• I am natural, do not PS but my retention is fine

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • I am relaxed, do not PS and my retention could be better

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • I am natural, do not PS and my retention coud be better

Votes: 6 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi HairPleezeGrow I will admit that I did not begin to see retention until i started PSing. I make my own wigs and PS about 90% of the time...my hair is now slightly below APL.

closertomydreams that is some awesome growth! so do you PS or wear your hair in low manipulation styles?

Thank you. I'm sorry I missed your post. I do low manipulation styles like buns, braid outs and updos. These styles have made a difference in my retention.

I hope I can retain without wigs. I am not into them at all. LOL. *SIGH*

Neither am I. Some wigs look great on other people, but they look extra busted on me. I protective and low-manipulation style, and I have been retaining. If I followed one of the wig regimens, I would probably have longer hair; however, I enjoy my hair in other styles and will continue to wear them while I creep toward my goals.

Good question! I want to know too bc I do PS often but not constantly and I think I want try to PS for a year to keep my hands out of my hair. Also those who do PS all the time how do you DC and things like that if you are keeping your hair up for 2-4 months at a time? The longest I've kept a sew in was a month! TIA

I have protective style for up to a year. Getting weaves every two to three months helped me retain and repair damaged hair.

To deep condition I dilute my conditioner in water, apply it usin an applicator bottle, put on a plastic cap and sit under the dryer---same as when I have my hair out. Works just fine ;)

havilland said:
I have protective style for up to a year. Getting weaves every two to three months helped me retain and repair damaged hair.

To deep condition I dilute my conditioner in water, apply it usin an applicator bottle, put on a plastic cap and sit under the dryer---same as when I have my hair out. Works just fine ;)

Thanks that sounds really simple I have to try that. I never thought of that great tip!

I PS close to 100% of the time and my retention is very good. I wear styles that I like so it doesn't seem like a chore.

Sent from my HTC Evo

I only PS at night, when I go to bed. Maybe on days when I'm in the house all day, I don't bother taking off my Buff. Other than that, my hair is out in a WnG 100% of the time. I've been getting the same retention as when I was PS'ing 90% of the time during the winter...maybe more, cause I was looking at my ends last night and they're looking really healthy.

I am currently reverting back to weave (to hubbys dismay :lol:), and even though i don't like the "feel" of weave, It is one of the only things that help me retain. I have been wearing two-strand twists (without weave) for over a year, and i feel like its going nowhere, BUT before my HHJ my hair was growing and thick (it was dryer though), and thats when ALL i wore was weave braids, i barely washed (like once a month), i NEVER deep conditioned, and i used mineral oil filled braid sheen :blush:...so now that i know about caring for my hair, im sure i will be able to get over this hurdle....protective styling is a MUST for me....so me and my weave baby daddy have re-united and it feels so good :lol::lol:

I'm texlaxed. I have been WnG's all summer long.

I make sure my ends are WELL moisturized and I have still saw growth.

My hair is a little pass BSL.

Now that the weather is changing, I will be back in buns and updos.

I think hiding your hair (after taking care of your ends) will almost guarantee retention.

Back