Pj Support Thread 2010 Pt.1

OMG I'm so sorry! You must be in so much pain.
I would say don't wash your hair. If you think it'll make you feel better then do it, but if you can hold off than wait till next week.

I hope you feel better!! :yep:

I went to ULTA today and bought a brand new CHI flatiron. Its hija de la gran puta red (somebody translate that) and its so sexy. I didn't buy anything else because my daughter was practically dragging me out of the store. I flatironed my hair but I didn't like the results. Oh and I believe I'm finally WSL, but why do I still feel bald?
Yay BM!!!!!! I can't wait to get there. If I have not made progress when I go get my trim next month, I am going to be so upset. I may throw the towel in :perplexed

Oh, did I ever tell you guys that company wants me to review their products? :yay: This is so exciting.

I may need to kick off my youtube with a product review.

Congrats!! Waiting for the yt launch:yep:

I went to ULTA today and bought a brand new CHI flatiron. Its hija de la gran puta red (somebody translate that) and its so sexy. I didn't buy anything else because my daughter was practically dragging me out of the store. I flatironed my hair but I didn't like the results. Oh and I believe I'm finally WSL, but why do I still feel bald?

Congrats BM!! That's such an achievement. I think this site makes you suffer from hair anorexia even when its down to the floor.:lachen:

I used my Jasmine's Shea Butter Rinse:lick:. I liked the consistency but I think I'll use it more for a leave-in then a cowash. Detangling was eaiser too and my hair is hard to detail when it comes out of twists. About to apply the Avocado Silk conditioner and follow up with the Detangler.

I used up my Joico Kpak that had separated (I accidentaly put it in storage this summer). I added some MT and Tea Tree Grapefruit to make it stretch and thicker.

Vonnie & MKD, I've taken about 20 pictures and until I'm satisfied that it looks and feels WSL I ain't claiming it LOL

BTW I also used the shea butter rinse as a leave-in and not a co-wash. I don't co-wash with any conditioner that doesn't cost less than $1!

I have Dudley's DRC 28. It's good, but I think of it as an emergency only condish. I can only imagine using it weekly-monthly for someone who uses high heat all year round, and even then I'd follow up with a pure moisture condish for 15+ minutes.
It's a very strong protein.

Congrats!! Waiting for the yt launch:yep:

Congrats BM!! That's such an achievement. I think this site makes you suffer from hair anorexia even when its down to the floor.:lachen:

I used my Jasmine's Shea Butter Rinse:lick:. I liked the consistency but I think I'll use it more for a leave-in then a cowash. Detangling was eaiser too and my hair is hard to detail when it comes out of twists. About to apply the Avocado Silk conditioner and follow up with the Detangler.

I used up my Joico Kpak that had separated (I accidentaly put it in storage this summer). I added some MT and Tea Tree Grapefruit to make it stretch and thicker.

Vonnie & MKD, I've taken about 20 pictures and until I'm satisfied that it looks and feels WSL I ain't claiming it LOL

BTW I also used the shea butter rinse as a leave-in and not a co-wash. I don't co-wash with any conditioner that doesn't cost less than $1!

Thanks for the review on the shea butter rinse Vonnie. I plan to use it as a leave in too.

OMG I'm so sorry! You must be in so much pain.
I would say don't wash your hair. If you think it'll make you feel better then do it, but if you can hold off than wait till next week.

I hope you feel better!! :yep:

Part of me wants to wash it but then I know that with my recent luck I could get even worse.

YAY for reaching WL:trampolin:yay:.

im so upset. yall know ive been at work forever right??? anyway i took my twists out on sunday and decided to rock a puff all week. well i forgot my comb so i cant detangle, i get in the hotel all kinds of crazy hours so im too tired to put my hair in braids or twists so its easier in the morning and my hair has been frozen and snowed on 2 days in a row. i really need to get home and deep condition and twists my hair for a week.
i hope when im finally able to detangle my hair doesnt just knot up. ontop of that im out of conditioner :(

im so upset. yall know ive been at work forever right??? anyway i took my twists out on sunday and decided to rock a puff all week. well i forgot my comb so i cant detangle, i get in the hotel all kinds of crazy hours so im too tired to put my hair in braids or twists so its easier in the morning and my hair has been frozen and snowed on 2 days in a row. i really need to get home and deep condition and twists my hair for a week.
i hope when im finally able to detangle my hair doesnt just knot up. ontop of that im out of conditioner :(

I'm sorry you are going through this but I guess what you can learn from this is that you need an emergency hair kit in your car and at work. I remember reading this on someones blog. I never made one but I will work on it now.

you know whats funny shay? when i was relaxed i had all kinds of hair things in my purse lol. combs, brushes(i didnt even use brushes when i was relaxed), head bands and scarfs and pins, everything.

i am officially addicted to dr bronner's soap.
vitacost is bout to get a nice order because i'm ordering every single fragrance they have in the 32oz sizes.

i cant wait to cleanse my scalp with it.

:yep:

I haven't spent any money since I have been stuck in the house. I really want that Dudley DRC from bluebeez. Shipping is free over $75... and it's only 50 bucks on sale on the site. I hate paying for shipping....

I would love to make it my 6th conditioner....

Bluebeez charge to much for everything. I wanted to orders some tea that cost $10 and they were charging $18. Luckly a good friend is going to send me some. Charz you should wait and see if anyone answer your request in the exchange thread.

I took pictures of my hair. Don't mind the ends, they look a little crunchy because I kinda neglected my hair last night before going to bed *kanye shrug* I might have to work from home tomorrow so I will redo my hair in the morning.

Most of my tail is WSL but I still won't claim it. I'll wait till March. I did notice that my ponytail is so much longer than last year.

First pic is of my hair straightened with the CHI
Second pic is of my ponytail
Third.. I'm back in my boring bun again :grin: My DD just said that it looks like a cinnamon bun :lick:

Attachments

• StraightFeb2010.jpg
    StraightFeb2010.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 12
  • PonytailFeb2010.jpg
    PonytailFeb2010.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Hotbuns4.jpg
    Hotbuns4.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 12
Bluebeez charge to much for everything. I wanted to orders some tea that cost $10 and they were charging $18. Luckly a good friend is going to send me some. Charz you should wait and see if anyone answer your request in the exchange thread.
Is it just me, or do you get insulted by those lil funky a$$ emails w/a 5% off coupon code? 5 percent?! What is that supposed to do???

I've seen Dudley in BSS around here so is this conditioner not sold in them? When this storm is over and it get clear to drive I'm check the bss near me and see if they carry it.

Last edited:
I took pictures of my hair. Don't mind the ends, they look a little crunchy because I kinda neglected my hair last night before going to bed *kanye shrug* I might have to work from home tomorrow so I will redo my hair in the morning.

Most of my tail is WSL but I still won't claim it. I'll wait till March. I did notice that my ponytail is so much longer than last year.

First pic is of my hair straightened with the CHI
Second pic is of my ponytail
Third.. I'm back in my boring bun again :grin: My DD just said that it looks like a cinnamon bun :lick:
Your tail is definitely there, but I understand not claiming until March, or at least until more hair is there. I usually don't claim anything until I'm actually past it :laugh:

Oh lawd...if we thought getting some of our favorite handmade products were taking long it's about to get worse. This is from www.essence.com :nono:

http://photos.essence.com/galleries/the_great_growout_part_4#342401

This includes Oyin, Hairveda, Qhemet ( (I get a lot of staples from these companies). Shoot it even includes Jessicurl.

I'm not worried about it. People aren't gonna wanna pay 16 bucks for 8 ounces of AOHC, when they can get some crap from the BSS for cheap.

And unless they have all the other criteria for producing healthy hair i.e. protective styling, low heat, low manipulation, they will not be repurchasing becuase a miracle will not occur.

Oh lawd...if we thought getting some of our favorite handmade products were taking long it's about to get worse. This is from www.essence.com :nono:

http://photos.essence.com/galleries/the_great_growout_part_4#342401

This includes Oyin, Hairveda, Qhemet ( (I get a lot of staples from these companies). Shoot it even includes Jessicurl.

I'm happy that they are finally getting recognition from Essence, but you ain't never lied about not being able to get products. I wish they had stayed under the radar only for the availability of products.

I'm not worried about it. People aren't gonna wanna pay 16 bucks for 8 ounces of AOHC, when they can get some crap from the BSS for cheap.

And unless they have all the other criteria for producing healthy hair i.e. protective styling, low heat, low manipulation, they will not be repurchasing becuase a miracle will not occur.
i agree. most people want a miracle product. something that will stop the damage and produce long flowing pantene pro v hair:look::lachen::ohwell: in one use.
so im not worried either.

tonight when i get back to the hotel i am going the hop in the shower and drench my hair with water. i have a little bit of honey hemp left so im going to try and detangle with that. then i will saturate my entire head with carols daughter hair milk(the moisture with this is not long lasting at all. for that alone kbb is better but i still like this) and then use sunshine to make big braids. well maybe not big but medium, maybe 10-15 braids all over. and i will keep it like that intil i go home.
when i get home i want to give myself a bentonite clay treatment but im scared it'll loosen my hair. but i might try it anyway, like a mini spa lol. then im going to deep condition forever with a mix of gbp and blue cammomile. i wanted to use kbb hair butter this time around to twists but i think im going to use qhemet again because i like the way it gave me hold, i just wont use that mist until after im finished twisting.

True. I didn't think about it like that. They will probably try it once and write it off because they dint put enough effort into it. You cant just use a product and expect perfection. You have to put forth some effort.

Jasmine's is definitely a repurchase for me. I've just rinsed out the DC and wow:blush: my hair is super duper soft yet strong.:lick: I was a little nervous about too much protein since it has SAA and Wheat protein about 5-6 ingredients in but not the case.

I think I can get close to 3 uses (probably 2.5) out of 8oz and I'm heavy handed. It's a thick conditioner but it distributed well and each strand felt well coated.

I don't know what to do with my hair now though:perplexed

Back