Products you use.......that staaank?

I dont like the smell of Olive Oil. It reminds me of getting prayed for in church and the smell of that oil oozing down my face. Ewww.

I can't believe nobody said ACV..

I can deal with vatika, aphogee 2 step, WGHO, CHI SI, but ACV....

Hell no, it smells like sour feet, I don't care how much you dilute it, and don't let a little bit accidentally get in your mouth.....:nono:

I. KNOW.
I used to use white vinegar for my rinses, and that was okay, so I said to myself, let me start using ACV instead....:nono:.
I started pouring the solution onto my hair, thinking everything was all good. But a few seconds later, I had to throw that ish into the tub and crawl out the bathroom because I was gagging so hard. Sour feet is a perfect description.
I'm better acclimated to it now, but that stuff STINKS.

i love most of these things :lol:

surprised about dabur amla oil! i LOVE to use it on my hair. it smells so clean and fresh.

I'm surprised about the Amla Oil complaints too...I wouldn't say it smells clean and fresh, but it doesn't stink to me. It smells...herbally. Like, earthy. Not a good smell, but not bad at all.

Only amla oil, and I will never use it again. Shikakai oil, I didn't like, but I could tolerate it.
Everything else I've used smells like nothing or smells absolutley delish!

I gotta agree about the Aphogee Two Step-- goodness gracious, smelt like butt IMO.
Color Oops smells so nasty too...I got some of the liquid stuck under the crevices of my cell (I shouldnt have been talking but hey) and now everytime I put the phone to my ear...:nono: I hope no one needs to use my cell anytime soon.

the Parachute coconut oil in the blue bottle.

Wooo! Talk about Stank-a-dank! I literally threw the bottle out - so I can't say I still use it.

I honestly can't use products that stink. One time I used this natural gel some lady sold from her house...and it was sooo perfumy that I couldn't go to sleep!

sorry to say, but I just have to find better smelling alternatives, even if the stank product is slightly better.

Morrocan Oil Hydrating Mask....EXTREMELY strong scent...it's horrible how strong it is. It's perfect for pre-pooing, which is what I use it for, but pre-pooing products shouldn't be that expensive...

Neem & Amla oil. 'Nuff said.
Garlic.

I can't think of anymore at the moment.

wheat germ oil
castor oil
pure amla oil
black seed oil
carrot seed oil
pure argan oil
Aubrey's White Camellia Con
Aubrey's Blue Green Algae Mask

I stopped using Chi Silk Infusion because of the cheap cologne scent (and it made my hair reallydry)

I forgot about castor oil. I don't care how wonderful it is...it stanks. I get over myself and use it from time to time, but then I get a whiff and I have to shelve it again for a bit.

Aphogee. The hardening one.
OMG Amla oil. I know someone who uses it and when I walk into her house I swear she's all the way in the bedroom and I can smell it from the door. It smells like pee to me. I come in thinking she didn't change her daughter's diaper but no, she's got Amla in her hair.

Last edited:
Aphogee. The hardening one.
OMG Amla oil. I know someone who uses it and when I walk into her house I swear she's all the way in the bedroom and I can smell it from the door. It smells like pee to me. I come in thinking she didn't change her daughter's diaper but no, she's got Amla in her hair.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

AO white camellia

mizani moisturefuse is too heavily perfumed but it is actually a REALLY good product, it doesn't disappoint...

i hate hate hate the smell of organic unrefined shea butter but i will be putting some in my hair tomorrow morning
-dont like AO Honey Suckle rose hate that old people flowery scent would never get it again if it wasnt for the fact it is great on my ends

dont like chi silk infusion smells like men cologne i dont wanna smell like a man thats why i sniff them for lmao

Silk Elements Mega Cholesterol Conditioning Treatment... It doesn't smell bad on wet hair, but the moment it dries on a towel..OHHH god, I have to make sure I plan laundry day on the same day or the day after or hide the towel. :barf:

Chi Silk infusion not so bad, the Keratin mist smells like a burnt version of it tho
Aphogee two min smells like alcohol and an old birth day cake.

Hair One Tea tree doesn't smell to hot either.. smells like vicks ..

Someone should make a thread about what products smell good :grin:

Back