THROWBACK PICS!

Age 5

Age 11 - Afro Puff

Age 14 - Visited my Auntie in FL and shepressed my hair with an electric comb. I thought my hair was so long and swanging then:blush:.

I didn't have time to scan these pics so I took pictures of these pictures, hence the poor quality.
aww look @ that 5 year old pic! you cheezin , so cute! and look at all that hair! :yep:

shoot we're probably related, do you know how ridiculously large my family is? :look: :lol:

whatcha tryna say... i don't look innocent now? :look: :lachen:

ah if only i had a scanner, i have tons of pics to share... although many of them need to be burned, i was a rather goofy-looking kid
gurl you look almost the same as in high school , just more for the grown and sexy now *wink* still innocent face though! I dont think u could lose that!

:yep: heres mine after my first relaxer i think :ohwell:

n5727454_36927186_9101.jpg

awww pretty side pony! :yep:

It's so funny I saw this thread today. My BFF sent this to me @ work with the subject line "Bloods and Crips-Thuggin, Str8 Buggin" I almost spit my drink all over the computer! Completely forgot! This was probably around '94, right before a basketball game, when we liked to dress like boys (it was SO comfortable!) You can see my dusty hair color too.

sexton6-1.jpg

hehe now this is too cute and funny! lookin cool though :yep:

Thank you! This was at a chapel in Orlando. I really didn't have much time to prepare, I did my own make-up and my weave wouldn't hold a curl that way.:ohwell: We were both very tired. hmm, I wonder if I can get my natural hair that length by 12/09?:spinning:

I'll try ton post a throwback when I get home.

girl do you know how much I love PRINCE? lovin your siggy's! alot!

cant wait for u to post more when u get home!

gurl you look almost the same as in high school , just more for the grown and sexy now *wink* still innocent face though! I dont think u could lose that!

awww thanks Isis! :kiss:

all right for the grown and sexy! :grin: wish that was applicable IRL, yesterday i went to eat at the restaurant i work at cuz we had a beer tasting and my manager was like, "yeah very funny Lady Libra, you need to get out of the bar now you know you're not old enough to be in here...."

i looked at him like :look: "um you know i'm 25 right?" he would not believe me until i showed him my ID :rolleyes: :lachen:

awww thanks Isis! :kiss:

all right for the grown and sexy! :grin: wish that was applicable IRL, yesterday i went to eat at the restaurant i work at cuz we had a beer tasting and my manager was like, "yeah very funny Lady Libra, you need to get out of the bar now you know you're not old enough to be in here...."

i looked at him like :look: "um you know i'm 25 right?" he would not believe me until i showed him my ID :rolleyes: :lachen:

lol you do look very young and its gonna be such a good thing for you later! :yep:
like you said u thought I was, I'm stayin 30 somethin for a while :look:

hehe

Age 22, preggers with my firstborn in 2003. This was the day before I was induced: :p

Copyof38weeks4days8.jpg

38weeks4days6.jpg

38weeks4days2.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent pictures everyone!! I really love the school pics. I need to find mine and scan them.

***not serious throwbacks but..

...90's 'fro ~ this pic was on my online singles profile when dh wrote to me. lol

This was my last relaxer(99.9% sure) when pg with DS2
bcrelaxerviki0.jpg

This is a pic of me natural after my hair was washed. I don't think it was dry all the way.

Attachments

• Natural About 9 or 10 years old 1.jpg
    Natural About 9 or 10 years old 1.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 17
OKay, this was in 8th grade. This was the year i got my perm. So, um...yeah, I want a swoop...a soft one, but this is what the hair dresser did...she gelled me up! My mom left me at the salon, and I didn't speak up. needless to say, my mom way MAD!! I had this "style" for two days.

B'cuz my hair is so dark its blending in with my shirt, but it was BSL. Um in the front it came to my chest I believe. ANywhoo, it was still thick in this pic

Attachments

• Gel Summer 96_r12.jpg
    Gel Summer 96_r12.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 19
Age 22, preggers with my firstborn in 2003. This was the day before I was induced: :p

Copyof38weeks4days8.jpg

38weeks4days6.jpg

38weeks4days2.jpg

Hey, Newbie, sis!!! SOOO pretty!

This is a great thread...SOOOO many cute pics!

Here's mine:

This musta been about 3 months after my BC in 2002...I think I had braided or twisted it up without knowing what a braidout/twistout was :perplexed(and how to do it properly....LOL)....This was the OK stage, when it started to grow down, it got kinda awkward on my face...:lachen:

Attachments

• nathair4.JPG
    nathair4.JPG
    11.2 KB · Views: 11
Uh...IR

I thought you were waaayy younger than you are. Thought you were in your early 20s. Hope I still look young when I get older.

Ladylibra, your hair is gawjus!

Platinum, I am also a huge Prince fan and I sit and watch your clip over and over and over. It's from Under The Cherry Moon, right? Prince with his teeninsy lil fine self! Iris you are beautiful. Foxieroxie, my goodness that pic of you with the short cut is stunning!

Back