

Which stand up do you own. How hot does your water get?

I had a standup and sold that crap. It felt like I was being drizzled on.

I got the tap water one from salon r us. Never tested temp but I know that water gets boiling hot. A rapid hot boil. It does drip, but keeping the cap on helps the drippies from my hair stay in the cap so way less water falling on me, face, neck.

Back