Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

I've come to the conclusion that
I am a lazy natural. I put in a style leave it in for a month or 2.
I spray some aloe vera juice mixed with an oil blend...
and whelp that's it:ohwell:
But it has sure helped me retain length.:yep:

Considering being a "straight natural" for a little while... Its just so easy. I think because I use so little products I can go two weeks without washing. Problem is I do get the scalp itches at about a week and a half.

And I'm afraid of heat damage. But so far so good with WestNDNbeauty's flat iron tutorial- best flat ironed hair I ever had- no reversion either (unless it gets wet). I'll just do checks on my hair during wash days.

Detangling, moisturizing (the tiniest amount of coconut oil), and styling is so much easier. Its nice to get a break sometimes from having to detangle in sections with damp hair etc.

I'm starting to feel that I have no depth outside of my hair, which seems to be an interest item for everyone around me. I don't even bring up hair, it's the other folk talking that mentions it. I'm kinda tired of people asking me about hair stuff (products, techniques, etc) IRL because now that I know about hair, it's not as simple as run get this or that product...and truthfully, that's all they want...a quickie fix/answer. They don't want to hear the full run-down of how to select products but be mad at you for leading them down the wrong path if you simply blurted out a suggestion. There are days when I just don't want to be hair bothered. I have other interest outside of hair (although it may not seem like it). I really, really do.

OT: More and more often now, when I read certain threads and responses, I often wonder if some of us are just that straight up rude in real life. I've been around the block enough to know the difference between being direct and being rude. We're all entitled to our opinions but there is a way to communicate information to others without insulting, IMHO. Maybe that's the supervisor, business exec, college instructor coming out in me.*shrug*

Okay, so back to the discussions at hand.

Need a bit more slip in my life to help with detangling. Gonna try Say Yes to Carrots and Suave Naturals Almond and Shea Butter conditioners. If all else, will default back to Aussie Moist.

Today I feel good about my hair. It's soft, it's shiny and it has "that swang". Even the edges are looking a little thicker. Let's see how long this feeling lasts.

Did a twistout with ecostyler gel and it had great definition and lasted all day! :grin:

Buuuuuttttt....... It was really shrunken and showed no length. But was still pretty. I just twisted it again for the night with just a little bit of Qhemets AOHC. Just a dime size amount. Can't wait to see what it looks like tomorrow. Gonna wash it tomorrow I guess. I have the itchies bad.

Here lately, I've been noticing people only considering type 4 hair the representative of black hair. But where does that leave the blacks that don't fit into that mold(type 4 hair, broad features, and dark skin)? I wish people weren't so divisive.

hair felt really good today and i loved my little funky chunky twistout. i wonder if i should twist it up again tonight or just stretch it with my hair bands. i bought some Creme of Nature Chamomile and Comfrey conditioner. i wonder how this will work for cowashing?

These folks on this Elgin Charles show are so unprofessional I'm getting agitated just sitting here watching it.

I love hair but all the pre-pooing,dcing overnight and only washing every 2 weeks,water and glycerin mix with peppermint just dont seem to encourage growth.I hope I lose mu weight soon so I wont feel so self conscious about wearing my hair out..I feel like a boy when I wear it out on the weekends.

OMGosh! My hair :love2: the ayurvedic powders. I take one heaping tablespoon of: hibiscus, alma, cassia obovata, and Godrej Nupur Henna Mendahi 9 Herb Blend, and make a paste. I apply it to freshly washed hair (ORS Clarifying Aloe Shampoo). Apply a walmart bag for about half hour. Rinse with some VO5. Then I take one teaspoon of HOT 6 oil, and do a SHOT (Steaming Hot Oil Treatment). You talk about :lick: hair I am air drying, and will fllat iron in a bit. I will doing this either once a week, or at least once every two weeks. I am gonna need Ayur Natural Beauty to have another sale, so I can stock up on my powders. :yep:

I need to do mini twist soon. It's going to be to hot do to my hair. I think I'll be washing & conditioning if my hair doesn't look and feel the way I want it. Ugh... So much hatred right now.

Am I thie only one that thinks Creme of nature argan oil conditioner smells like mens cologne. While I like the smell of mens cologne just not on my hair. I rinse that crap out with the quickness and wound up washing my hair two days later.

MY DD said my hair smelled like Purell.

I went on their facebook page and said they need to change the scent, they quickly deleted it LOL

Am I thie only one that thinks Creme of nature argan oil conditioner smells like mens cologne. While I like the smell of mens cologne just not on my hair. I rinse that crap out with the quickness and wound up washing my hair two days later.

MY DD said my hair smelled like Purell.

I went on their facebook page and said they need to change the scent, they quickly deleted it LOL

It doesn't smell good and it's a poor excuse for a deep conditioner :yep:

Silk elements mega cholesterol is a mega FAILure. Back to Sallys it will go along with the other things I purchased.

I am glad I read the TJ Maxx/marshalls thread, if not I would not have known I can return things without a receipt. I was so glad to be able to return a flatiron I purchased. I only got store credit but its all right, there are other things I need from there.

When I was relaxed my hair got thinner as it got longer. Now that I'm natural its getting thicker as it gets longer. love it!

I did my hair for my business photo shoot......and it came out lovely!!!!! That twist and curl was the best yet!!!!! I can't wait to see the photos.....

Flat ironed hair sure does show imperfections. I have short pieces that appear like little fly aways everywhere. WITW?!?! Is that breakage? :look:

I saw a young lady in the bodega with the most terrible looking hair I have seen in a LONG time. It was gelled straight down to her head and the back was pinned down with doobie pins so her scalp would not show. As I got a closer look she a few tracks glued in. It was quite a sight and it saddend me. She was with her brother and his little mohawk was so linty. He had clearly been crying based on the dried tears on his face. She had on clothes that were clearly old. She did the best she could to put on a brave front. She knocked the crap out of him for simply asking if that was his sandwich on the counter and he walked away crying and he said "you're starting to act like Grandma." I though immediately they must be in foster care (before you question yes I know what they can look like when neglected)

This was the first time I wanted to help with a total strangers hair.

I saw a young lady in the bodega with the most terrible looking hair I have seen in a LONG time. It was gelled straight down to her head and the back was pinned down with doobie pins so her scalp would not show. As I got a closer look she a few tracks glued in. It was quite a sight and it saddend me. She was with her brother and his little mohawk was so linty. He had clearly been crying based on the dried tears on his face. She had on clothes that were clearly old. She did the best she could to put on a brave front. She knocked the crap out of him for simply asking if that was his sandwich on the counter and he walked away crying and he said "you're starting to act like Grandma." I though immediately they must be in foster care (before you question yes I know what they can look like when neglected)

This was the first time I wanted to help with a total strangers hair.

So sad. My heart hurts just reading this.

Trim day today. Not sure if I'm going to do a real trim, split ender, or a lil of both. Most likely both.

I have a SERIOUS case of Hand in Hair Disease. I do it so much now that I'm annoying myself with it. Ever since I've BC'd my hand has been in my hair. Its almost as bad as thumbsucking. I do it to calm my nerves. I do it when I get excited. I do it to fall asleep. I do it when I get bored. I'm doing it RIGHT NOW!!! I think I may start doing the box weave thing that I use to do when I was younger. You know the ones that you put on a keychain. Just to keep my hands busy and OUT. OF. MY. HAIR. **slaps own hand out of hair**

If I see one more person whining about how a certain topic's been brought up too many times I'm gonna scream! It's a hair forum, I haven't seen a brand new topic on here since I joined!! If u are one of these whiners please be creative and start that brand new topic u been for hurtin' for or SHUT UP and leave! (And I mean this in the nicest possible way :grin:)

Silk elements mega cholesterol is a mega FAILure. Back to Sallys it will go along with the other things I purchased.

I am glad I read the TJ Maxx/marshalls thread, if not I would not have known I can return things without a receipt. I was so glad to be able to return a flatiron I purchased. I only got store credit but its all right, there are other things I need from there.

At the bold: That stuff doesn't even BEGIN to compare to the Silk Elements Mega Silk Moisturizing Treatment, it's much more moisturizing/more expensive. You should give it a try.:grin:

I tried the argan oil on naked hair after a wash.... I think I like it..its very light..

I think I'm beginning to appreciate light moisturisers.. very different from the heavy products I loved the other times I cared for my natural hair..

I finally jumped on the Ayurveda bandwagon :grin: Picked up some Amla and Vatika Oil. Also got some Brahmi powder to mix with water and apply the paste as a pre-poo. The guy wanted to charge me $23...yeah right...I worked my magic and got it all for $15.

Back