Pj Support Thread 2010 Pt.1

I hate it too but I can tell the difference in my hair when I don't do it. It's a necessary evil LOL are you going to take out your braids?

I didn't have braids in but I took my twists out...they were in for almost a week. That is the longest I have gone with them in. My pain isnt as bad as it was earlier in the week so I think I will treat myself to doing my hair.

Im thinking about having my roommate braid my hair for a bit though. I cant braid and doing my twists take way too long. I am still pissed that she used my Dr Bronners though...:nono: that was so uncouth:nono:.

Mkd, I did a flex rod set last night, it tangle ugly mess.
I like the way my sets look with the but I don't comb them out, I just wear the tight shirley temple looking curls but when its time to detangle, my ends become a mess, twisting around each other, causing splits. So, I think I am done with them. If I get the curlformers and like them, I will give my flexi rods away.

I like the way my sets look with the but I don't comb them out, I just wear the tight shirley temple looking curls but when its time to detangle, my ends become a mess, twisting around each other, causing splits. So, I think I am done with them. If I get the curlformers and like them, I will give my flexi rods away.

This is first time using as natural and I just don't like it, maybe I'll try again under the dryer. I left these in over night. You have alot of hair do they come large enough?

Last edited:
This is first time using as natural and I just don't like it, maybe I'll try again under the dryer. I left these in over night. You have alot of hair do they come large enough?
I have pink ones and gray ones, I think they make bigger ones though. I use mine under the dryer. Was your hair completely dry when you took them out?

Thanks Charz for the yt vids. I've been eyeing curlformers for a minute. They have been randomly on sale at Sallys and I couldn't convince myself to buy them. I thought my hair would get all tangled and whatnot but that how-to vid made it look so easy.

I think I like the girl that did them on damp hair better. Her ends looked smoother than the dry set. I could definitely rock this as a PS.

Thanks Charz for the yt vids. I've been eyeing curlformers for a minute. They have been randomly on sale at Sallys and I couldn't convince myself to buy them. I thought my hair would get all tangled and whatnot but that how-to vid made it look so easy.

I think I like the girl that did them on damp hair better. Her ends looked smoother than the dry set. I could definitely rock this as a PS.

NP and I agree with the damp hair being better. I would think that it would provide more slip too.

^^ i got the carrot milk & honey one and an olive bassabu one. Those are the 2 I have had the best results with.

Charz was the discount code good for online only? I'm going to the mall later and the Sally's is across the street. I have an event tonight and may do the curlformers for it. Now that I see how easy it is I want curly hair.

Charz was the discount code good for online only? I'm going to the mall later and the Sally's is across the street. I have an event tonight and may do the curlformers for it. Now that I see how easy it is I want curly hair.

It's a promocode so yes online only. Unless you can show them the code and try to talk your way through it :).

I have pink ones and gray ones, I think they make bigger ones though. I use mine under the dryer. Was your hair completely dry when you took them out?

No it wasn't, so that my problem. I assume if I take them out and don't touch them until they dry it would be good:nono:

tonyatko on YT. i ordered some samples from her, which she claimed shipped nine days ago, BEFORE this storm even hit. i have yet to see ANY tracking updates from Fed Ex, including that the package has even reached the dispatch place. I think she printed a label, but didn't ship that sh*t. She said it shipped on the 3rd.

I emailed her today. We'll see what she says.

I've been shopping all day. :look: My Nunu+Love Naturals came today. I'm smelling one of these oils (Hair Potion) and it smells like straight castor oil :ohwell: I'll probably be using this as a HOT. I got turned off right away because the flowers in the Harlem Hair Oil bottle reminds me of Carol's Daughter which I HATE, and it kind of smells like the Tui oil. I'll wait until I actually try them before reviewing them, but I'm not very optimistic. The Spilled Milk felt good on my hand, we'll see how my hair likes it. Oh, she sent a sample of the Don't Be So Vanilla poo. Don't smell like no vanilla to me *hmph*. I'll wait and see.

Oh yea, ordered my Verbena Customs stuff. I didn't do any hair products, just Whipped Yogurt, Frosting and I think i did a soap too.

has anyone ever tried aubrey organics blue camomile conditioner?
i have this (thanx T). i love it. to me its very moisturizing and like most AO conditioner it dissapears in your hair. i was actually planing on using it mixed with gbp this weekend.
i go home tonight yall :clap::yay::band2:
whenever i read threads and people be mad because someone said they had a perm or asked if they have a jery curl i never get it. im always like you know youre natural, why get mad? but now i get it. i thought everyone who knows me knows im naturals but someone asked me today did i have a curly perm and i was like :ohwell:

Last edited:
I stopped at Sally's on my way home and started at the curlformers for a minute, then I went to the BSS and brought some more rollers and a bone comb.

i have this (thanx T). i love it. to me its very moisturizing and like most AO conditioner it dissapears in your hair. i was actually planing on using it mixed with gbp this weekend.
i go home tonight yall :clap::yay::band2:
whenever i read threads and people be mad because someone said they had a perm or asked if they have a jery curl i never get it. im always like you know youre natural, why get mad? but now i get it. i thought everyone who knows me knows im naturals but someone asked me today did i have a curly perm and i was like :ohwell:
I don't think they're actually mad. I was thinking about this just this morning and I really feel 99% of the people claiming to be all upset about it really took it as a compliment and in a feeble attempt to seem humble, they feign ignorance and offense. Beat it. It's cool to say "They thought my hair was permed/weave/fake/whatever, y'all :grin:" Shiiid, we work hard for our hair and it's cool to take pride in it and revel in compliments from time to time. Ain't nobody gonna think you're arrogant or vain. It's cool. Really.

Umm, between the **** I bought from Jasmine last week and my Verbena Customs and Lucretia's purchases today, there shouldn't be an ashy booty, kneecap, elbow, face, leg or ankle around this house for a looooooong a$$ time :laugh:

I stopped at Sally's on my way home and started at the curlformers for a minute, then I went to the BSS and brought some more rollers and a bone comb.

I went in there too and renewed my account to get the 2-$5 off coupons. I can use them next month so I can get the curlformers. See if I can use them in conjunction with a promocode and get them on a good SALE:yep:.

I almost got a big thing of Ecostyler gel since it was $2.99 but I don't use gel enough to warrant the frivolous buy. Nothing else caught my eye:look:

I took advantage of the Sally's coupon deal and brought curlformers/conditoner, it is a better deal then getting them at the store.

I took advantage of the Sally's coupon deal and brought curlformers/conditoner, it is a better deal then getting them at the store.
Can you PM me the code? I can't find it in my last 2 emails from them. I think I'd rather order now then wait til next month since I have a few financial obligations I need the $ for.

Did the sample come?

[UOTE=Vonnieluvs08;10157190]Can you PM me the code? I can't find it in my last 2 emails from them. I think I'd rather order now then wait til next month since I have a few financial obligations I need the $ for.

Did the sample come?[/QUOTE]

I pm you the code but here it is for everyone else 555952 it really brought the price for them down. I've been eye balling these for a year being cheap and scared. I think it will be easy to use since I crochet and probably can use the hook well. I've read ppl gettng their hair tangle but the video Charzboss posted makes it look easier. Hurry and order you know LHCF and lock it down.

No I did not get the package but my mail box is joining with others and we did not dig out the snow. I made a path today and got some mail. I'll let you know when it arrive.

hmmmm I'm eyeing the honeyquat.

do you use saa though?

Yes re: Silk Aminos.:yep: I've used it early on in my Journey when I was mixing up a bunch of stuff & adding to conditioners. I don't do that as much anymore.:ohwell:

Silk Aminos is going to give you your Protein and the Honeyquat will give you Intense Moisture.

Does anyone roller set with magnetic snap rollers? I bought some today because I usually use and really like mesh rollers, sometimes I get too tight a set and the rollers feel uncomfortable as my hair dries. I could never get the hang off magnetic rollers with clips and pins.

Back