Oyin Handmade

Theresamonet - I'm just seeing your comment...

I was overall sooooo disappointed because of the hype. I'll say that the super duper hydrating hair cream was JUST ok. It didn't do much to hydrate, more it coated my stands in a hard cast. It was hard to the touch, not soft at all, much like Shea butter.

The butter love was a little more soft to touch, still,I hated it because it was hard and it had lil grits in it, like sand. Yeah, the consistency was like softened Shea butter with sand grits mixed in. I thought it would melt into my hair but it did not. AT ALL. I'm not sure why people raved about it so much... I am now seeing lil sample sized kbb products, so I bought one of the leave in, (sweet ambrosia), because I was STILL hoping for success... that mess was light, tho it smelled good, it just was not all that... I'm glad I only paid $2 for it, but it was small as crap, and expensive for the lil bit of hair I could try it on...that tube was about the width of my index & middle finger, and the height of my pinky and middle finger combined.

If you don't mind and aren't embarrassed by taking things back to target, go head and buy them, but keep your receipt just in case... They will take it back for a refund with your receipt up to 90 days... and AFTER 90 or WITHOUT your receipt, they'll give a gift card for the current store price.

The packaging is nice and classy, but that product inside...? Nah... I remember a few years back when you could only order it online, people were saying she'd changed the ingredients in some stuff...she probably cut back to save money, but this is NOT a product I'll ever re- purchase OR recommend.

I've never tried Oyin but am considering the snack pack once I take out my twists in October.

nmartin20
IDareT'sHair
Atdow71 _______
brebre928
cwmarie
veesweets
20Something
kupenda
MileHighDiva

The consensus online and YouTube seems to be Hair Dew (leave in, daily moisturizer) is the best product.

The burnt sugar pomade seems to be like grease (sealant?) while the whipped pudding seems to be a styler. I see they have a twist product, Boing, but it's not getting good reviews for second day hair.

krikit96
I hated KBB products too. Her old shop was near my house so I tried to support.

I was overall sooooo disappointed because of the hype. I'll say that the super duper hydrating hair cream was JUST ok. It didn't do much to hydrate, more it coated my stands in a hard cast. It was hard to the touch, not soft at all, much like Shea butter.

The packaging is nice and classy, but that product inside...? Nah... I remember a few years back when you could only order it online, people were saying she'd changed the ingredients in some stuff...she probably cut back to save money, but this is NOT a product I'll ever re- purchase OR recommend.

I was just told the hair pudding recipe DEFINITELY changed. Glad for the warning. Saving my money.

naturalmanenyc

Yeah, I like Honey Hemp, Hair Dew, BSP, Sweet Berries, Juices n Berries, stuff like that.

Would like to try the Curl Pudding (wonder how it would work on relaxed hair).

The Burnt Sugar pomade is true to the name. It smells like creme brulee, the burned sugar coating. It reminds me of Jane Carter's Nourish & Shine, like grease but Jane Carter smells like grapefruit. The Oyin Hair Dew has the same creme brulee smell.

I tried Most of the products and the only one I liked was the honey wash .i used it on my skin,hair,face,baby ,I love it .
The Juices Leave my hair sticky and greasy.my hair hates glycerin so it's probably that.
The Hemp conditioner doesn't do anything for my hair .
The whipped butter smells awful and makes my hair a bit yucky .
The burnt sugar is a good product, smells great but not on my hair ,I don't like it smelling of toffee. I prefer Jane Carter nourish pomade
The gran poo soap was awful - made my hair dry as heck .
I haven't tried the hair dew ,is it better than DB peach kernel moisturizer ?

Last edited:
I love me some Whipped Pudding. It smells good and keeps my hair soft and moisturized for days

Honey Hemp is fine. I love the smell but I need more moisture from a my conditioners. Good as a leave in tho

Hair Dew is hit and miss for me. I can only apply it to damp hair AFTER wetting my hands to dilute it with water. Even then, theres no guarantee my hair will respond positively. Not worth the crispety hair im currently experiencing :/

Burnt Sugar is good. The smell makes me feel like a giant waffle. It matches the smell of Hair Dew. I like my products scents to compliment/layer so that works for me

I just saw that my favorite online BSS Beauty of New York carries Oyin Handmade!!!
Along with Camille Rose Naturals, Kinky Curly, Curls, and As i am!

I don't know if I'm stupid or what but I've bought the Hair Dew twice. And the pump always gets stuck. I even tried switching bottles, same thing.

The consensus online and YouTube seems to be Hair Dew (leave in, daily moisturizer) is the best product.

The burnt sugar pomade seems to be like grease (sealant?) while the whipped pudding seems to be a styler. I see they have a twist product, Boing, but it's not getting good reviews for second day hair.

:yep: Pretty much! Hair dew is awesome. Whipped pudding makes a great buttery sealant but also "holds" styles well for me without any of the actual hold..if that makes sense lol That shea butter hold, soft but stays defined.

Nope on the second day hair with Boing, I think it is the glycerin that makes it to frizzy for me on the second day.
I can't get past the smell on the hair dew.
Sent from my SM-G900V using LHCF

Last edited:
I just ordered the Snack Bar to try out many of the products at once.
15% off - nicetomeetyou

snackbar_salon.jpg

The 8-piece "Snack Bar" sampler contains generously sized 2-ounce bottles of Honey Hemp Conditioner, Greg Juice leave-in spray, Hair Dew Creamy leave-in, and Honey Wash Head-to-Toe Cleanser in original honey fragrance, as well as 1-ounce mini jars of Shine & Define coaxing serum, Burnt Sugar pomade, Whipped Pudding Dense Cream, and boing! all-in-one coil styler.

Last edited:
brebre928

I'd read that shipping was 2-3 weeks since they make the products by hand so I was prepared to wait. I can't use the products for a while since my hair is in Havana twists until October 1.

My samples shipped very fast but the frank and juice smells like the hair dew for me and therefore couldn't use it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using LHCF

Does anyone find the burnt sugar pomade too greasy? I use it to seal after I moisturize and for about a day after, it's super greasy and it lifts.

Back