Pics of my nieces

[ QUOTE ]
shinyblackhair said:
They are gorgeous! How did their mom get their hair to lay down like that? Is it pressed? I'd love to do my daughter's hair like that too, but I don't want to relax it. She is going to be 8 in a month and would love to wear her hair down and straight. When stretched her hair is waist length!

Thanks in advance.

[/ QUOTE ] I was pickin her brain, cause im gonna be doing my daughter's hair too and taking pics sometime the end of this month or June...she said she just blew dried it....i need to pick her brain some more I think....i know that aint gonna work for my daughter.

i know the older one has a kiddie texturizer, so the blow dryer got it straight, the younger one's hair just got staight with a blow dryer alone...im still tryin to figure out how she did it and how they handled it cause i cant even stand goin through my hair being straightened with a blow dryer, i dunno, she needs to share her technique or something, im'a pick her brain some more....

wish she would join and post....hint hint again
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:
[ QUOTE ]
shinyblackhair said:
They are gorgeous! How did their mom get their hair to lay down like that? Is it pressed? I'd love to do my daughter's hair like that too, but I don't want to relax it. She is going to be 8 in a month and would love to wear her hair down and straight. When stretched her hair is waist length!

Thanks in advance.

[/ QUOTE ] I was pickin her brain, cause im gonna be doing my daughter's hair too and taking pics sometime the end of this month or June...she said she just blew dried it....i need to pick her brain some more I think....i know that aint gonna work for my daughter.

i know the older one has a kiddie texturizer, so the blow dryer got it straight, the younger one's hair just got staight with a blow dryer alone...im still tryin to figure out how she did it and how they handled it cause i cant even stand goin through my hair being straightened with a blow dryer, i dunno, she needs to share her technique or something, im'a pick her brain some more....

smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]btw my sister keeps their hair up and protected all the time and not in the straightened state with heat ....this is first time they have had their hair done like this, and probably the last for a loonng time....if you were to start doing this all the time to your daughter's hair, it would cause damage i would think.....i think its ok for now and then though.
smile.gif

Your nieces have long beautiful hair! Is their hair natural? How is their hair taken care of???

Thank you girl....

the younger one is natural, and older one has a texturizer , and she is blessed like my sister is with that..... no damage whatsoever
shocked.gif

my sister could answer better how she does their hair....but i know she keeps it in protective styles....this is the first time ever they have had their hair straightened with heat. i know my sister takes good care of their hair...thats all i know
laugh.gif

i keep hinting for her to join and post, cause she can read this.... JOIN JOIN JOIN
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:
[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:
[ QUOTE ]
shinyblackhair said:

Thanks in advance.

smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]btw my sister keeps their hair up and protected all the time and not in the straightened state with heat ....this is first time they have had their hair done like this, and probably the last for a loonng time....if you were to start doing this all the time to your daughter's hair, it would cause damage i would think.....i think its ok for now and then though.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I've tried blow drying my daughter's hair too. It gets "straight" in that the curl is gone, but it's still very "big" and puffy, ya know? It doesn't lay down, if I'm making any sense here, lol. I'm just wondering how I can get that relaxed look (like how yours looks when straightened) without the relaxer. My experience with natural hair is limited to my daughters' hair. My eldest has the most and the thickest out of my 3 girls. I've been relaxed since the age of 8 and I'm 27...that is a long time!

My daughter's hair is protected all of the time too, but it would be nice to show her long hair off for pictures, parties, etc.

How do you straighten your hair Iris? What tools and products do you use? Your hair is so thick, yet you get it so nice, silky and sleek looking! What is your secret girl!

[ QUOTE ]
shinyblackhair said:
[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:
[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:
[ QUOTE ]
shinyblackhair said:

Thanks in advance.

smile.gif

smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I've tried blow drying my daughter's hair too. It gets "straight" in that the curl is gone, but it's still very "big" and puffy, ya know? It doesn't lay down, if I'm making any sense here, lol. I'm just wondering how I can get that relaxed look (like how yours looks when straightened) without the relaxer. My experience with natural hair is limited to my daughters' hair. My eldest has the most and the thickest out of my 3 girls. I've been relaxed since the age of 8 and I'm 27...that is a long time!

My daughter's hair is protected all of the time too, but it would be nice to show her long hair off for pictures, parties, etc.

How do you straighten your hair Iris? What tools and products do you use? Your hair is so thick, yet you get it so nice, silky and sleek looking! What is your secret girl!

[/ QUOTE ] Ummm i know EXACTLY what your saying, thats why i not understanding how she did their hair with a blow dryer...i got questions, and lots of em...

my hair only gets bigger with a blow dryer and so does my daughters , plus it totally dries it out....so i have no clue what she did....i'm gonna pick her brain totally.

and I agree its nice to be able to wear it down at times
smile.gif

ok so for me, i always use a pressing comb w/no blow drying, I let it air dry. and just go through each little section (im talking really little sections at a time) with the comb , pressing the back against it.

and i mostly just use light oils, like olive oil , or coconut oil, ive used dax pressing oil and palmers pressing oil in the past too (the key with these is to use them lightly) i love satin creme press lotion ( but its discontinued) this was the best working pressing product i have tried thus far
smile.gif
I havent tried the pomade yet though, but i imagine it might work well if the lotion did ( i think it would be important to go lightly with it too) once its all straight....i like to use kemi oil and/or IC gloss for finishing and shine. Thats it girl...I havent really stuck with one product strictly yet.....but i do know the Satin Creme Press lotion works great and im still upset they discontinued it....

but yeah now im wondering how my sister worked the blow dryer in their hair....i didnt know she has skills like that
scratchchin.gif

WHY IS EVERONE IN YOUR FAMILY SO
censored.gif
GORGEOUS? I don't know how the rest of you "ugly people"
grin.gif
feel, but I for one am tired of this chick showing me up,...with her GORGEOUS HAIR, and her GORGEOUS NEICES, and her GORGEOUS SISTER, and her GORGEOUS,....
spank.gif
Girl, just kidding! I can't even hate, only congratulate! Your family is the BOMB!
dance7.gif

[ QUOTE ]
bollyhair said:
WHY IS EVERONE IN YOUR FAMILY SO
censored.gif
GORGEOUS? I don't know how the rest of you "ugly people"
grin.gif
feel, but I for one am tired of this chick showing me up,...with her GORGEOUS HAIR, and her GORGEOUS NEICES, and her GORGEOUS SISTER, and her GORGEOUS,....
spank.gif
Girl, just kidding! I can't even hate, only congratulate! Your family is the BOMB!
dance7.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
lachen70.gif
lachen70.gif
lachen70.gif
lol your so crazy....whew....thank you girl!!!!

Back