Pj Support Thread 2010 Pt.1

OMG you are so right about the bandwagons. when i first started on here one of the first things i have noticed is that there was a new trend like every other month. you just have to know whats for you.
for example: i wouldnt mind taking a multi vitamine but i know im not the type to take 5 different pills a day so i wouldnt jump on that. not that there is anything wrong with it but i already know its not for me with commiting to something like that.

IK When You already have "tendencies" to Over-Indulge (and you know who you are) it's hard not to want to buy everything somebody mentions.

Especially in my case, when I was "suffering" with what I was dealing with. I woulda' spent a Million Dollars, if it was going to "Restore" what I had Lost.:nono:

But, after buying up a bunch of stuff, I realize (almost a year & countless $ later:perplexed) it's just going to take Good Old Fashion TIME and alot of TLC.:yep:

Based on My Experience and IMO: Everyone Gets a Free Pass Their First Year on The Board, because it's New, Fun & Exciting......But after that, if you are still buying up errrthang:spinning:

Like If You've been on here 12 Years and Still Buying Up Everything then::hammer:

I just don't understand it . . . I used like 2 ounces of Miss Jessies Buttercreme in my hair. Then on top of that I sprayed a very glycerin heavy product in my hair even though it was 40-50 degrees outside today. But yet, my hair is still sawft, yes sawft not soft. :confused:

I was in the supermarket today and I saw organix shea butter on sale for $5. I walked to the cashier and put it down, it was hard. I wanted to buy it; but I didn't. :(

Don't be sad, that was will power right there. Congratulations.

I really like the consistency of the butters n bars shea butter. I don't want to finish what I have from cameden grey before I start using it.

I just don't understand it . . . I used like 2 ounces of Miss Jessies Buttercreme in my hair. Then on top of that I sprayed a very glycerin heavy product in my hair even though it was 40-50 degrees outside today. But yet, my hair is still sawft, yes sawft not soft. :confused:
miss jessies products arent too bad in my hair like everyone says and although it is freezing here glycerine products still work for me. maybe youve been drinking enough water???? working out??? eating right???
or maybe your conditioner is plain ole amazing lol.

I really like the consistency of the butters n bars shea butter. I don't want to finish what I have from cameden grey before I start using it.
i havent even used my bnb shea butter yet but i looked at it again last night and i am so tempted to try it. i want my shea butters to last a while though so no rush.

I have people staring at my new growth. I'm thinking "say something, say something. You didn't know black hair could do this right?". I am so in love with my new growth. I NEED to cut a little area of my hair just to see what it will do without the relaxed ends. Where do you think is the best? Don't say nape because it it is straight and silky :spinning: when they rest of my hair is coming in 4A.

I notice this hair thing is expensive even with out being a PJ ... replacing all these products isn't cheap

.... ESP the vitamins ...

Spent more then i like too replacing things I need! Well this should last months but still, i think thats one thing that turns me off from being a PJ... replacing stuff that you have fallen in love with. The chase is fun... but the maintenance price isn't so much fun :nono:

so true :yep:
im afraid to even count up the money I've spent on hair so far

Don't be sad, that was will power right there. Congratulations.

haha thanks!!

I have people staring at my new growth. I'm thinking "say something, say something. You didn't know black hair could do this right?". I am so in love with my new growth. I NEED to cut a little area of my hair just to see what it will do without the relaxed ends. Where do you think is the best? Don't say nape because it it is straight and silky :spinning: when they rest of my hair is coming in 4A.

Maybe a little above the nape but not in the crown, that way you can hide the spot in a bun or pony.

I just reread my post and dang I must have been excited :lachen:. Double words, they instead of the. Oh well, I really don't like editing my posts too much because you get that little notation at the bottom if you don't do it quick enough.

How has your day been ladies. Well today I went into a professional BSS - and even with ALL the products, I walked through, read ingredients, walked through, looked, walked through, thought about it.......and only bought a couple of combs, an applicator bottle, and spray bottle.

Can I hear an Amen. I'm so grateful right now.

This is not to say there are not alot of things I want to try, want to buy, and things I think I "need," but I'm good right now

I think I'm going to let the ayuveda powder thing go when I finish the boxes I have. Even just using the rinses, I don't see superior results. Maybe I would keep it and add to my deep conditioner, or just rinse once a week....but I'm not going hard with it after this.

**I'm loving AQUAFOR on my skin...I use a light lotion, and seal with Aquafor. WOW.
**I'm loving the Olive oil from the Middle Eastern grocery...the deep olive green olive oil from Morrocco, or Palestine. I am adding it to the conditioners I want to get rid of.

Last edited:
^^^^^^^^

It's Always Good to re-evaluate what you're doing/using and why.:look:

Examine the results and be willing to 'tweak' your regimen, practices, focus where needed to maximize your results.

In our last thread....many of the Ladies had started keeping a Journal or Making Notes about various Products and what they did (or did not do) and they found that to be helpful in determining what their hair needed.:yep:

I always Find it Helpful to write out my Regimen after my last wash day. There are times when I may adjust the products, but the Regi is pretty much Solid.:yep:

These are the types of things I will continue to put more of a Focus on while using up Stuff.:grin:

I can't keep up with my hair journals. Shaking my head. I have a few of them - but I'm going to do the hair journal thing for sure now. You are right, it is the only way to remember what in the world I'm doing to my hair.

Thank you for the reminder.

I can't keep up with my hair journals. Shaking my head. I have a few of them - but I'm going to do the hair journal thing for sure now. You are right, it is the only way to remember what in the world I'm doing to my hair.

Thank you for the reminder.

I don't keep a "Journal", although alot of Ladies in our First 2 Challenges Did and they wrote down product results etc.......how their hair felt etc...

I basically write out my Regimen, based on what I experienced the last wash-day and write down my products that I'll be using accordingly, based on those findings. So, I guess it's more 'note-taking' than Journaling.:look:

That sounds like a great plan. Good luck in carrying it out! :yep:
And about the Alter Ego Garlic Treatment, have you tried just taking a DC that you like and adding garlic powder to it? Or using garlic oil on your scalp as part of your prepoo? I've read a few times that people have done this and it has worked just as well as the Alter Ego Treatment, for a fraction of the price.

Yes, I added some garlic powder to a jar of Pantene Time Renewal Mask. I may have added too much because the scent is strong. So I'll probably use the mixture as a pre-poo rather than a DC. I REALLY love the AE Garlic because there is no garlic scent and the slip is fabulous! Perhaps I'll give the garlic oil a try as well. Thanks for the tips, Chaosbutterfly!

Thanks for the reminder i haven't written in my for a minute.

While talking to HBFG -- I thought:perplexed Maybe I should start Journaling!:lachen: That would give me something else to do than look at more products.:nono:

I could start writing down these creamy moisturizers and these different oils I am using under this wig and how I feel about them. OR Maybe I can Journal Sticking with the One Product until it's gone and the results...........:yep:

Yes, I added some garlic powder to a jar of Pantene Time Renewal Mask. I may have added too much because the scent is strong. So I'll probably use the mixture as a pre-poo rather than a DC. I REALLY love the AE Garlic because there is no garlic scent and the slip is fabulous! Perhaps I'll give the garlic oil a try as well. Thanks for the tips, Chaosbutterfly!

Gon' and Buy the AE Garlic!:grin: And be done with it. It's worth the 'small' investment. And it's a Product you know you Love.:yep:

I was in the supermarket today and I saw organix shea butter on sale for $5. I walked to the cashier and put it down, it was hard. I wanted to buy it; but I didn't. :(

I know that feeling oh so well...but it'll be okay...i always tell myself that there is a next time :)

Hey Fellow Hair Divas ...................

Well..........Remember Saturday when I told you I discovered a Crack/Chip in the Water Reservoir of My Steamer?????:ohwell:

Well, I call this morning and I was able to order just that piece for $24.00! I was very excited. (Even though I know I had cracked it by either dropping it while filling it up or Shoving in into my Walk-In (where I store it).

Imma be careful with this next one. And yes....I ordered 2.:blush:

It was a Good Experience. The Customer Service was Excellent (Mark). They still had the Record of my Original Purchase (it's been over a year). So I was quite Pleased.

Mark told me they were ALL sold out!:eek: They had Sold 500 alone in the Month of December.:giggle:

I thought: LHCF:nono:

He said they would also be offering another style that is $10.00 w/Free ShippingCheaper than the one most of us have now.:perplexed

I only paid $129 but I think recently they've been $139.

So i'm not the only one mentally blaming LHCF for hair products being sold out!!:grin::grin::grin:

Did my Joico 17 minute miracle routine and attempted to corn row my hair :rolleyes: The cornrows were decent enough to wear under my new and trimmed to chin, half wig.

I actually wore the half wig out and felt good!:grin:

I am now whole head baggying overnight with Biolage fortetherapie leave in. I like this leave in :lick:

Dagnabit!! Imma have to try the AE Garlic. I mixed some Garlic with Aloe Vera and applied it to my scalp in early DECEMBER and I am still smelling it.

Thanks Amerika!

Americka--ITA with T. Why fight with yourself about the AE Garlic? You know it works for your hair so get it. I think you mentioned cost so I think you should get the biggest one and ration it like its a treat.

Well I cut a reallllllly small section of my hair and it confirmed what I already knew to be true--I'm 4A. My hair coiled like pen springs and is curlier at the ends. What I do need to remember is my 4A doesn't look like someone elses' 4A. I think a lot ladies on this board need to remember that too :look:. I will need a frizz tamer product which I've known for a while. I'm thinking of trying the style prep product from Aveda's smooth infusion line. Or that shea butter spritz product from Hanmadi. I will most likely try both in the spring & summer when I will be cowashing ALOT.

I got 2 bottle of JBCO in the mail yesterday that it for me this month. I brought alot of thing in the summer during my transitioning because I as cowashing everyday. Now that it colder less washing so the stock seems alot. Now I really need some of that oil Eisani posted, I'll wait until next month.

miss jessies products arent too bad in my hair like everyone says and although it is freezing here glycerine products still work for me. maybe youve been drinking enough water???? working out??? eating right???
or maybe your conditioner is plain ole amazing lol.

I've never really had a problem with glycerin no matter how cold it is, but the Miss Jessie's has always been a problem for me, hence why it took so long for me to use up those samples. But yesterday I got in from work and my hair was just so moisturized, I don't think my hair has ever felt like that :lol: I'm going to need to stock up on that Qhemet mist :look:

:look: i'm no pj like some.. but I feel I may be getting outta hand.. the other day I stocked up on HE LTR leave n 2 bottles and NTM deep recovery.. 2 jars..(mind u I still have pretty much full containers of both) ordered some shescentit seyani butter and coco creme leave in..as well as hairveda vatika frosting all within one day..and I need a protein deep condish so i'm thinkin about stopping on the way home to get some.. :look: I just bought a 3 bin draw and it's packed... :look: I wanna catch this early before it gets outta hand :yep:

I knew this would happen. I need to hide the scissors. I cut a little bit on the side of my head and the curl pattern is a little looser.

Today I am not saying a THING about "haircare" in cosmo. class. And I will not divulge my sources if I am asked. I'm so selfish. :lachen::lachen:

I gave out a few tidbits and those girls thought me half crazy - deep conditioning indeed. :rolleyes:

Back