Pics of my Chiney bump curls

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
I was wondering the same thing (does she model). If you don't, you should because you got the look baybeee
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to edit because the nodding smiley face must have been changed. But, I just want to nod in agreement with CaramelHonee. You and your hair are beautiful.

Very Very Cute!
It's been awhile since I've worn bantu knots.
You got me wanting to rush home from work just to do my hair.

[ QUOTE ]
DigitalRain said:
[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
Beautiful curls! You look like a model too!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same thing!! Do you model? You should be strutting the catwalk!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ain't her bone structure SICK WID IT?????

Gorgeous look on you SNJA
smile.gif

your hair is very pretty! post your instructions, please. i'm trying to find something to do with my hair so i won't use the curlers. help a sista out! how do you maintain it and about how many bumps did you make?

I second that! Instructions Pleaaassseee!
How did you twist these and secure them? How did you part your hair for these? How many did you twist?
do you have a pic of the chiney bumps in your hair?

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
I was wondering the same thing (does she model). If you don't, you should because you got the look baybeee
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL i was saying the same thing..lol you got the Diva Ms. Ross thing going on lol... you make me want to go natural lol Very NICE

Thank you for all the positive responses! I've been in a meeting all morning and had to drive 1hr and 1/2 back to where I am now.

I don't have pictures of the chiney bumps but, I can do a few and show you how they look. I'll be doing a touchup this evening so I won't be doing my entire head in curls tonight.

I'm on my way to an event so excuse me if I can't quote everyone that asked questions.
1. Someone asked how I did them and someone outlined the technique but w/ one minor difference. I damp my hair, do double strand twists, loop my hair completely around it self. I don't use bobby pins to secure them and that's because my hair is still pretty damp when I do the style.

2. How long do they last? Well, I haven't taken the chance to see how long they last. I redo the chiney bumps each night (it only takes 1/2 or so) and take them out in the morning.

3. As for modeling...well I just recently started looking into it. I'm not sure where to start so I'm just looking for a couple good photographers. I've found 3 that I'll be working with so far.

4. Lipstick: I'm wearing a shade of MAC's tinted lipglass. The # rubbed off so I don't know what shade it is.
grin.gif

It could be Lust, Nymphette, Magic Spell, or even Viva (just looking at the shades on the website).

I will check in later tonight or tomorrow night (today and tomorrow are very busy) and post pics .

Once again, thank you
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
TripleP said:
[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL i was saying the same thing..lol you got the Diva Ms. Ross thing going on lol... you make me want to go natural lol Very NICE

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes ME want to go natural. I'm relaxed with about 5 months of new growth sitting on my head.
drunk.gif

I lvoe it!! What exactly are chiney's??? I must try this when the braids come down. Your skin is absolutely beautifil also, I jumped off the Accutane bandwagon you make me want to jump back on!!

WOW! Gorgeous pics. I agree with everybody - you should definitely model.
smile.gif

How many bumps do you make to achieve this style?

Beautiful, Sweetnic. Thanks so much for sharing. I'm going to have to add you to my list of hair inspirations. You've come a mighty long way!
smile.gif

OMG! Thank you ladies...Your responses have definitely rubbed my soft spot. I didn't expect so many compliments.

Someone asked about the painting in the background. We'll it's this large paiting that I found at a second hand store
sekret.gif
and I just fell inlove with it. I love the colors.

Once again,
Thank you ladies

I'm glad that I've reached a length that allows me more versatility with my hair. My hair grows extremelyyy slow but now I can switch styles ("natural looking" to relaxed) and still look good.

I'll post my straight pics soon. You'll see what I mean when I say my hair grows slow.

Last edited:
[ QUOTE ]
SweetNic_JA said:
I'm glad that I've reached a length that allows me more versatility with my hair. My hair grows extremelyyy slow but now I can switch styles ("natural looking" to relaxed) and still look good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh wow, you did that on relaxed hair? It definitely looks more like natural hair than relaxed. That's pretty cool.

[ QUOTE ]
jd_bdfly said:
[ QUOTE ]
SweetNic_JA said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh wow, you did that on relaxed hair? It definitely looks more like natural hair than relaxed. That's pretty cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah JD, my hair is relaxed BUT I had 5 months of natural roots in that pic which didn't amount to anything much greater than 2inches. My hair is straight now but I'll be doing this style again in the next week or so.

Girl, I am going to have to borrow this hair style from you-do you mind? LOL

[ QUOTE ]
SweetNic_JA said:
OMG! Thank you ladies...Your responses have definitely rubbed my soft spot. I didn't expect so many compliments.

Someone asked about the painting in the background. We'll it's this large paiting that I found at a second hand store
sekret.gif
and I just fell inlove with it. I love the colors.

FashionSlave:
I'm 5'7
I live in CT but I'm just over an hour from NYC.
Have any contacts?
grin.gif

Once again,
Thank you ladies

I'll post my straight pics soon. You'll see what I mean when I say my hair grows slow.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not as well connected as I used to be. My last styling job was at least 3 years ago.

You are a little on the short side to be a model, but some agencies do make exceptions if they like your look. Most agencies require most models to be at least 5'9" but I think it's worth a try. You should go to the city with a few head and body shots and see what they tell you. Be sure that you call the agency first to get an appointment before you show up. Try calling Elite, Ford, IMG, Karin, or Next. Whatever you do don’t go to those silly model search places.

I think that you would look more exotic if your hair was short and natural.
Are you thin?
How do you look in a swimsuit?

I know I promised to post pics but my schedul ran so tight that i didn't have time to do that.

Here is site and picture that shows extactly what I did to achieve this look. I did everything except use hair pins.
bantuknots.jpg

http://www.ourhair.net/howto_bantu.htm

I'll take pics the next time I do this style.

BublnBrown: feel free to do this style. It's not mine, it's our ancestors !

Caralexis: I did approximately 20 Chiney bumps to get this style.

I suggest that you do this when your hair is wet/damp. Also be sure to add light oil mixed with a serum (ie Biosilk Silk Therapy)

Back