Pics of my Chiney bump curls

SweetNic_JA

I damped my hair with water, oil and, biosilk silk therapy and then twisted my hair into chiney bumps. I covered my hair with a silk scarf and went to bed. Here are the results; the best thing is that I didn't have to deal with uncomfortable rollers in order to get a fresh curl.

_twistoutJPG.jpg

_twistback.jpg

Wow that is cute. I can only see the second pic, but the curls are great. BTW what are chiney bumps, is it like pin curls or bantu knots?

Those curls are too cute, you are a very pretty girl as well!

Your curls are sooo cute. I haven't tried knots to style my hair yet. I'm opting for braid outs this spring, but now you have me thinking
scratchchin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
SweetNic_JA said:
I damped my hair with water, oil and, biosilk silk therapy and then twisted my hair into chiney bumps. I covered my hair with a silk scarf and went to bed. Here are the results; the best thing is that I didn't have to deal with uncomfortable rollers in order to get a fresh curl.

_twistoutJPG.jpg

_twistback.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl I love that look on you. Although my hair is longer and won't look like that but I'm going to try that. Question...when you twisted the hair around how did you get it to stay put?

Ok....I LOVE THIS STYLE...it is my signature look!!!

The curls last forEVER!!! I apply shea butter to the two strand twist before I put it into a bantu knot...and my hair comes out softer and softer each time.

Your hair looks GREAT!

This style looks great on you!!
smile.gif

I tried doing this once with two strand twists... (twisted the hair, then twirled it around into a bantu knot, and bobby pinned it to my scalp). Anyway, it came out looking horrible!!
laugh.gif
The curls were going every which way... not a good look
nono.gif
. I ended up having to retwist it and just leave the twists in hanging down for a while to get the curls out.
ohwell.gif
Plus the bantu knots hurt my head when trying to sleep.
look.gif

Your hair looks so pretty! And you look stunning, I think this should be your "signature style".

Off Topic: What kind of lipstick are you wearing; I love it!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
Beautiful curls! You look like a model too!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same thing!! Do you model? You should be strutting the catwalk!!

Sweetnic your hair looks fabulous. That style really compliments you. when I was a kid, chiney bumps were the standard for airdrying on wash day
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
That style really compliments you. when I was a kid, chiney bumps were the standard for airdrying on wash day
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

True and true!

SweetNic, I think I'm in love with your hair.
wink.gif
Is it seeing anyone?
I don't know if I'd look as good as you but I still want it! Heck, throw in the face too if you like, I'll add my own li'l swagger and attitude. Very nice!

Back