Pantene Commercial Hair

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
There are 2 commercials that I'll be referring to in this post--one with a white chick and one with several black women.

I'm not a big fan of Pantene. My disclaimer though is that if you are going to blow dry, Pantene does seem to yield better results and you will get swingy, shiny hair.

Anyway, on each of these commercials, the "main" chick has these awesome deep waves in her hair. It is gorgeous--reminds me of pin up girl styles from back in the day.

Who knows how I can get that style?

The style is similar to this, but the waves seem deeper on the commercial. I'll see if I can find the commercial too. :)

img_tipLibrary.png

ETA: Here's a better pic of the style (click link)

http://pantene.com/jsp/news/index.jsp?locale=en_US

Those waves are hot. I've gotten waves similar to that by putting my already straightened hair in one or two bantu knots. It dosen't look nearly as good as hers though.

I've gotten that look before, but it was a complete accident. I rollerset my hair, but the curls weren't exactly how I wanted them, so I brushed them out and the end result was lots of deep waves.

ETA: Is that Bre from ANTM in that commercial? Not the main girl, but one of the girls talking to each other, she has straight hair.

Last edited:
I've gotten that look before, but it was a complete accident. I rollerset my hair, but the curls weren't exactly how I wanted them, so I brushed them out and the end result was lots of deep waves.

ETA: Is that Bre from ANTM in that commercial? Not the main girl, but one of the girls talking to each other, she has straight hair.

I've gotten those waves like this too. Bantu knots also gives me waves like that :yep:.

Yes, Bre from ANTM is in that commercial also.

I think they must use a waver like these

[SIZE=-7]

[/SIZE][SIZE=+0][/SIZE] I've been thinking about getting one b/c it's a nice sleek going out look and if it falls during the night it won't look "undone"

Also, in-case you didn't notice, that's Ya Ya on the oily of olay commericals with the black girl washing her face!

There are 2 commercials that I'll be referring to in this post--one with a white chick and one with several black women.

I'm not a big fan of Pantene. My disclaimer though is that if you are going to blow dry, Pantene does seem to yield better results and you will get swingy, shiny hair.

Anyway, on each of these commercials, the "main" chick has these awesome deep waves in her hair. It is gorgeous--reminds me of pin up girl styles from back in the day.

The style is similar to this, but the waves seem deeper on the commercial. I'll see if I can find the commercial too. :)

img_tipLibrary.png

I know you can use a wave iron for this look, but I bet they used good old fashioned fingerwaves....there is nothing like fingerwaves to achieve this look. Now how to do them on long hair, sorry don't know.

Supergirl I bet that was courtesy of a rollerset. I have gotten deep waves (I should say,my stylist did it) by setting in rollers and then brushing slowly from top of the head to bottom with a big paddle brush. Really pretty.

I wonder if the wave irons would produce such large and deep waves?

img_tipLibrary.png

This is the type of hair I dream about, except mbl-wsl. In a perfect world, I could have that without a relaxer or heat...-Le Sigh, goes back to dreaming-

Oh, you could try braiding. I put my hair in to high braids and get pretty good waves...

I love that commercial. That woman's hair when she's walking down the stairs is mesmerizing.

Pantene sucks though. :lol:

Last edited:
this is somewhat off-topic here: in the second commercial, the one that's primarily black, at the end of there's this girl dancing, shaking her head (and straight black hair). her hair has amazing movement. whenever this commercial comes on i sit there transfixed by her hair.

My BF gets mad because I always block him out when that commercial comes on. If he sees it come on, he'll turn from it. :nono:

But yes, that hair is GORGEOUS I must say.

I've seen wave irons in different sizes. I think TIGI has one in their new line of appliances. A crimp iron is basically a wave iron that makes really small waves. Fingerwaves are cute but my hair's never been short enough to do them. I know you can get waves with braids and rollers - but her waves were very sharp, precise and uniform. It's hard to get that look with rollers or braids IMO

I've seen both commercials, and I noticed Bre in the black commercial. She's doing well in the beauty world. I'm glad to see the Top Model girls booking big jobs. Yaya also has a full page loreal ad for some kind of face wash in this months Marie Claire. And her natural hair is out.

Thank you everyone. My initial thought was that it was a combed out rollerset. But, it also looks a lot like finger waves.

That piggy back thing looks neat, but oh my goodness tedious!

Could a piggyback rollerset achieve the same results?

I was thinking something like this. A roller set on med/large rollers. Or there used to be a method (and it may very well be "the piggy back method" but When Caruso first came out via informercial, they had a method where you would start at the root taking sections of hair and lining rollers all the way to the end. Kinda hard to explain. But with larger rollers the waves were similiar to this. Of course it was done on straight hair.

Supergirl I bet that was courtesy of a rollerset. I have gotten deep waves (I should say,my stylist did it) by setting in rollers and then brushing slowly from top of the head to bottom with a big paddle brush. Really pretty.

I wonder if the wave irons would produce such large and deep waves?

I have done this also. And you right they are pretty. I just don't believe that is with a waving iron. The look doesn't look like it as all.

I have two deep wave irons that produce this exact look. If your'e not into heat, they actually sell wave rollers. I saw them for the first time recently at my local beauty supply store. They are plastic and look like the wave iron only longer and produce the same result as the iron. Here is a picture and a link if you want to order:

http://store.goldenmartbeautysupply.com/rydewaro.html

I have two deep wave irons that produce this exact look. If your'e not into heat, they actually sell wave rollers. I saw them for the first time recently at my local beauty supply store. They are plastic and look like the wave iron only longer and produce the same result as the iron. Here is a picture and a link if you want to order:

http://store.goldenmartbeautysupply.com/rydewaro.html

I have a wave iron too and it will work. You have to get the bigger one though. I have some of those wave rollers/clips too but I never tried them.

I have a wave iron too and it will work. You have to get the bigger one though. I have some of those wave rollers/clips too but I never tried them.

The wave clips are time consuming or should I say awkward because of the shape. The work well of freshly flat ironed or blow dried hair while its still warm - add a little spritz for max hold.

I wouldn't use a waving iron b/c it uses waaay to much heat! Also, the wave wouldn't be that deep. Try rollersetting, you can either roll upward or park te hair vertically and roll it as if you were doing a spiral curl. When it's dry, gently brush it out. Or do 6-8 bantu knots.

Back