Products you use.......that staaank?

Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter. At first I put a little on my hair last night, and just a little on my hair this morning. To me the smell is so strong. My head is spinning at work. :spinning:

fluffy: that was a funny story. LOLOL im mad u were lookin around for a dead animal!....i can just picture this...bwahahahahaha......and then putting on 5 bandanas when u found out Hahahahahahahha....im holding my laugh cuz im at work but good lawd thats funny

:nono: :lachen: I was so scared didnt know what was going on...had to been the worst night of my life...And I just layed in one spot on the bed because I didint want the smell to go anywhere else.
Ugh. :nono: :nono: lol

I hate the smell of the Mizani line. Hate it. My sister uses it. ORS carrot oil stinks, too, and I don't use it anymore. I really can't use a product that smells bad, no matter how well it works. I cant.

ETA: Oh, and the smell of Elasta QP Mango Butter can be quite annoying at times. Very strong.

I love the smell of Chi Silk Infusion and MTG did not bother me at all.

The one I love to use but smells horrible to me is Mahabringraj oil. I can not stand the smell of this stuff, I only put it on at night and co-wash in the mornings.

Well I am glad I am not the only one. I like it too.

I love the smell of Chi Silk Infusion and MTG did not bother me at all.

The one I love to use but smells horrible to me is Mahabringraj oil. I can not stand the smell of this stuff, I only put it on at night and co-wash in the mornings.

I hate the smell of the Mizani line. Hate it. My sister uses it. ORS carrot oil stinks, too, and I don't use it anymore. I really can't use a product that smells bad, no matter how well it works. I cant.

ETA: Oh, and the smell of Elasta QP Mango Butter can be quite annoying at times. Very strong.

I know that's right. I remember that being the main reason that I did not buy it..(B4 my LHCF days)...

what is carrot oil supposed to do for your hair anyway?
Off to do some research.....

I refuse to use any product that stinks...I don't care if it makes my hair grow like Rapunzel, I'm not using it if it is offensive :look:

Cholesterol, all kinds. They make my hair hard, stiff with no slip. Every time I've tried it, I ended up having to re-wash and condition.

S-Curl stinks. I don't like walking around smelling like Jherri Curl juice. That's why I'm going to make my own water/glycerine mix with a nice smelling fragrance.

oh, i also didnt like kinky curly curling custard - it was nauseating, no matter in which way i used it. but i gave it to my step daughter and she likes the smell - go figure....

Neem Oil. OMG. It was so bad I was hallucinating that I could still smell it for hours after I rinsed it out. It was literally making me GAG. I meant to leave it on longer but I had to run jump in the shower at get it OUT. :barf:

It did leave my scalp flake free and my hair shiny though....

Amla Oil,Neem Soap Bar,Bentonite Clay & BB Growth Lotion. But ,Amla,Neem & Bentonite Work Wonders For Face & Hair. BB Lotion Works Great On Hair. Happy Hair Growing!

i love most of these things :lol:

surprised about dabur amla oil! i LOVE to use it on my hair. it smells so clean and fresh.

I can't believe nobody said ACV..

I can deal with vatika, aphogee 2 step, WGHO, CHI SI, but ACV....

Hell no, it smells like sour feet, I don't care how much you dilute it, and don't let a little bit accidentally get in your mouth.....:nono:

afroveda rice bran oil. i stopped using this because the smell made me sick. it smells like a dead dog is laying next to a dead cow that ate a dead pig before it died.

I took my sister into the Aveda store and she said"Eew.It stinks in here.It smells like your hair smells,":lachen::lachen:

Last edited:
I can't stand smell of Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose. It's too...thickly perfumey? It bothers me, to the point where the effects aren't enough for me to finish my bottle. :( Maybe I'll try it as a rinse out and see if that helps.

ETA: Did they change the scent? I've used this for years and don't remember being bothered to this extent before now.

Last edited:
Back