Oyin: Nourishing Handmade Hair & Body Stuff

Yesssss. I love it. Takes a while to get your order if you order from that site (two weeks) since it is handmade. It's faster if you find it at a store (it sells at one in Bklyn, NY) or naturallycurly.com.

Anyway I love the body products (lip balm, body oil, body bars) and the hair products of course (especially the Shine and Define Gel and the Whipped Pudding). I also recently tried the Whipped Shea--I mainly used this as a hand lotion though not really in my hair (it's very heavy). The conditioner I know a lot of people love but I never got a big size to experiement with. The Greg Juice is nice for the summer as a moisturizer to spruce up hair.

I would suggets ordering a sample pack to try it out. That's how I got hooked. :)

For me the products were okay, I really like the whipped pudding smells like chocolate! Very moisturizing but I found that it didn't do what I needed it to do for my hair, I worked best as a body moisturizer for me. I also LOVED the Funk Butter, it's an all natural deordant that stuff is awesome! That is one of the things I will be reordering.

I've used six products from Oyin Handmade, and I don't care for most of them. I didn't notice any particular benefits to my hair. The Funk Butter is pretty good, but hard to spread in the cooler months. Though they provide GREAT customer service, I won't order reorder any of their products.

I used Oyin last summer....I was in love with the whipped pudding till it stopped working on my hair....not sure why. the greg juice was ok. I switched to Asha's and have been hooked....I need that constant moisture

The funk butter made me break out but I heard they reformulated the deodorants.I also have sensitive skin...so

I love all of her products. The honeysticks are great ESPECIALLY the one in a reddish brown. It always looks great on me.

I like the whipped shea in cedar fig. Great multipurpose body and hair product in my opinion. The whipped pudding is cool too. Smells great. I like it best on the body or on my little ones' hair.

The honey hemp conditioner is wonderful and light. I like the greg juice but like to thicken it up a bit. It has a light citrusy scent to it.

The only things I haven't tried are the honey wash and body oil. I'll be trying those soon.

The only product I didn't care for was the grand poo bar. I wound up using that as a body bar.

The body bar in coco mango smells great and I've hooked a lot of folks on the funk butter, particularly in Cedar Fig. That is a GREAT scent if you like musky, deep layers.

As you can see, the opinions vary. You might have to just take the plunge. If you don't like something, share with someone who will enjoy it. Trust me, there's always a body who will love something you don't enjoy.

p1

p1

I've tried the whipped pudding, honey sticks, and honey tints.

Whipped pudding--I like the smell and it was very moisturizing.

Honey sticks--were very moisturizing for the lips and they were not gummy or sticky.

Honey tints--I really liked the reddish brown color (very deep and dramatic)and the light brown(very sheer and pretty).

I will order again. These products last a very long time. HTH

I ordered the Greg Juice and Whpped pudding. Greg Juice is a great detangler. Whipped Pudding is a good moisturizer but the moisture doesn't last, at least on my hair. However, I don't think the products are worth the cost and S&H (I live in Toronto).

Oh yeah I have the Honey Wash too and like that a lot. I haven't used the Grand poo bar enough to comment on.

For those that use the funk butter, did it work well in keeping funk in check in the summer? I'd like to switch to natural deoderants but am nervous about the summer months! :look:

PhonyBaloney500 said:
Oh yeah I have the Honey Wash too and like that a lot. I haven't used the Grand poo bar enough to comment on.

For those that use the funk butter, did it work well in keeping funk in check in the summer? I'd like to switch to natural deoderants but am nervous about the summer months! :look:

It was VERY good at keeping odor away. It was just too damn hard to apply. It was not a "butter" texture at all! It was hard, so every time I applied it would chip and fall on the floor:mad: I really loved it but I won't repurchase until they make it a roll-on.

The funk butter applied well at first and then it started to get drier and drier and hard to apply. It worked so well I would struggle with it to get it on though. Wet my hands or mix with a tiny bit of lotion or shea butter to soften.

hth,
p1

Back