Pics of Long Hair

Quit playin, you know you need to add your hair pics to this thread. My hair wants to be like your hair when it grows up.

LOL...Thank you kindly! :grin: I think everyone has seen my hair already!

Honestly, my hair has been TL and that was long enough. Actually most times it was too much. Once you have to start wearing updo's almost all the time it's no longer worth it to me. Your hair falling into your food when you eat or cook, falling in the toilet, falling into a baby's diaper when you try to change it...all of that is nasty. The theory is great though!! :lachen:

Oh, and lets not forget the headaches from wearing your hair up because it is so much hair or the strain it puts on your neck. I didn't realize this until I got a serious hair cut. :sad:

WL1.jpg

Wow !! Traycee, and SheriLove made google search results?????:perplexed

My overall favs either are the Victorian WW or the modern Indian women. Both have such incredible thickness in addition to the length. As for the modern WW, the hair is far too thin for my tastes. It goes to show that modern White women have drastically diff hair practices than their forebear cuz even if they attain much of the length (the moderns are around about average for the women of the Victorian woman, truth be told), they've lost the thickness.

Those Indian women have DA COLOR (blue black or jet black) which is more impressive to me than the length. Polynesian women are also blessed in the color and length.

As for the sistahs.....LOL, so dreads NOW "count"?! ;) Too many folks here blow off dread, so I'm a bit surprised to see them included. There are some great examples of "loose" natural and the relaxed. So we see it's poss for BOTH sides to get their flow on!

Last edited:
My overall favs either are the Victorian WW or the modern Indian women. Both have such incredible thickness in addition to the length. As for the modern WW, the hair is far too thin for my tastes. It goes to show that modern White women have drastically diff hair practices than their forebear cuz even if they attain much of the length (the moderns are around about average for the women of the Victorian woman, truth be told), they've lost the thickness.

Those Indian women have DA COLOR (blue black or jet black) which is more impressive to me than the length. Polynesian women are also blessed in the color and length.

As for the sistahs.....LOL, so dreads NOW "count"?! ;) Too many folks here blow off dread, so I'm a bit surprised to see them included. There are some great examples of "loose" natural and the relaxed. So we see it's poss for BOTH sides to get their flow on!

Honestly, I put pics of the black women with dreads because I can't find any pic on the net with black women who has hair as long as those other ladies. I couldn't even find pics of black women with "long" hair. That is why I asked how she find her pics.

I found all of the ladies hair beautiful even the thin-haired ladies. Many of them are excessively extreme and that is what makes it so grand and that is why I post them. They're tantalizing to look at. Overall, I have to give it to the women from Indian. I do agree that very long hair is so beautiful if it's thick with texture to it.

Honestly, I put pics of the black women with dreads because I can't find any pic on the net with black women who has hair as long as those other ladies. I couldn't even find pics of black women with "long" hair. That is why I asked how she find her pics.

I found all of the ladies hair beautiful even the thin-haired ladies. Many of them are excessively extreme and that is what makes it so grand and that is why I post them. They're tantalizing to look at. Overall, I have to give it to the women from Indian. I do agree that very long hair is so beautiful if it's thick with texture to it.

You're not looking in the right place then. There are tons of black women on Fotki with long hair. I'm surprised you don't know this.

You're not looking in the right place then. There are tons of black women on Fotki with long hair. I'm surprised you don't know this.

Then you will have to remain surprise since I never looked at anyone fotki a day in my life. I also don't know how to get to anyone's fotki. I search the internet and not one fotki popped up for black women and long hair. Why didn't you contribute to the thread. You could have posted the black women with long hair if you have their fotkis or whatever. Is fotki a website or do someone have to give me their own personal link?

Then you will have to remain surprise since I never looked at anyone fotki a day in my life. I also don't know how to get to anyone's fotki. I search the internet and not one fotki popped up for black women and long hair. Why didn't you contribute to the thread. You could have posted the black women with long hair if you have their fotkis or whatever. Is fotki a website or do someone have to give me their own personal link?

Fotki is a site where people post their pics. For the hair boards many people use it to post hair pics.

Go to this link http://public.fotki.com/redhotlala/hairfotki/

This girl is black with hair past her butt:yep:

This is the only pic i've seen of this womans hair. I learned of her by reaching the archives way back when. Her website and fotki have been shut down. I searched and searched and my skills led me to this pic. I am in love.

MIDNITECURLS:

2hi9um8.jpg

MIDNITECURLS:

2hi9um8.jpg

I LOVE her hair! THanks a mill for posting this, her hair is awe inspiring, she's not on fotki anymore :( but if I reached hip length curly with shrinkage I'd stop updating too :lol:

Why don't you learn to use the SEARCH function HERE Celestial. Did that ever occur to you? (look above you on this page...there's a seach link) Many Fotkis are not going to come up on in an engine search beacuse they are set to private.

Haven't you noticed all these women w/ links in their sig?

Last edited:
OK, I think Celestial created a inspiring thread with pics of long hair. She took the request for black women with long hair pretty gracefully. Let's not get too critical about the search engine she used. It's not like anyone commissioned her to do this.

Thanks to all the ladies who shared these awesome pics of long hair, regardless of race or ethnicity.

Hair...it's a beautiful thing :rosebud:

OK, I think Celestial created a inspiring thread with pics of long hair. She took the request for black women with long hair pretty gracefully. Let's not get too critical about the search engine she used. It's not like anyone commissioned her to do this.

Since I made the remark, I'll respond to why I made it. No, nobody asked her/him to do this, but this poster is convinced there are few-no BW w/ long hair (unless you consider ear-shoulder length long). I've been reading her/he posts and appreciate this thread for the pics; however there are plenty of women here w/ links and Fotkis yet she CAN'T find them? Maybe she/he didn't find BW w/ long hair because they are convinced they don't exist.

Frankly, I'm thinking she/he is putting these pics up to make Black women feel badly about themselves based on his/her comments. Sorry, but her/his posts speak for themselves. This poster is perfectly capable of defending themselves.

Since I made the remark, I'll respond to why I made it. No, nobody asked her/him to do this, but this poster is convinced there are few-no BW w/ long hair (unless you consider ear-shoulder length long). I've been reading her/he posts and appreciate this thread for the pics; however there are plenty of women here w/ links and Fotkis yet she CAN'T find them? Maybe she/he didn't find BW w/ long hair because they are convinced they don't exist.

Frankly, I'm thinking she/he is putting these pics up to make Black women feel badly about themselves based on his/her comments. Sorry, but her/his posts speak for themselves. This poster is perfectly capable of defending themselves.

EXACTLY!!

She/he isn't doing this to uplift everyone, that's for doggone sure.

Has no one seen Death Proof? I was drooling over Sydney Poitier's hair the entire time she was on screen. I found my ultimate hair idol in her.

junglejulia.jpg

Controversial opinion:

Long hair seems so much more flattering on women of color. Many WW look aged with long hair, but Polynesian, Black, etc women look so young and exotic with long hair. It's weird. Has anyone else noticed this?

Controversial opinion:

Long hair seems so much more flattering on women of color. Many WW look aged with long hair, but Polynesian, Black, etc women look so young and exotic with long hair. It's weird. Has anyone else noticed this?

I agree! Most WW looked great with long hair if it's bluntly cut and no longer than MBL. Scraggly ends make it appear unkept. That's just my opinion!

I can't say I've been following Celestials threads, though I did read through this one. If you have reason to believe this poster is somehow anti-black, well, it might have been better to just say that first rather than attack the search engine she choose. I don't generally hang out in the hair board.

Frankly, anything longer than TBL (and even TBL on some of these pictures) just looks freakish to me, nothing to envy, IMO. What I came away from from looking at all those pics is that thick healthy hair is something to admire. I know hair is essentially dead, but on some of those pics, the ends looked like they had died again.

Why don't you learn to use the SEARCH function HERE Celestial. Did that ever occur to you? (look above you on this page...there's a seach link) Many Fotkis are not going to come up on in an engine search beacuse they are set to private.

Haven't you noticed all these women w/ links in their sig?

I never ever noticed the search function and never ever thought if there is one, but since you mention it I now see the search function. In all honesty, I'm not fanatical about LHCF so I don't go around searching for things on this site. I just post and read postings to me or go about and read a thread.

Back