(Pics) UPDATE for "Trim/Cut It Until It's Even" Challenge

Hi Ladies. :wave:
I know this update to the "Trim/Cut It Until It's Even" Challenge 2006 is long overdue, but here it is. See, Victorious. I told ya I would update next touchup. :angel:

For those that don't know or forgot here is what my nape looked like in Feb. 2005 a few months after I joined the forum. This was really a problem because the rest of my hair was much longer than this. It was very difficult to wear my hair down so I did protective styles.
problemarea-1.jpg

------------------------------------------------

Instead of growing my hair to my ultimate goal (armpit length) I decided to trim the rest of my hair until the back caught up. That is why I started the challenge for 2006.

The other areas (front and top) would have been at armpit length already, but it all looked very thin. Here is what my hair looked like in May 2006 during the challenge. It was lightly flatironed and actually longer than it appears, but you can see the difference between the back and the rest. I had already started cutting back on the rest of my hair, but I wasn't ready to even it up yet. I continued wearing my bun.

compare1.jpg

I don't have a good overall picture of my hair in August, but here is what the back looked like after a touch up. Still not completely even so I wore it down for about a week and put it back up in a bun.
4g25g52.jpg

***I had another touch up in November, but I didn't take any photos. :eek: My old camera broke. :ohwell: Anyways my hair was completely evened out that touch up. I was so relieved. I actually wore my hair down for three weeks. Then I went back to my bun.*** :p

Fast forward to today. I've got a new camera so I can show off my nape progress and my even hair!
back0207-3.jpg
back021007-1.jpg

And here are some more touch up photos. This didn't turn out too bad considering I don't have on any makeup. Lol.
100_0104.jpg
100_0105.jpg

100_0100.jpg

100_0101.jpg

Now I'm on my way to armpit length! :yay:

Are there any other challengers with updates?

What a difference two years can make! Your hair looks so pretty and healthy. I am so happy for you girl.

Girly you should be really proud b/c you have made some great progress! Your hair looks very healthy too.

Good luck in reaching your next goal and HHG!!:)

Your hair is soo full and looks much thicker, it's like a whole new head of hair since the back filled in. I know you are excited, APL here you come!

Everytime I saw your siggy I was thinking when are the updates comming, lol.

Thanks for sharing.

I think you have one of the best examples on the board of really nursing your hair back to health. The before and after pictures of the health of your hair are amazing. great job!!!!!

[SIZE=+1]I applaud you on growing your hair back. It is so full and pretty.
By the way......you don't need any makeup.....you are pretty without it.
[/SIZE]:)

Your hair looks great. You did a really good job.:)

*note to self, it takes time and patience...*:lol:

Wow:eek:!!! Your hair has really turned around!! It looks incredible; nice,thick and very healthy! Congrats on your progress.

Wow, maybe I need to do a challenge like this cuz your starting pic is about the same as mines is now....and my hair, nape especially...is a bunch of different lengths. You really are an inspiration!:dance7:

OMG that is the GREATEST TRANSFORMATION!!!, your hair looks very healthy Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is your regimen??

Last edited:
OMG! Your hair looks amazing! What an inspiration for so many out there who have this problem! :yep:

Your hair looks so thick and healthy and gorgeous! Congrats!!

You did a great job, Candice! I'd be interested in reading your routine as well. Keep up the good work and best of luck in reaching your goals.

Candice your hair looks great! Patience and determination can really make a person go far. You'll be at APL in no time. You have done an awesome job!:thumbsup: :clapping:

Back