Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

God, family, friends, cleanliness, skin, well being, etc. Not that these weren't my focus before but after time to think, I realize I'm just obsessing with and wasting too much money on hair lol. :lachen:

That's deep. and I thought I was doing something with my new nail journey :lachen:

Bey is okay. I met her in person a long time ago before they were famous. They use to perform at different highschools in the H and she was very nice. Her hair was horrid but I can't blame her; Texas Humidity is really Satan in Aura :lachen:

I used a growth aid before but it didn't do anything for me. Im better off at keeping things simple and seeing results.

Yeah everyone always says she's sweet. Apparently she's got bad breath though. :lachen: Dang, first Rihanna hardly sells her concert tickets now Bey's getting boos from the crowds... SAD! :lol:

Exactly, if I don't get to WL or MBL this year, so what? I'll get there eventually and I might as well start trying to know how to take care of my hair as it progresses instead of trying to rush the process and becoming lost in it.

I'll still be posting in this thread though, love me some RT. If only they had one in the OT section with the same people I would be hooked.

That's deep. and I thought I was doing something with my new nail journey :lachen:

Nails too! I'm trying to get my nails on point. I've always had trouble growing them but if I can just keep them shaped nicely, avoiding chipped polish — I'm good. :look: Mostly God though, I don't feel connected enough. :grin:

OT but Bey looked ridiculous in that dress, just saying. If you can't walk in it, why put it on?!

Slowly but surely liking my weave more and more everyday.

Customers at work constantly ask me what products I am using to achieve my curls, and I answer as if it is really my own hair :look:

Here is a pic from 2.5 seconds ago of my hair ...

Attachments

• Snapshot_20110504_1.JPG
    Snapshot_20110504_1.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 33
  • Snapshot_20110504_2.JPG
    Snapshot_20110504_2.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 25

Customers at work constantly ask me what products I am using to achieve my curls, and I answer as if it is really my own hair :look:

Giiiiiiiiirrl, your hair looks great! Damn right to answer like if it's really your own hair, you really paid your own money for it. :grin:

Watching a BET award thing show whatever, Soulja Boy's performing Pretty Boy Swag and has the most gorgeous girl as a dancer with smooth chocolate skin and super short EL hair that's in that old Rihanna cut. Her hair, skin, and makeup are on POINT! Can't help but stare... when she appears lol. :grin:

:giggle:

told you it looks cute!

I want to relax my hair today. I opened the box and everything. I know I should wait 3 days after washing but it's been less than that...guess I should wait...

I'm loving the ease of wearing these small braids. I can stick to my usual regimen without having to manipulate my hair as much.

Just ignore it and think of it as a sign that your hair is growing, that's what I do. :lol:

That's what I'm hoping that it is :pray: with these twists in. I'm gonna try to keep them in for another week, but we'll see how that goes. I'm going through cowash withdrawals. Twitching like a junkie. :spinning:

I think I may need a good trim....or a search and destroy at least. Gonna have to pull out the flat iron.....

I love my freshly relaxed hair. It feels so much better now than before. Not too sure if I'll be hard-core stretching anymore.

I want to relax my hair today. I opened the box and everything. I know I should wait 3 days after washing but it's been less than that...guess I should wait...

Yes please wait. You don't want your scalp to be :burning: :mwahahafire:

i guess i will cowash my hair tonight. it is Wed right? i will still be on schedule. i guess i will wear a twistout for Mother's Day. i am going to trim my hair tonight too.

shortdub78 how long does co-washing usually take you? I hate doing my hair on a worknight, but it seemed like the other night I got done washing and styling (chunky twists) within 2-3 hrs. do you just style into a puff? TIA

Almost forgot to take my vitamins yesterday. I need an instant reminder that will alert me as to when to take them. :look:

-At salon, got a TU, hope it's straight.
-Regret not asking to be turned to mirror when she was dusting
-And tell me why I forgot to check the floor to see how much trimmed hair was down there
-Dryer is hot as heck. Why do I torture self.

Sent from my DROIDX

My hair idol in real life (she's also one of my besties) is heat trained natural, around BSL length and thick, even length all over. I wonder if she thinks I'm weird because I compliment her hair all the time :giggle:

Always feel weird when it is time to pay for salon services. I feel like the stylist thinks I don't tip enough especially since I am a TU visit only. Do you tip? If so, is it % or flat rate tip?

Sent from my DROIDX

So basically the mail lady is going to come super late today since she has my Oyin and Bobeam packages. Alright, mah ninja. :rolleyes:

Always feel weird when it is time to pay for salon services. I feel like the stylist thinks I don't tip enough especially since I am a TU visit only. Do you tip? If so, is it % or flat rate tip?

Sent from my DROIDX

12% usually, 15%-18% around the holidays if I go.

Back