PIBBS 514 Deal 2008-09!!! who wants in?

Which Pibbs do you want?...posting this to get a count.

• Pibbs 514

Votes: 107 79.9%
  • Pibbs 512

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 4.5%

• Total voters
What do you mean? These are the prices I am seeing for the 512.

Imperial is $199.99
Flamingo is $174.74

Yeah sorry about the confusion with that :imsorry:. I posted later in the thread that I wasn't reading it correctly. I thought she was saying $159 for the 512. In my dreams I guess, lol. My mistake :grin:

Yeah sorry about the confusion with that :imsorry:. I posted later in the thread that I wasn't reading it correctly. I thought she was saying $159 for the 512. In my dreams I guess, lol. My mistake :grin:

Thanks for clearing it up. I plan to purchase from Flamingo so I just wanted to be sure that this was the cheapest deal for the 512 that's all.:grin:

Hey ladies sorry i've been M.I.A but I just started a new Masters program and it entails too much reading :(. I still haven't ordered my pibbs because I had to buy new books and other crap came up.

Ok I'm done. I am going to order from Imperial.
I called today to place the order. The person there was
familiar with the offer and said that it would be easier for
me to go online to place the order. I asked if the special pricing
offer was there and she said no. She stated to put a note in the comments section which I did but their system wants me to pay first which is the $279 price. I'm only off work and did nto have time to call back. Off to Imperial Sales.

Hey ladies, new to the forum but just adding my 2 cents...
I ordered from Flamingo. It did take her a while to call me back but once she did, she kept calling. lol I gave her the CC info and I got the dryer about 3 days later. Overall, I was pleased. I haven't tried the dryer yet but I'm excited!
Thanks for the hook up!

I'm unsure of why Lady didn't respond promptly. Actually when I ordered my dryer she didn't return my call either, but I was persistent in calling her. Whenever, I called she was always available. Overall, I was very pleased and the dryer arrived in 2 days. I know that longhairlover worked hard to get us this deal and may have wanted to do business with her again in the near future. This was also a determining factor for my ordering from Flamingo.

Im good to go. I ordered from Imperial and paid the $20. It is a good deal. I am just too busy to do the back and forth calling.

I'm unsure of why Lady didn't respond promptly. Actually when I ordered my dryer she didn't return my call either, but I was persistent in calling her. Whenever, I called she was always available. Overall, I was very pleased and the dryer arrived in 2 days. I know that longhairlover worked hard to get us this deal and may have wanted to do business with her again in the near future. This was also a determining factor for my ordering from Flamingo.

Im good to go. I ordered from Imperial and paid the $20. It is a good deal. I am just too busy to do the back and forth calling.

I understand, everyone has a choice to order from whom they choose. I was pleased with the fact that she was available whenever I did call. However, I know that everyone's experience with her was not the same.

I understand, everyone has a choice to order from whom they choose. I was pleased with the fact that she was available whenever I did call. However, I know that everyone's experience with her was not the same.

I just wished I had more time. Between work and school, I barely get time to do my hair and make-up, nails, feet, cook, clean....dang.

ps. notice I said hair and make up first :giggle:.

I just wished I had more time. Between work and school, I barely get time to do my hair and make-up, nails, feet, cook, clean....dang.

ps. notice I said hair and make up first :giggle:.

Who U tellin? Maybe we need a time management support thread cuz hair and makeup is important!:lachen:

Now that I have it....

I can't operate the door....:nono:
Can somebody tell me how to open the door on the Pibbs.

I couldn't open mine at first either, it was just stiff. I kept trying (carefully! you don't want to crack it!) and now it opens more easily the more I use it.

:bighug:

Wow, you really have to pull up on that sucker.
I put a little oil on m hinges, seems to loosen up a little, not much but it is not as stiff.

Thanks chickie.

I couldn't open mine at first either, it was just stiff. I kept trying (carefully! you don't want to crack it!) and now it opens more easily the more I use it.

So YaY my Pibbs is here but um, I'm a little confused.

1) I just opened the box, and nothing was in it but the hood. Does it come in two separate packages or something? Where the base, the casters?

2) Where the heck are the instructions, does it not come with any?

3) My door is hard to open on my hood as well. I thought something was wrong with me. I'll try using slow pressure to be sure it doesn't crack.

But yeah, back to 1 and 2? I got mine from Imperial. Anyone else purchase from Imperial and experience this?

:scratchch:

So all is not lost!

Apparently Imperial sent mine in two different packages and the second package was not labeled at all.

I knew something was up because the concierge gave me just one package. Clearly the order was incomplete and I looked on the label and it said "1 of 2".

I went back downstairs and asked the concierge to check again. I followed him into the room and saw the 2nd box "Pibbs Industries". So I'm cool.

I'm mad that box had no name on it though. But I'll get over it as I DC with this new conditioner I bought.

Shaky booty dance :yay:.

When you put the hood on the base- how far down does the hood go? Mine isn't going far at all. There's more room left in the hood to accomodate more of the base pole, but it stops much sooner than that. I tried a little oil to lube it, but that didn't help. It's on pretty tight, and I definitely can't pull it off- I'm just a little nervous :grin:.

I just pushed mine down until it stops. It's so purty.

When you put the hood on the base- how far down does the hood go? Mine isn't going far at all. There's more room left in the hood to accomodate more of the base pole, but it stops much sooner than that. I tried a little oil to lube it, but that didn't help. It's on pretty tight, and I definitely can't pull it off- I'm just a little nervous :grin:.

Ive been following this blog---excited to make my own purchase--so I had to share with you ladies my experience.

Imperial Sales IS THE WORST!!!! I am so upset that I went with them instead of Flamingo. I dont even knw where to start with all the drama I have experienced. I ordered on line Friday 1/23---got an email Monday 1/26 indicating the order was received and the package was shipped. I was set to receive it Tuesday---Tuesday I met the UPS guy at the door---one box. When I got the box inside I noticed it was damaged---a huge dent and a gapping side that you could see clear thru (the tacks had come undone). I held my breath and opened the box, sure enough due to the damage on the outside of the box and a lack of adequate packaging on the inside the visor was cracked and broken. There was no packing slip, no receipt, no warranty and no directions. I immediately contacted them. Tony wouldnt come to the phone, Karen relayed his every word to me instead. He said he would ship out a new visor and I would have it on Thursday--then he told her to tell me that the base was coming that same day (Tuesday) via FEDEX by 3. Now I thought it was strange that two different carriers were used--but I dismissed it. Well 3 came and went and no base--Wednesday I called back and again Tony would not come to the phone. At this point I sent emails to him and the customer service dept including photos of the box and the manner in which it arrived. No response. Thursday I called again---same story. At this point Im getting irritated because I still dont have the base nor a new visor. I told them that if I did not get a response by the end of the business day I would be contacting my bank and have the funds reversed. No response---so I called my Bank of America--they gladly refunded my charges. Friday I got an email from Tony saying he sent the visor out on Friday and gave me a bogus tracking number. I called and spoke to Karen again (she had not been in on Wed or Thursday). I told her about the email and before I could even finish she was like Tony said you would have the base by 3 on Tuesday and the visor on Thursday. I was like EXACTLY! I asked her to have Tony call me --of course he wouldn't come to the phone---Friday afternoon I got really irritated and told him I did not want a visor replacement---I wanted an authorized return shipping label--they can have their busted dryer hood back! I am so pissed!!!
Not once did Tony (who is supposed to be in charge) address any of my concerns--horrible customer service.

Last edited:
Ive been following this blog---excited to make my own purchase--so I had to share with you ladies my experience.

Imperial Sales IS THE WORST!!!! I am so upset that I went with them instead of Flamingo. I dont even knw where to start with all the drama I have experienced. I ordered on line Friday 1/23---got an email Monday 1/26 indicating the order was received and the package was shipped. I was set to receive it Tuesday---Tuesday I met the UPS guy at the door---one box. When I got the box inside I noticed it was damaged---a huge dent and a gapping side that you could see clear thru (the tacks had come undone). I held my breath and opened the box, sure enough due to the damage on the outside of the box and a lack of adequate packaging on the inside the visor was cracked and broken. There was no packing slip, no receipt, no warranty and no directions. I immediately contacted them. Tony wouldnt come to the phone, Karen relayed his every word to me instead. He said he would ship out a new visor and I would have it on Thursday--then he told her to tell me that the base was coming that same day (Tuesday) via FEDEX by 3. Now I thought it was strange that two different carriers were used--but I dismissed it. Well 3 came and went and no base--Wednesday I called back and again Tony would not come to the phone. At this point I sent emails to him and the customer service dept including photos of the box and the manner in which it arrived. No response. Thursday I called again---same story. At this point Im getting irritated because I still dont have the base nor a new visor. I told them that if I did not get a response by the end of the business day I would be contacting my bank and have the funds reversed. No response---so I called my Bank of America--they gladly refunded my charges. Friday I got an email from Tony saying he sent the visor out on Friday and gave me a bogus tracking number. I called and spoke to Karen again (she had not been in on Wed or Thursday). I told her about the email and before I could even finish she was like Tony said you would have the base by 3 on Tuesday and the visor on Thursday. I was like EXACTLY! I asked her to have Tony call me --of course he wouldn't come to the phone---Friday afternoon I got really irritated and told him I did not want a visor replacement---I wanted an authorized return shipping label--they can have their busted dryer hood back! I am so pissed!!!
Not once did Tony (who is supposed to be in charge) address any of my concerns--horrible customer service.

Sorry to hear about the drama you went through:sad:. I got my dryer from them and I had no problems. The base and the visor did ship separate but both by UPS--2 carriers is very strange

Thank you JBailey---I really think maybe this was a return that was already broken and they just reshipped---the way it was packaged upon opening was suspect. The fact that no stand ever arrived still baffles me. I know that each experience is different---but I had to share---the difference in Imperial Sales and Flamingo was like 10bucks---I guess that's what I get for trying to save a dollar! Im so disappointed.

Im glad you got yours ok though...

I just got off the phone with flamingo they are no longer offering the 512 only 514. I clearly stated the deal for the 512 for 174 but the lady said it was offered in the beginning but not know, im so dissapointed I really wanted a pibbs but the 514 is 283 including a 8 dollar fee and shipping and handling

Last edited:
Back