Products you use.......that staaank?

Dposh167

i washed my hair last nite with aveda smooth infusion conditioner. i was gagging in the shower every time i poured some in my hands. Now i love the results of aveda but lemme just say....it will be the last product line i would want in my hair if im laying next to a guy. one wiff of my hair and he'll think i wash hair in swamp water. (not all aveda prods. are that bad). but of course the scent is not enuff for me to put down aveda........SOOOOO......what products do u continue to use....but hate the smell of?.....it doesnt necessarily have to be gag worthy..but the fragrance just doesnt tickle ur fancy?

Last edited:
to add.......AVEDA universal styling cream (great product tho)......AUSSIE moist conditioner (it doesnt stink...i just hate that perfume-y scent)

I'd have to say WGHO! I stopped using it for a while and ran across it again recently and wondered should I throw it out. So instead of throwing it out, I added a few drops of peppermint oil and it smells mucho better.

i used the aphogee treatment for the first time it smells bad but it does work it stopped my breakages thankfully i only need to use every six wks

AOWC smells terrible to me, but I use it for my DC sometimes.

I did have to get rid of coconut oil because I suddenly couldn't stand the smell anymore.

Alter ego garlic conditioner - WAY too perfumey, i think it makes me smell like old lady perfume. I actually DONT think i will repurchase. i hate all the 'spa smells' - like aveda, aubrey, and MOST EVERY natural product thats good for your hair. I'm getting used to it b/c i love the results but i much rather smell sweet and girlie like the cheapie conditioners. Some scents that others dont like, but that I LOVE, are the scented curly pudding (smells like grape bubblegum) and the ojon pre-treatment (smells like coffee).

I hate the sulu max gro oil, smelled so bad, I dumped it - both bottles.

Aphogee 2 step treatment is GOSH AWEFUL as well but it works wonders so I use once every 3 months now or so.

WEN fig cleansing conditioner smells wired to me also but again does wonders for hair.

Henna - Whew!!! Man that smells AWEFUL!!! Wow but it makes my hair so incredibly strong. I will be re-purchasing it because of how good it is to my hair.

I think that's it for me for now.

salerm wheat germ mask smells baaaad. Kinda sour smelling... and looks like green glob....but its an excellent dc.

Elasta QP mango butter, ORS olive oil lotion. I like the way my hair feels with these products but I hate the powerful smell. gross.

Last edited:
Neem oil, digusting smelling stuff! :barf:

I bought 16 oz of the stuff from FNWL :nuts:.

It does seem to do something lovely to my hair though. I used it last winter. Now that it's getting cold again... :look:.

ETA: I also don't like the way Aubrey Organics Island Natural Conditioner smells. I didn't realize until I'd bought 4 bottles of the stuff. They are all finished now, I won't be reordering. I'll stick with GPB and HSR.

Last edited:
ETA: I also don't like the way Aubrey Organics Island Natural Conditioner smells. I didn't realize until I'd bought 4 bottles of the stuff. They are all finished now, I won't be reordering. I'll stick with GPB and HSR.

yea island natural stinks. I gave it 3 chances then threw it away for the sake of my nostrils....i really didnt expect that scent since hsr is so pleasant smelling

Neem oil, digusting smelling stuff! :barf:

I bought 16 oz of the stuff from FNWL :nuts:.

It does seem to do something lovely to my hair though. I used it last winter. Now that it's getting cold again... :look:.

Co-signing on the Neem. Man, I opened that bottle (and mine is small, bout 4 oz) and I almost passed out. There was no way I was putting it on my scalp straight. I added some jojoba, shikakai, peppermint, tea trea oil, EVOO, just for it to smell decent:ohwell:

when I used to use Dr Miracle, the products smells were sooo nasty! I have limited myself to just using the Relaxed Hair Potion 5.

salerm wheat germ mask smells baaaad. Kinda sour smelling... and looks like green glob....but its an excellent dc.

I agree with this post. It really does look yucky but works well.

DUBAR ALMA OIL STINKS... my boyfriend said it gives him a stomach ache!:lachen:
Babur amla oil does smell bad but I found one from www.garrysun.com that doesn't smell bad to me. It smells nothing like Dabur amla oil and it doesn't have any mineral oils in it either.

I think Vatika Oil smells weird.
I found that Vatika oil smells like virgin coconut oil when it's fresh but dang it stanks all the way to the sky when it's old. Arrggghhh!!!

Believe it or not, the Aphogee 2 step use to smell WAY worse back in the day (late 80's to early 90's). I smell it now and I'm like, wow, they have REALLY improved on the smell!:lachen:

Oooo weeeee! Quit playin!:nono: I can't even imagine what it smelled like before. That is some smelly stuff...I gag EVERY TIME I put it on, sit under the dryer...anytime I get a whiff of it!:nono:

Excelsior Proactiv Activated Protein Treatment

I love this product, but it smells bad. The smells go away after it is rinsed though.

Nyle Herbal Oil, arguably Vatika Oil, and my mom used some of my CON green and she thinks it stinks like chemicals, lol.

Back