Oyin Handmade Hair Dew Anyone Try It?

ctosha

The title say it all has anyone tried this new product from Oyin if so what was your review on this product?

Ordered a 16oz size last week. Waiting on mine. But the reviews I've seen, so far, are very positive. Some are saying it may be a replacement for KBB hair milk.

I have used it a few times and love it. It makes my hair soft, it has slip and also smells good. (re bsp). You don't have to use much and its creamy like a lotion. I use it under a butter for a leave in since its cold out.

I hope honeyfig will get this in stock I live so close I can easily drive there to pick this stuff up.

Hey that's my video! :) I did an update/final verdict on my blog too. I really love it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Hey that's my video! :) I did an update/final verdict on my blog too. I really love it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Long Hair Care Forum App

So you said the smell is a lighter version of another Oyin product. On a scale of 1-10 how strong is the fragrance?

My impressions of this product are nothing but good...a real keeper for me!

I haven't perfected the usage and such yet but I bought a 16oz bottle. To me it smells like the burnt sugar but it lingers. My parents say it smells like almonds and sugar cookies.

So far I have been using it as a leave in and refresher. I haven't been wearing my hair out so this works. I use about a half dollar size for each side of my head. I get surprised when I rub my hands together bucause it looks like too much, but my hair soaks it up.

Slip for me is non existant. My hair is uber dry and somehow this lasts almost 2 days, not even Qhemet can do that. My hair looks shiny and curls up instantly especially after detangling.

After a week of using it everyday I have used 1/4 of the bottle.

Just received it, so I only got to test it once. I just did a dry braid-out with it. So far, I really do like it. It's just what I needed in a moisturizer. Smells so good too.

Wow, thanks for the heads up! Good for Oyin; they're wonderful people, too. :yep: Always good to see great people make things that everyone likes and to receive the support they deserve. :yep:

Definitely my new staple leave in. I have not had a leave in do this for my natural hair as yet. I am weaved up,and my leave out hair that I have been using it on is looking spectacular. Lol. It makes my hair feel like it has some weight to it,like its wet,but its just straight up moisture. As for the scent,it is a super light scent that reminds me if the burnt sugar. Like I wasn't sure that's where the smell was conibg from until I snapped the top close and a whiff of it trailed up to me. I wa like,ooooohhh its scented! I am ordering the 16oz ASAP. I have also tried it mixed with the honey hemp condish and its really good that way too. I seal with the burnt sugar pomade.
Shout out to the ladies in the use 1 buy 1 challenge for the dope product reviews! Lol! I never had the inclination to order from any of these online natural product vendors until I lurked in those threads,and I have found natural hair staples thanks to you guys. Very pleased with Oyin!
Oh and my nephew needed a haircut so I rubbed some dew through his mini fro,and added some burnt sugar for his waves and his little swagger was out of control! Lol! His hair looked ten times neater and he went a few more days without a fresh cut.

So you said the smell is a lighter version of another Oyin product. On a scale of 1-10 how strong is the fragrance?

I'd say about a 6...I think it's pretty light (and yummy), but I can't smell it at all when my hair dries. But other people can smell it.

I really like this leave in conditioner and so do my husband. He love the smell of it. I will have to purchase more for the both of us.

Shout out to the ladies in the use 1 buy 1 challenge for the dope product reviews! Lol! I never had the inclination to order from any of these online natural product vendors until I lurked in those threads,and I have found natural hair staples thanks to you guys. Very pleased with Oyin!

Awww...Thanks Girl!:grin:

You know how We Do Up in There!:lol:

We're always willing to help you buy something....:look:

I can't wait to try the Oyin products during the summer time. I'll finally try out the wash and go. Would like to try it under a gel...
ETA: After reading these comments. I'm buying this for when my weave comes out and rock some twists before my next weave install....
Thanks a lot ladies. :look:

Last edited:
i thought i ordered this last week, but i just ordered my usual stuff from them, so i just ordered the 16oz bottle. it seems like i am going to like it from all of the reviews and i know i will go through it quickly if it does what it says. i think i am good on hair products for awhile. next time i will just buy accessories and Knot Today because i will be running low soon.

I had mine for about a week or two and I love it! It makes my hair air dry sooooo soft. I use it as both a leave-in and as a moisturizer. At first I hated the smell, but I got used to it. I just which I would have bought the 16 ounce size.

Back