Pj Support Thread 2010 Pt.1

Girl you know that is all i use, maybe that is why i haven't been wanting to buy any other products. Some lady at work asked me if she could use some on her hands and i was like hell naw you can't:look::lachen:. I got a tad bit funky. She better use some jergens.:lachen:

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Girl you know that is all i use, maybe that is why i haven't been wanting to buy any other products. Some lady at work asked me if she could use some on her hands and i was like hell naw you can't:look::lachen:. I got a tad bit funky. She better use some jergens.:lachen:

I literally LOL at this ish :lachen::lachen:

I noticed some tiny broken hairs when I washed tonight. I wonder if I am moisturizing too much. I may need to cut back to every other night.

Does anyone know of any good etsy pages for hair clips? Maybe the breakage is from bunning with rubber bands and bobby pins.

Chaos, I think you are the second person in this thread today to say ayuvedic powders didn't do anything for them. I think I am getting more and more uninterested in using them.

Yes, I do remember someone else saying that. I can't remember whom though. :perplexed
Anyway, I still think you should give it a little whirl...maybe it'll work out really well for you!
If you don't want to jump all up in it, then maybe you could like...follow the guidelines of the 4 Month Ayurveda Challenge...I think they make you use like...two oils and two powders. That amount should be enough for you to get your feet wet and figure out if ayurveda is something that you want to pursue long term.
And if you don't like it, then at least you haven't wasted much money...that's one nice thing about ayurveda, it's inexpensive.

Hello ladies!

I co-washed yesterday with Suave and sat under the steamer way more than I probably should have LOL In my defense I was also on the laptop getting some work done. Instead of washing out the AOHR I fell asleep with it on, then rinsed it out in the morning. There were a few things that I noticed about steaming my hair, I was able to dry my hair much quicker for some reason. Usually it takes hours. I was also able to just rinse out the AOHR and put on a little bit of gel and my hair came out really nice, curly, fluffy. It could be coincidence since I did leave it on all night, but at the same time my curls never come out nice in the winter and that's why I keep it rollerset till March.

I wasn't sure what to expect from a steamer. I thought it was going to be hotter than Hades! It really isn't. I thought I was going to be sweating like at the steam room at my gym, but nope its not like that. I think that's why I keep steaming for so long. I'm waiting for it to sweat like crazy or something. I do enjoy being under there for whatever reason. While I was deep conditioning my hair I did put on some avocado oil on my face and let the steamer do its thing. I love avocado oil and butter! I am happy with my purchase. Before you run out and buy one I would say that you should read a few more reviews. I really don't know the long term conditioning effects since this is only my second day. As a DIY'er this $119 purchase makes perfect sense to me. Its an investment and if you check out my LHCF albums you will see that all the women in my house all have long hair so this comes in handy since I'm their free hairdresser LOL

So that's all for now. I have 8 bottles of AOHR and a steamer so nobody will see me all winter.

Get better eisani, food poisoning is not joke.:nono:
Thanks for the well wishes, ladies. I'm better today, dd isn't feeling well now :nono:

IDK why, but the bolded made me think of Pops on the first Friday movie when he told Craig "Boy you betta put some water on that damn ****!" :lachen:

Yes, I do remember someone else saying that. I can't remember whom though. :perplexed
Anyway, I still think you should give it a little whirl...maybe it'll work out really well for you!
If you don't want to jump all up in it, then maybe you could like...follow the guidelines of the 4 Month Ayurveda Challenge...I think they make you use like...two oils and two powders. That amount should be enough for you to get your feet wet and figure out if ayurveda is something that you want to pursue long term.
And if you don't like it, then at least you haven't wasted much money...that's one nice thing about ayurveda, it's inexpensive.
She could also just start with the oils. That's what I did initially. I started using the oils and Hairveda and my hair grew like crazy. I then started using some of the powders but honestly, my hair did just fine with the oils.

She could also just start with the oils. That's what I did initially. I started using the oils and Hairveda and my hair grew like crazy. I then started using some of the powders but honestly, my hair did just fine with the oils.
I was on my way to an indian market on my lunch break. I was going to get some henna, amla and some oils. But instead I decided to get some EZ combs so I can see if bunning with rubber bands is causing breakage. I will probably go tomorrow.

Yeah, I am glad you loved it, the refund hit my account today and I reordered it again :lachen::lachen:

But I called and did it while on the phone. :) So I can't wait to be in your Shoes BM. :)

Enjoy, I will be picking out my steamer conditioner !!!! :D

Hello ladies!

I co-washed yesterday with Suave and sat under the steamer way more than I probably should have LOL In my defense I was also on the laptop getting some work done. Instead of washing out the AOHR I fell asleep with it on, then rinsed it out in the morning. There were a few things that I noticed about steaming my hair, I was able to dry my hair much quicker for some reason. Usually it takes hours. I was also able to just rinse out the AOHR and put on a little bit of gel and my hair came out really nice, curly, fluffy. It could be coincidence since I did leave it on all night, but at the same time my curls never come out nice in the winter and that's why I keep it rollerset till March.

I wasn't sure what to expect from a steamer. I thought it was going to be hotter than Hades! It really isn't. I thought I was going to be sweating like at the steam room at my gym, but nope its not like that. I think that's why I keep steaming for so long. I'm waiting for it to sweat like crazy or something. I do enjoy being under there for whatever reason. While I was deep conditioning my hair I did put on some avocado oil on my face and let the steamer do its thing. I love avocado oil and butter! I am happy with my purchase. Before you run out and buy one I would say that you should read a few more reviews. I really don't know the long term conditioning effects since this is only my second day. As a DIY'er this $119 purchase makes perfect sense to me. Its an investment and if you check out my LHCF albums you will see that all the women in my house all have long hair so this comes in handy since I'm their free hairdresser LOL

So that's all for now. I have 8 bottles of AOHR and a steamer so nobody will see me all winter.

Last edited:
my hair looks nice today but it doesnt feel too hot. i used CURLS gel-les-c over the sunshine and i think thats what did it. no more CURLS for me. besides the milkshake and coconut sublime conditioner imma have to say this line aint worth it. oh i do like the shampoo but any moisturizing shampoo will do so......
i need protein so tomorrow i will co wash with givanni nutra fix and just use my sunshine cause anything else is just a waste of time.(that should be her slogan lol)

Update to my ramblings:

OK I've had about 4 people compliment me on my hair today. I finally looked in the mirror and was like wow my hair is actually quite nice and hanging with less shrinkage. Could it be the steamer? Hot Steaming Ladies please chime in LOL

Attachments

• CurlyJan2010.jpg
    CurlyJan2010.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 26
If I make my own, here's what I'm thinking:

rosewater, distilled water, SAA, essential oils (for fragrance), coconut oil, vitamin e oil, avocado butter, castor oil.

or i'll just buy something. :lol:

I love the 24/7 conditioner. The Hairveda protein conditioner (can't remember the name) made my hair feel BLAH.

i've only used it once and i'm not sure i love it. i have one more use out of my trader joe's conditioner, so i'm gonna finish that, then work with the hairveda.

i'm gonna hit up whole foods this friday to pick up some goodies for mixing. :yep: also gonna stop by k-mart today; they have satin pillowcases on sale.

robot, i was in the box braid thread and they had me wanting to get some braids. im itching to get them but i just dont know. i might not feel comfortable with them.

you miz sounds good though.

che, when i was younger, my mama kept my hair tight. i had braids, extensions, twists, errythang, so i'm used to having braids. :yep:

maybe try box braids on your own hair before you get added hair?

yea a couple weeks ago i was keepng braids in my hair without exstentions, but im just not good with protective styles. i like my hair to be out, but i hope that doesnt hold me back when it comes to growth.

Update to my ramblings:

OK I've had about 4 people compliment me on my hair today. I finally looked in the mirror and was like wow my hair is actually quite nice and hanging with less shrinkage. Could it be the steamer? Hot Steaming Ladies please chime in LOL

I will Not STOP Preachin' till err Lady has a Steama' or at the very 'least' a Heat Cap:look:.

Either of These 2 items, you should not 'do' without.:rolleyes:

Back