Question for the married folk....single ladies opinions are welcomed too

Should women who are being abuse keep things to themselves?

Dh and I promise each other early on that the going ons of our relationship stays between us.

Absolutely not. :nono:

No one should suffer in silence. If your relationship has become dangerous to your physical and mental well being, then by all means, get all of the people that love you involved.

Never hand and never will. I've shared more about my marriage to friends (mostly as a cautionary tale) than my own family. And this was long after the divorce. I've always been private and don't feel its their business unless they were willing to open up and help when things go rough.

If I were to remarry, it will be the same thing, even more so now since I'm much older.

Should women who are being abuse keep things to themselves?

Dh and I promise each other early on that the going ons of our relationship stays between us.

Never ever! Because an abuser feels more powerful when a victim (the wife) keeps the secret to herself. It's the same way a predator would tell a kid to keep the molestation a secret.

The woman should leave and the abuser should seek psychological help.

I'm engaged. I don't discuss the details of my relationship with family or friends. General details(we went here, we did this or that, etc), sure, but anything personal or intimate? Absolutely never.

We are both adamant about keeping our relationship private and protected from outsiders.

If we absolutely needed a third party's input we would rather do professional counseling. Running to your girlfriends or your mama is a recipe for disaster.

I'm the same way. I keep our issues to myself. It just causes issues with family.

Sent from my iPhone 10 using LHCF

Back