Pantene Gold Series Commercial | Celebrating Strong, Beautiful African American Hair

Well, I can't speak to the timing of the commercials (honestly, commercials usually take some time to plan, hold auditions, cast, and shoot....IJS.... :look: ) BUT, I can definitely say that I don't think Pantene is JUST now noticing "us".

Doesn't anybody remember the Pantene naturals hair care line? I used to use this line religiously back in the day when my hair was relaxed (so it had to be prior to 2010 at least) and I used to LOVE it! It smelled heavenly. The line was very moisturizing as well if I remember correctly. :yep:

Nobody remembers these products but me?? :look:

$_58.JPG

pg-1751b_1z.jpg

70641013333phpUwLFA1.jpg

I know these products came out prior to the natural hair craze, because I believe I was using these products even back in college. So I'll give Pantene a bit of a pass.

LOVE the commercial though. :love:
Yes i remember these so i dont think pantene is simply trying to bank off of SM failure. Pantene relaxed and natural was all the craze when i was relaxed and errbody was too and was on a healthy hair journey for length. The conditioner is what i mainly used and it was goid as a rinse out and deep conditioner. It smelled lovely and the price was right.

I haven't used Pantene in YEARSSSSSS sheesh....
I remember Pantene Products being very popular...
They made a line dedicating strictly to AA hair textures.... Nice...
Look, A LOT of companies have just started including ingredients in their products that dedicate to Afro textured hair... Why is that?? Well, because black women are finally EMBRACING their natural hair, not relaxing their heads looking like the WW hair anymore (or close to it).... They/We are getting BOLD, companies see this and now want to profit from it.... What was the reason to make natural hair care products when over half the AA women are perming their heads??? They'll be LOSING money more than anything. So give these companies the benefit of the doubt.... We weren't even natural, out here straightening our heads permanently so why in the world would they make products for us??? How they gonna embrace us when over half of us weren't even embracing ourselves???

Now the natural community is BOOMING, so these companies are investing in products for us and HOPING their products get recognized in OUR community and be the talk of the natural hair town like Deva Curl, SM (until they pulled their stunt), Curls BB and many more....

I look at it that way....

I used to love the relaxed and natural conditioner. I remember I used it at least in grad school (2003-2006), so that was over a decade ago. Also, from what I recall, they were one of the only mainstream brands targeting black women back then, so they aren't brand new to this. I give them props for that. I also give them props for employing a team of black scientists. The only other company I know of that does that is Black Radiance (Wet n Wild). Pantene isn't black owned and won't be any time soon, so this is next best for me.

I'll continue to send most of my money to Camille Rose, Silk Dreams and Uncle Funky's Daughter, but I will at least try this Pantene line. We have to support mainstream brands that do make a TRUE effort because money drives everything. If we don't support them, they stop making lines catered to us and the market narrows back to nothing because mainstream will claim there is no demand.

Back