PJ's who use online vendors....

If I recive the wrong item in my package....

• Total voters

clever

PJ's WHO SHOP ONLINE COME ON IN

If you order from an online vendor and get an incorrect item in your box,what do you expect the vendor to do to accomodate you?

POLL IS PUBLIC

eta: I just had a bad experience so I'm wondering what other PJ's feel the best cusomer service is for something that was the vendors fault.

Last edited:
Re: PJ's WHO SHOP ONLINE COME ON IN

I have high expectations of online vendors. I would expect (and have gotten) a swift apology and an equally swift mailout of the correct item. And to be able to keep the item they sent.

I think it's the job of the vendor to provide a service and if they make a mistake, I shouldn't have to go through the trouble of mailing back the incorrect item. I think if they do want you to mail it back that they should use a service like DHL(?), where they mail you the box, you put it outside your door, and the truck comes and gets it.

I have high expectations of online vendors. I would expect (and have gotten) a swift apology and an equally swift mailout of the correct item. And to be able to keep the item they sent.

I think it's the job of the vendor to provide a service and if they make a mistake, I shouldn't have to go through the trouble of mailing back the incorrect item. I think if they do want you to mail it back that they should use a service like DHL(?), where they mail you the box, you put it outside your door, and the truck comes and gets it.

:yep:
I fully agree with everything you typed.This company wanted me to pay shipping to have the item mailed back to them and then she tried to sell me the wrong item to me at a discount($10) I have never had this happen before.

I just read your post in the vendor review forum :nono:. She was on some mess.

ETA: forgot to answer the question. I didn't answer the poll because it really depends on how I want the situation handled however NONE of my options would be to pay for an item to be shipped back and the correct one sent, nor do I want a credit; I want what I ordered in the first place!! I've never had a problem with a vendor doing this to me. Most will let me keep the wrong item then send the correct one FOC. I've also had some send me a shipping label for the wrong item and send me the correct one before they even get the returned item back (they know me :look:). One place, because I use them so regularly, let me keep the wrong item, sent me the original on I ordered, AND credited the cost back to my account. Needless to say they're my fave!

Last edited:
I KNEW you would be in here!
I was thinking the same thing like how you gone try to hustle me this item that I don't even want?!!?She was also saying she had to have the shampoo back in her hands before she could ship the correct item out :rolleyes:I had to tell her a few tihngs...

I just read your post in the vendor review forum :nono:. She was on some mess.

ETA: forgot to answer the question. I didn't answer the poll because it really depends on how I want the situation handled however NONE of my options would be to pay for an item to be shipped back and the correct one sent, nor do I want a credit; I want what I ordered in the first place!! I've never had a problem with a vendor doing this to me. Most will let me keep the wrong item then send the correct one FOC. I've also had some send me a shipping label for the wrong item and send me the correct one before they even get the returned item back (they know me :look:). One place, because I use them so regularly, let me keep the wrong item, sent me the original on I ordered, AND credited the cost back to my account. Needless to say they're my fave!

Thats what I'm talkin bout:yep: Maybe this is a sign from the pink PJ skies above to stop product ho'ing..

I would expect them to ship out the correct product or the product that they forgot to put in the package. I would want to keep the incorrect product unless they want it back and if they want it back they have to send me the shipping label. I'm having this problem with beautyofnewyork right now. They rather just credit me than ship me the product. The second time they forgot an item (and it was a big one) they said it was out of stock and I bet they lied about that. They just didn't want to have to pay for shipping of the products they forgot.

I would expect them to ship out the correct product or the product that they forgot to put in the package. I would want to keep the incorrect product unless they want it back and if they want it back they have to send me the shipping label. I'm having this problem with beautyofnewyork right now. They rather just credit me than ship me the product. The second time they forgot an item (and it was a big one) they said it was out of stock and I bet they lied about that. They just didn't want to have to pay for shipping of the products they forgot.
I've never had this problem with them...I don't know, depending on what it was, I might not care as long as I got to keep the item received and dollar for dollar it was the same value. If the money is credited, it can just be re-ordered. That's a tough one and my mood would probably determine my response.

I KNEW you would be in here!
I was thinking the same thing like how you gone try to hustle me this item that I don't even want?!!?She was also saying she had to have the shampoo back in her hands before she could ship the correct item out :rolleyes:I had to tell her a few tihngs...

Thats what I'm talkin bout:yep: Maybe this is a sign from the pink PJ skies above to stop product ho'ing..
She act like all they had was 2 bottles of that damn poo in stock and the store is going out of business if they don't get it back right away! ********* :rolleyes:

I'm very funny-style about who I order from. I can't be lying down with every vendor for the sake of saving a few dollars :look:. Just stick w/the ones you've had good experience with and ignore the rest...

I just read the vendor review as well. Terrible customer service. When Honeyfig sent me a rattail instead of the detangler, they told me to keep it and sent me the right one free and very fast. I would keep going over their heads, until I got someone willing to do right. I know it's very inconvenient for you being in school and all. They need to work with you.

I think if they want their poo back, it would be more appropriate for them to send you a paid return label and let you return it at your earliest convenience, or within a time frame. That is just a mess, that you would be penalized for their mistake. I could see them wanting it returned in a certain amount of time and sealed, but they sound ridiculous.

They would never get my business again. I don't play when it come to my money:rolleyes: I ordered some CharginValley Soaps and they sent me a totally wrong order, when I called and told them about the mistake. Dude told to keep the stuff if I wanted and he sent the correct order.

The best scenario would be to keep the wrong item and have the vendor ship the correct one free of charge...but it depends on the situation.

When I ordered my Nutiva coconut oil it took so long to get here that I wrote the vendor who advised that they would immediately ship another order and if I happened to receive the first order to just refuse the second shipment and return to sender.
They apologized alothough my original shipment came the next day :grin:

Right!:lachen:
She actin like the whole warehouse gone stop if they don't get back one bottle of shampoo.If its that serious they need to learn how to read.I guess I just should have stuck with my faves instead of trying to be all adventurous.
She act like all they had was 2 bottles of that damn poo in stock and the store is going out of business if they don't get it back right away! ********* :rolleyes:

I'm very funny-style about who I order from. I can't be lying down with every vendor for the sake of saving a few dollars :look:. Just stick w/the ones you've had good experience with and ignore the rest...

yeah they won't have to worry about me again.
They would never get my business again. I don't play when it come to my money:rolleyes: I ordered some CharginValley Soaps and they sent me a totally wrong order, when I called and told them about the mistake. Dude told to keep the stuff if I wanted and he sent the correct order.

Exactly.After she told me it would need to be returned I was expecting her to say she would be sending out a label.She emailed me this morning:

Hello Elle,

We apologize again for our error and hope that you will enjoy your Paul Mitchell Treatment. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to accommodate you. Below is the tracking number for this package:
( )

Best regards,

--
Good Looking Discounts, Inc.
Customer Care
273 Walt Whitman Road
Suite 247
Huntington Station, NY 11746
United States
www.goodlookingdiscounts.com

I just read the vendor review as well. Terrible customer service. When Honeyfig sent me a rattail instead of the detangler, they told me to keep it and sent me the right one free and very fast. I would keep going over their heads, until I got someone willing to do right. I know it's very inconvenient for you being in school and all. They need to work with you.

I think if they want their poo back, it would be more appropriate for them to send you a paid return label and let you return it at your earliest convenience, or within a time frame. That is just a mess, that you would be penalized for their mistake. I could see them wanting it returned in a certain amount of time and sealed, but they sound ridiculous.

Oh yes I fully plan on enjoying the treatment as well as the complimentary shampoo.At this point I feel they should toss a lil somethin extra in the box..:lachen:

Off to to the vendor section...

I am adamant about good customer service. I will completely drop a company if I have a problem and they are not prompt in fixing it/appeasing me. I don't care if their product makes my hair grow overnight from SL to WL.

Big shout out to hair zing because I had a problem with my order (that was really not even their fault completely) and they got me my order and a complimentary hair zing.

I fully agree with everything you typed.This company wanted me to pay shipping to have the item mailed back to them and then she tried to sell me the wrong item to me at a discount($10) I have never had this happen before.

That's some bull...

Edit: I just read your vendor post, that is terrible! What got me is how she said she didn't believe you had no mailing facilities on your campus...I would be like, "So now you're calling me a liar?" Stuff like that gets me hot!

Last edited:
They have definitely been dropped.I could have my $65 in my pocket.I like the ways hair zing handled that.Thats good customer service.:yep:
Off to to the vendor section...

I am adamant about good customer service. I will completely drop a company if I have a problem and they are not prompt in fixing it/appeasing me. I don't care if their product makes my hair grow overnight from SL to WL.

Big shout out to hair zing because I had a problem with my order (that was really not even their fault completely) and they got me my order and a complimentary hair zing.

Exactly.After she told me it would need to be returned I was expecting her to say she would be sending out a label.She emailed me this morning:

Hello Elle,

We apologize again for our error and hope that you will enjoy your Paul Mitchell Treatment. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to accommodate you. Below is the tracking number for this package:
( )

:yep:good, maybe it had to get to the right person with decision making ability and some common sense. I looked at their policy and it seems like they wouldn't want the shampoo back anyway,so the person who you were dealing with sounded full of crap! Sorry you had to go through that. I know you don't have that kind of free time.

Right!Thats the part where I told her a few things that aren't LHCF appropriate to type :giggle:

I more or less told her she could be bring herself down here to check and pick up her shampoo while she was at it...:lachen:

That's some bull...

Edit: I just read your vendor post, that is terrible! What got me is how she said she didn't believe you had no mailing facilities on your campus...I would be like, "So now you're calling me a liar?" Stuff like that gets me hot!

I wouldnt order from them again. I'd expect them to pick up the incorrect item, and ship me the item I ordered at their cost.:yep:

I noticed she didn't want me to talk to anybody higher up so she kept putting me on hold so she could talk to them instead.She acted like she was personally offended.Maybe she packed the box.I was supposed to be studying for my exam not going back and forth with her.
:yep:good, maybe it had to get to the right person with decision making ability and some common sense. I looked at their policy and it seems like they wouldn't want the shampoo back anyway,so the person who you were dealing with sounded full of crap! Sorry you had to go through that. I know you don't have that kind of free time.

She sent me the tracking number so I'm hoping they get someone who knows how to read to pack it.This will be my last purchase with them.:spinning:
I wouldnt order from them again. I'd expect them to pick up the incorrect item, and ship me the item I ordered at their cost.:yep:

Hello Elle,

( )

Best regards,

--
Good Looking Discounts, Inc.

273 Walt Whitman Road
Suite 247
Huntington Station, NY 11746
United States
www.goodlookingdiscounts.com

I responded to your post in the vendor review thread...I'm glad that it is being resolved :yep:

I noticed she didn't want me to talk to anybody higher up so she kept putting me on hold so she could talk to them instead.She acted like she was personally offended.Maybe she packed the box.I was supposed to be studying for my exam not going back and forth with her.

sounds like a classic case of cya! :censored: her feelings this is business! I feel ya, on the exam part. I would have had to tell her about herself too:yep:.

I always think that an online company should make it right... in other words - whatever is ordered should come to you immediately... on them.

If that does not occur, a refund should be immediate.

I have pretty much stopped buying finished prducts on line....due to shipping costs.... and possible formulation changes that I am unaware of....

I still like Qhemet's Amla & Olive :lick: (LOVE ya QHEM!!!!:kiss:)- So that is about the extent of my purchases. I have to save for the shipping though...:rolleyes::lachen:

I expect to be able to keep the incorrect item and to receive the correct one immediately and free of charge.

Back