PAGING OUR FEARLESS LEADER - BEVVIE

First, thanks to Pebbles because I would have missed this thread
smile.gif
LOL !!! Thanks everybody, I usually take a break over the weekend sorry for the delay.. Tracy you are so crazy girl! Yes I get a mild relaxer every 8 weeks or so depends on how my hair is doing as to whether or not I can go longer than that.

Also, as Nikos would say, I feel like a star now
smile.gif
And the color is #5 Textures and Tones, Light golden brown, it didn't turn out like the color on the box, but I expected that anyway by reading Shambooise's book. And plus I got highlights with the foil, ( I didn't so I all over color). Ms_kenesha your hair is looking mighty full yourself! And my curls are courtesy of my dominican stylist(s)
smile.gif

Well it's just beautiful.....really gorgeous. The color came out lovely. Make sure you do lots of mild protein treatments in the next few weeks. I'm glad I saw the light golden brown on you because I was considering it for Spring. Looks like a good bet for subtle color. Not sure if my hair will be able to take it.

Did your dominican stylists set your hair on smaller rollers than normal to get the curls? With mousse? How do you maintain them at night? I ask because I've considered that style but was afraid it wouldn't last more than a say or so on my hair.

And what on earth have you been doing to get all that growth girl! That's all the growth I've gotten in 2 years in less than a year for you! Very neat....

And you ARE a star....that hair is just beautiful!
smile.gif

Thanks again for the compliments everyone - And thanks for the advice Tracy. I am very pleased with the color because I was SCARED TO DEATH. My last experience with color around 2000, my stylist of the moment used bleach to lighten it the first time, and well needless to say, I did the big chop soon thereafter and my first experiences with the hairboards begain. As I was telling someone else, when I showed my dominican stylist the color, she was very upset and believed my hair wouldn't lighten with it. (I say this by judging the look on her face when I showed her the haircolor and the flurry of spanish she was talking to the other stylist who did speak english). She wanted to use bleach from what I could understand through the translation and I told her "ummm no". Bev

YAY Bevvie. Way to be strong and stick with what you know. I do find generally that my Dominican sisters are kind of over the top generally with color (read: if it's not flaming red or blonde for them, then it's not colored - so what's the point?
laugh.gif
)

I'm glad u didn't use bleach.
smile.gif

Ya'll are so crazy! Supergirl my hair is just rollerset on big rollers (the ones that usually are grey if you go to the chineese beauty supply store) I don't know what size that is, but its not the big jumbo ones, also my hair is in layers so you can see the curls because of that as well. Phase II of the color is in January Febuary with the rinse -that is when my next update will be. As far as the lasting effects, I have curls for about two days, then I wear it up. I don't like wrapping my hair at night or anything like that - and since I don't wear my hair down usually its no biggie.

Spicee - a texturizer and a mild relaxer left on for not too long are considered the same thing. Bev'll have to help you with type and how long (and maybe try a search - she may've posted it somewhere). But I'm sure that's what she means by a "texturizer"...some of us (me included) use the terms interchangeably.

I've said it before and I'll say it again Beverly your hair is stunning!
shocked.gif
That style really does a rollerset justice
laugh.gif
. Keep up the excellent work. What a blessing to go from having to cut your hair from the color mishap to having hair that looks that healthy, long, and shiny. Grow ahead with your bad self. :-)

Your hair is gorgeous. I was looking back on how long it took for you to grow your hair after the big 'chop-o'. Excellent progress and simply b-e-a uuutiful!
Quick question tho, to get your curls so defined, did the stylist use anything else in your hair before she set it? I have layers too and I'd definately like to copy this style.

Thank you - she just uses leave in conditioner and water, I think its really the cut of my hair, where the curls stop on each row is how long my hair is on each row. Its in many layers, and my hair isn't really combed out. Also, I just left salon in this picture so please don't think my hair looks like this everyday
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
beverly said:
Thank you - she just uses leave in conditioner and water, I think its really the cut of my hair, where the curls stop on each row is how long my hair is on each row. Its in many layers, and my hair isn't really combed out. Also, I just left salon in this picture so please don't think my hair looks like this everyday
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know the name of the leave-in conditioner?

Your hair looks great!!!

You're hair is absolutely fabulous! I've been pondering, going back and forth with whether or not I should get layers. I've been wanting to do something different with my hair and seeing yours has just cinched it for me. Layers it is!!!

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
Side note, layers take a while to grow back. And when I say a while, trust me, i mean a W H I L E.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep!! Keep that in mind!!
look.gif

Back