Plans after achieving your goal?

Peachtree

Just curious, what are your plans after achieving your "ultimate (length & health)" hair goal?

For instance, those who wear "protective styles" the majority of the time, are u planning to wear your hair "down" more, to fully enjoy your length & hard work? Like wear styles u used to dream of wearing? Or keep sporting "protective styles" to maintain the length? Some time ago (last summer) I've read where some "naturals" are thinking of "relaxing" after achieving their "length" goals (that may have been another board
confused.gif
). Are u planning to keep your hair trimmed at your goal length or let it grow longer? Just some questions to think about
scratchchin.gif

Personally, once I reach waist length, I plan to keep it trimmed at waist length for a while. I'm thinking of growing to "tail bone", but first I'll have to see how well I can adjust to waist length
smile.gif

I'm just curious to know what other members are plannng to do with all of this long healthy hair?
wink.gif

I remember that my goal was waist lenght last year, I wanted to reach and stay at waist lenght, but when I achieved it, I decided to change the goal into tailbone! Now I can't wait to achieve it. Knowing me, I will keep on growing and growing, and trim to keep a neat look to my ends. I am curous to see where my hair stops growing! But I really think that tailbone will be enought. I will keep on wearing my "bun" because I am obsessed with keeping my ends split-less, I am more comfortable that way(no hair getting caught in my car seat, chairs etc), I will wear it down rarely like usual.
I need about 4 inches to achieve my goal.
Sincerely
zanna

See Zanna, I think that I'm gonna want more also. I figure If i can adjust to waist length, then I can adjust to a few more inches (tail bone).

Let's not even go there...(hair caught in seat belts, etc). Mine once blew out of my car window on the highway. (I know, silly me). I scrolled the window up not realizing the hair was stuck in the window... well, I looked quickly over my right shoulder to change lanes, & can u say "whip lash" (sp??)
laugh.gif
. I still have nightmares about that... This waist length will definitely take some "adjusting" that I can't even begin to imagine.... I'll probably just wear more buns to... it's easier to handle that way
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Let's not even go there...(hair caught in seat belts, etc). Mine once blew out of my car window on the highway. (I know, silly me). I scrolled the window up not realizing the hair was stuck in the window... well, I looked quickly over my right shoulder to change lanes, & can u say "whip lash" (sp??) . I still have nightmares about that...

[/ QUOTE ]
I feel you on that! I have to say that I really like the feeling of my hair on my back and waist when it's loose, but I am also afraid of accidents like that (hair caught in a door or window, and pulled by accident, ect
whyme.gif
) I feel safer with a bun, I don't have to be extra careful
grin.gif
!
Zanna

well when i reach my hair goal i know im gonna be swinging it in the breeze. I am fast approaching my goal of bra strp and I will continue to wear my hair in protective styles until ALL of my hair is one length than I am gonna get layers and wear my hair down all the time. I am currently in the process of trying to figure out ways to minimize damge due to blowdrying and other styling stuff so I think I am gonna invest in a good ion dryer and a ceramic iron and Iam experimenting with heat protectants.

i wnat my hair to my bra strap at least. after i get there i just want to enjoy the verastility of long hair. i won't perm( most likely) and i'll probably rock afro puffs and braids. i got a little diva in me, and love color and curls and all that, but i think i'll just get weaves for that.

[ QUOTE ]
well when i reach my hair goal i know im gonna be swinging it in the breeze. I am fast approaching my goal of bra strp and I will continue to wear my hair in protective styles until ALL of my hair is one length than I am gonna get layers and wear my hair down all the time. I am currently in the process of trying to figure out ways to minimize damge due to blowdrying and other styling stuff so I think I am gonna invest in a good ion dryer and a ceramic iron and Iam experimenting with heat protectants.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice pic of your hubby. maybe you 2, me and tyrese should get together. i always say that happily married couples should hang out together
laugh.gif

After I reach my goal of end of bra strap I think that will be it for awhile for me (as far as length goes)...After that, I just want it to continue to get thicker...so I will keep trimming it to keep it at that length and get rid of these DARNED layers..they sure are cute in the beginning..but very quickly become a pain in the butt!

Once I reach my goal (just shoulder length that's all) I MAY just let it grow about an inch longer then cut it. I've been doing light trims, but I would like to cut more to keep it looking neater and the back more even. (I hope this makes sense to you all). I just plan to keep it cut at shoulder length and maintain the health. I'll wear it down more than I do now, but I'll still wear my protective styles because as I get more new growth I find myself having to manipulate my hair more and the protective styles really help. And as you all know your ends are protected more with protective styles.

2-3 more inches to go, then I can do this...
clap.gif

Happy hair growing ladies!
smile.gif

I know this probably is not what is expected...but I plan on going back to just above shoulder length and maintain that length...no layers....thick even ends all the time(because I'll have to keep getting trims to maintain the length). I plan on growing out my bangs. When I was at this length last year I had the cutest little 'flip' and it looked good on me(made me look younger also)...

My goal is to acheive the bottom of bra strap and stay there. I'll probably still be wearing my hair in the same ways: afro-puff/pony tail, twist outs, and pressed once in a while.

I do have a quick question, though. Will we have to stay on these vitamins forever in order to maintain our length? I can't take it! If we could just stick with a multi and MSM or something, I'd be a happy camper.

You know what sweetcocoa? I've also thought of doing that because I really do like my collarbone length now and I also wear a flip quite often.(I call it my signature flip because I was wearing it before it became popular) This style looks best on me too and I don't think I'll be able to wear it if my hair gets much longer. I plan to keep my layers though. I'm gonna see what happens though when I reach my shoulder length goal. I think my length would look better if my ends were a little thicker too.

miss brown...I don't think so as long as you maintain a healthy diet. My hair was doing fine even before I started taking vitamins. I only started because a few months ago I was under a lot of stress and I didn't want it to affect my hair or my health. I can't really say if my vitamins have helped my hair all that much either. Then again, I don't take the recommended dosage. I do know they've helped my nails a lot! btw...I take GNC Women's Ultra Mega multivitamin and the Ultra nourishair. I may start taking the recommended dosage for the nourishair and see if I see a real difference in my hair.

After i reach mid back (2-3 inches below bra strap), I want it cut in layers, the shortest being the front at shoulder length.

After I reach my goal "Thick shoulder length", I will just cut if all off and start over again.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
(NOT ON YOUR LIFE)
naughty.gif
But seriously, I will continue to care for my hair and wear it up in a ponytail. And when I want to show off, I will let my hair down on special occassions. Any length beyond shoulder length will definitely be gravy. I will continue my supplements..etc. I'm not a believer in perms.
My crowning glory can never grow too long
bdance.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Once I reach my goal (just shoulder length that's all) I MAY just let it grow about an inch longer then cut it. I've been doing light trims, but I would like to cut more to keep it looking neater and the back more even. (I hope this makes sense to you all). I just plan to keep it cut at shoulder length and maintain the health. I'll wear it down more than I do now, but I'll still wear my protective styles because as I get more new growth I find myself having to manipulate my hair more and the protective styles really help. And as you all know your ends are protected more with protective styles.

2-3 more inches to go, then I can do this...
clap.gif

Happy hair growing ladies!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

2-3 inches to reach your goal... that's wonderful
smile.gif
. U should have that in no time
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
well when i reach my hair goal i know im gonna be swinging it in the breeze....

[/ QUOTE ]

sekret.gif
Me too
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
well when i reach my hair goal i know im gonna be swinging it in the breeze....

[/ QUOTE ]

sekret.gif
Me too
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Count me in too
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I know this probably is not what is expected...but I plan on going back to just above shoulder length and maintain that length...no layers....thick even ends all the time(because I'll have to keep getting trims to maintain the length). I plan on growing out my bangs. When I was at this length last year I had the cutest little 'flip' and it looked good on me(made me look younger also)...

[/ QUOTE ]

shocked.gif
shocked.gif
...No way!!! After all of your hard work & money spent on products Sweetcocoa, you're going back to shoulder length? Wow! Just surprised, that's all.

[ QUOTE ]
I would like to find out from you ladies, what is protective styles?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Lovly,
wave.gif

Everyone may have their own definition of protective styles... here's my sorta lengthy description.

PS are those that "keeps my hair out harm's way". It includes keeping my ends "tucked" from the drying elements in the air, and or keeping my "length" pinned close to my scalp which keeps my hair from getting "caught" in my purse strap, handles of my book bag, diaper bag, or blown out of the car window, or simply from moving across my clothes to minimize breakage. Also, I like to include those styles that promotes added moisture (air drying styles) & or finger combing, such as braid / twist outs.

The most popular ones are buns, french rolls, braid / twist outs (u can put these in a bun for additional protection
smile.gif
), & bantu knots. Members who wear braids (micros, cornrows, etc) & or weaves may consider these protective styles also... but I've never worn them so I can't rightfully comment.

Oh, I can't forget Adrienne's "phonytail / baggie method"
grin.gif
!

Ladies, please add to this if needed
smile.gif

I plan on wearing my hair in more curlier styles (twist/braid-outs and BIG roller sets) and straight styles during the fall/winter months.
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I plan on wearing my hair in more curlier styles (twist/braid-outs and BIG roller sets) and straight styles during the fall/winter months.
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds nice
smile.gif

Great topic. After I reach shoulder length, I plan to keep it trimmed and try to grow it all out to one length and keep it healthy. Gaining a few inches beyond shoulder-length would be ideal, though. Then...I will continue to keep it in protecive styles, especially at work. It stays in a protective hairstlye, except for special occasions, and I plan on keeping it that way.

[ QUOTE ]
Great topic. After I reach shoulder length, I plan to keep it trimmed and try to grow it all out to one length and keep it healthy. Gaining a few inches beyond shoulder-length would be ideal, though. Then...I will continue to keep it in protecive styles, especially at work. It stays in a protective hairstlye, except for special occasions, and I plan on keeping it that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks ladies for enjoying my topic selection
grin.gif

Yeah, I think I will keep my in protective style too... especially those lil cutesy single french braids...I'll just jazz 'em up a bit
smile.gif
. BUT...BUT when I decide to wear it all down, the world betta' watch out
wink.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
!!!

wave.gif

Once I reach Waist Length, I will wear my hair out more, but in it's curly state and pressing every once in awhile. I would still continue to grow and wear protective styles, but not every day, like I do now.

-lee

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

shocked.gif
shocked.gif
...No way!!! After all of your hard work & money spent on products Sweetcocoa, you're going back to shoulder length? Wow! Just surprised, that's all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea...I miss my 'flip'..it was so cute
grin.gif

Back