Product rave: Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Hi beautifuls! I've been using this pomade for a while now and I can honestly say that I'm loving it. It keeps my hair so moisturized and strong. I have noticed very little breakage when using this although I dont think I can attribute that all to the pomade. The shine from it is amazing as well. Some may think it's a little heavy but I don't mind heavy products....I just apply them lightly. It's the consistency of grease but w/ no bad ingredients. It smells just delish:lick: . My beloved Amla & Olive heavy cream has taken a backseat (but just for a bit;) )

Ingredients: bcastor oil, hydrogenated soybean oil, organic virgin coconut oil, mango seed oil, olive oil, unrefined hempseed oil, cocoa butter, broccoli seed oil, fragrance.

burntsugar.jpg

From oyin handmade: Does your hair love oils? Our "Burnt Sugar" Pomade is a nourishing all-vegetable pomade and styling product named for the uniquely translucent, shimmery quality of warm, homemade caramel.

Similar in texture to an old school 'hair grease,' This blend of oils, butters, and veggie waxes acts as a humectant and protectant for hair, increasing shine to a high glossy sheen and locking in moisture. It's packed with essential fatty acids to nourish scalp, and actually sinks into your hair and skin for a long lasting, non-greasy feeling. It's great for braids, imparts shine and moisture to loose hair, brushes nicely into the hairline for a glossy finish, and adds luster to locks!

http://oyinhandmade.com/oyin/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=28

oh yes!! I love this stuff - a lil burnt sugar and a scarf tied on tight, and my hair is smooth and neat allll day (until I start poking at it, of course)

I am glad to hear this. I have been stalking the Oyin website all week. I want to order the Burnt Sugar Pomade and the Whipped Pudding. I have not purchased anything new lately so I am going to treat myself this month.

nikki1971 said:
I am glad to hear this. I have been stalking the Oyin website all week. I want to order the Burnt Sugar Pomade and the Whipped Pudding. I have not purchased anything new lately so I am going to treat myself this month.
You can't go wrong w/ the whipped pudding either. It's awsome.....so moisturizing! I need to get some more of that. I just love the chocolatey smell.

I'm going to purchase some right now. I know that if you say something is good, its good....period. I have been wanting to try it, so now is my chance. I'm going to pick up some whipped pudding too. Have anyone tried the Frank Juice yet? It looks good.

Nice & Wavy said:
I'm going to purchase some right now. I know that if you say something is good, its good....period. I have been wanting to try it, so now is my chance. I'm going to pick up some whipped pudding too. Have anyone tried the Frank Juice yet? It looks good.
Hey girl! Let me know how you like the products. The WP was a staple of mine for a long time...until I ran out. I loved it though. You can use it on your skin as well. I haven't tried Frank Juice but I've tried Greg Juice and I liked it. It took me awhile to figure out how to use it but once I did I found it to b really softening and it smells great. I like using it as a leave-in after shampooing.

I have to agree on this one as well. I love the pomade and use it everytime I finish off my twists. The shine is great and so is the smell. It last me a long time too.

Pokahontas said:
Hey girl! Let me know how you like the products. The WP was a staple of mine for a long time...until I ran out. I loved it though. You can use it on your skin as well. I haven't tried Frank Juice but I've tried Greg Juice and I liked it. It took me awhile to figure out how to use it but once I did I found it to b really softening and it smells great. I like using it as a leave-in after shampooing.

I just ordered the burnt sugar pomade, the WP and the Frank Juice. I'll let you know how the Frank Juice is when I get it and I'll give a good review on the other 2 products as well.

:p :p :p

I love this too! For all you ladies who still like to use grease/pomade on your scalp, this is a great substitute.

Nice & Wavy said:
I just ordered the burnt sugar pomade, the WP and the Frank Juice. I'll let you know how the Frank Juice is when I get it and I'll give a good review on the other 2 products as well.

:p :p :p
Ok great! I hope everything works well. I seriously need to get some more wp.....but gosh, I have so many other products to use. *Sigh* so many products so little time.

Pokahontas said:
Ok great! I hope everything works well. I seriously need to get some more wp.....but gosh, I have so many other products to use. *Sigh* so many products so little time.

I know right....I just sent you a pm:p

Nice & Wavy said:

I love the Frank Juice, just put in an order for more. It's a much spicier scent than the citrusy Greg Juice.

ETA: If anyone wants the burnt sugar pomade, I have one that's only been used a couple of times and I'm willing to part with it -- just pay for shipping. The smell is too sweet for me, but I'm sensitive to fragrances/perfume.

prettyinpurple said:
I love the Frank Juice, just put in an order for more.
It's a much spicier scent
than the citrusy Greg Juice.

ETA: If anyone wants the burnt sugar pomade, I have one that's only been used a couple of times and I'm willing to part with it -- just pay for shipping. The smell is too sweet for me, but I'm sensitive to fragrances/perfume.

The website said that the scent of Frank Juice is of Frankencinse and Myrrh...I love those scents together, so I'll be happy with it.

Wow, I wish I had seen this post before I ordered, I would have taken up your offer...oh well!

Is the whipped pudding like a butter (as in used for sealing)? Or do you all use it to moisturize and then seal with something else?? And how are you all using the burnt sugar?

TIA!!

Pokahontas said:
You can't go wrong w/ the whipped pudding either. It's awsome.....so moisturizing! I need to get some more of that. I just love the chocolatey smell.

I totally agree. I use it on my hands and feet and it keeps me well moisturized. I definetely love that smell.

naturallylovely said:
Is the whipped pudding like a butter (as in used for sealing)? Or do you all use it to moisturize and then seal with something else?? And how are you all using the burnt sugar?

TIA!!

I think I'm going to use it as a moisterizer and then seal it with Burnt Sugar.

prettyinpurple said:

And I have half of a container of whipped pudding if anyone wants that. I got it from TSUPrincess during a product exchange. I HATE the way it smells. I couldn't take it. :perplexed

Nice & Wavy said:
I think I'm going to use it as a moisterizer and then seal it with Burnt Sugar.

I was thinking about that as well...thanks!! but then again I don't know because that whipped pudding already has a lot of oil and butter in it....
how long does the shipping usually take??

naturallylovely said:
I was thinking about that as well...thanks!! but then again I don't know because that whipped pudding already has a lot of oil and butter in it....
how long does the shipping usually take??

On the website it said between 1 and 2 weeks, but its priority mail, so maybe it will be sooner. How long did shipping take (for the ladies who ordered this before?)

Nice & Wavy said:
On the website it said between 1 and 2 weeks, but its priority mail, so maybe it will be sooner. How long did shipping take (for the ladies who ordered this before?)

Mines took about a week an a half. The company is based in Baltimore so it may get there in two weeks.

Ms_Twana said:
And I have half of a container of whipped pudding if anyone wants that. I got it from TSUPrincess during a product exchange. I HATE the way it smells. I couldn't take it. :perplexed

Yeah it was too strong for me too :ohwell:

mercedes826 said:
Mines took about a week an a half. The company is based in Baltimore so it may get there in two weeks.

Well, since i'm in New York, maybe it won't take that long....Baltimore is about 3 1/2 hours from here.

prettyinpurple said:
I love the Frank Juice, just put in an order for more. It's a much spicier scent than the citrusy Greg Juice.

I haven't tried an Oyin product that I do not like yet. I am sure some think I work the company as much as I rave. I love love love Oyin products. My favs are the Shine and Define, Burnt Sugar Pomade, and Whipped Pudding.

Pretty In Purple: I am going to try the Frank Juice on my next order. I havent tried this out yet.

Re: questions about shipping time...

Remember that the products are hand-made and don't ship right away. Sometimes it might be one to two weeks before they actually ship it to you, not one to two weeks that you'll have it.

naturallylovely said:

TIA!!
The whipped pudding I use as a moisturizer then seal w/ something else. The pomade I use by itself most of the time and it works fine but since it's made mostly of oils some may want to use it as a sealant. Lately i've been using the pomade as a sealant over S-curl.

Oh and I live in Tennessee. Shipping to me always takes 2 weeks without fail so order ahead of when you will need it.

Back