Ovation Cell Therapy/Mega Tek Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a Belly Dancer and I do Hula and Polynesian Dance as well :hula:

I'm training to teach so that I can give my very best to the students that God blesses me with. :yep: I want to teach wives how to dance for their husbands........ :blush3:

I'm so glad this thread was 'saved'. Thank God for DSD. All of you have done so beautifully with your hair progress.

Nice & Wavy, YOU, Sareca, Aggie, London Diva, January Noir and so many of the other beautiful ladies. I have to 'catch up on the pictures in the progress thread.' All of you are so pretty.

Good Job Ovation / Mega Tek Ladies! :flowers: Good Job!

To the Newbies on Mega Tek and Ovation --- Stay with it! Please do not give up. I have cut my hair 3 times since February and it grows back super fast. It really does. :yep:

If you experience any shedding.........use the garlic and oil --- IT WORKS! It heals the hair and brings it back on course for new and healthier growth!

OH........... for the ladies who have experienced darker hair, it's the Castor Oil in the Ovation that makes the hair darker. My hair has gotten very dark with Ovation, and Castor Oil definitely darkens hair. :yep:

Ooooh Shimmie.....A BIG MUAHHH, Hugs and Kisses!!! Love ya honey.

OT: I want to learn some belly dancing myself so I guess I'll have to purchase a DVD or something. Do you have any recommendations on a great DVD I can purchase for a beginner and intermediate level?

I'm training to teach so that I can give my very best to the students that God blesses me with. :yep: I want to teach wives how to dance for their husbands........ :blush3:

I'm so glad this thread was 'saved'. Thank God for DSD. All of you have done so beautifully with your hair progress.

Nice & Wavy, YOU, Sareca, Aggie, London Diva, January Noir and so many of the other beautiful ladies. I have to 'catch up on the pictures in the progress thread.' All of you are so pretty.

To the Newbies on Mega Tek and Ovation --- Stay with it! Please do not give up. I have cut my hair 3 times since February and it grows back super fast. It really does. :yep:

If you experience any shedding.........use the garlic and oil --- IT WORKS! It heals the hair and brings it back on course for new and healthier growth!

OH........... for the ladies who have experienced darker hair, it's the Castor Oil in the Ovation that makes the hair darker. My hair has gotten very dark with Ovation, and Castor Oil definitely darkens hair. :yep:

I'm glad you are here again. I really missed your information and your encouragment. I just started belly dancing today. I bought a DVD called Sensual Belly Dance with Blanca. I wanted to learn how to dance for my husband. She is very through and explainseverything. I wish I could go to a class but I am happy I have the DVD.

Ooooh Shimmie.....A BIG MUAHHH, Hugs and Kisses!!! Love ya honey.

OT: I want to learn some belly dancing myself so I guess I'll have to purchase a DVD or something. Do you have any recommendations on a great DVD I can purchase for a beginner and intermediate level?
Hey Beautiful Aggie :wave:

Girl lemme tell you sumpin' (:lol:) Your Fokti is the Absolute Bomb! Do you hear me...it's awesome! I couldn't pull myself away from it.

You make it almost illegal not to have long hair :yep: Because you have provided everything a person needs to grow hair...healthy long hair.

Thank you for your sharing and caring, Aggie :thankyou:

OT: As for the Belly Dancing --- each of these are great to have in your library. So enjoy. :yep:

http://www.naturaljourneys.com/bellydance_s/15.htm

Garlic for Hair Shedding:

As for the Meka Tek and OCT and any hair shedding, Aggie, your garlic information is a God send. Anyone who has hair shedding of any kind will have the answers and the remedy by coming to 'see' you.

Thanks to London Diva for her Garlic 'remedy' too. Excellent!

MN Mixed with OCT or Mega Tek:

Janice: The good thing about the MN, OCT (or Mega Tek) and oil, is that you only need a little and you don't have to 'rub' it into your scalp. Just dab gently; don't rub. It really works. :yep: Our hair line gets 'rubbed' and pulled so much that to restore it, we have to do the opposite using gentle applications.

Once again, all it takes is a dab each of the MN, a dab of OCT or Mega Tek, and a dab of Oil (Castor, Johoba, Sesame, Almond, Emu Oil, EVOO -- whatever oil you prefer), and gently dab the thinning hairline.

Happy Hair Blessings to you. :giveheart:

OT: Congratulations to the beautiful ladies beginning their new Belly Dance classes. Kels823 and Prettylinks. "Swing that Hair" -- Show off your growth with OCT and Mega Tek.

Here's a YouTube for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DIQQ88l9M0

Happy Hair growth pretty ladies. :bighug:

Now get out there and swing that hair - Let that Mega Tek and Ovation Shine.

Last edited:
thats sounds like a challenge with Utube videos....hint hint....

I am looking at getting some BD videos, any recommendations?

PS BTW....pleased to meet you, Im Puffy...

Girl lemme tell you sumpin' (:lol:) Your Fokti is the Absolute Bomb! Do you hear me...it's awesome! I couldn't pull myself away from it.

You make it almost illegal not to have long hair :yep: Because you have provided everything a person needs to grow hair...healthy long hair.

OT: As for the Belly Dancing --- each of these are great to have in your library. So enjoy. :yep:

As for the Meka Tek and OCT and any hair shedding, Aggie, your garlic information is a God send. Anyone who has hair shedding of any kind will have the answers and the remedy by coming to 'see' you.

MN Mixed with OCT or Mega Tek:

Janice: The good thing about the MN, OCT (or Mega Tek) and oil, is that you only need a little and you don't have to 'rub' it into your scalp. Just dab gently; don't rub. It really works. :yep: Our hair line gets 'rubbed' and pulled so much that to restore it, we have to do the opposite using gentle applications.

Once again, all it takes is a dab each of the MN, a dab of OCT or Mega Tek, and a dab of Oil (Castor, Johoba, Sesame, Almond, Emu Oil, EVOO -- whatever oil you prefer), and gently dab the thinning hairline.

Happy Hair Blessings to you. :giveheart:

OT: Congratulations to the beautiful ladies beginning their new Belly Dance classes. Kels823 and Prettylinks. "Swing that Hair" -- Show off your growth with OCT and Mega Tek.

Now get out there and swing that hair - Let that Mega Tek and Ovation Shine.

SHIMMIE!!! I LOVE YOU, GIRL!!!! Thanks so much for this input. Let me just say that the garlic supplements work very well. The Alter Ego Garlic Treatment is fantastic!!! I have almost NO shedding and the shed hairs that I do get are strong!! I can pull, pull, pull...and no breaking! Remember, my hair is extremely fine. It's gotten so much stronger!! Can't wait for my touch-up. I'm trying to hold on!! :yay:

quote]

Oooh Shimmie, thanks so much for the link and all the wonderful encouraging words sweet pea. I will save it right now in my faves.

FYI:

For the ladies in braids/twists or other protective style where u are not dealing with your hair daily----continue with ur garlic supps or whatever garlic u choose.

I was in twists for 2 weeks and still using MT and did not take a supp and when I took them down there was a lot of shedding. True, some of it was normal from not combing for 2 weeks---but it seemed a bit extra---sooooo wanted to remind you guys to stay on it--better to be safe than sorry.

thats sounds like a challenge with Utube videos....hint hint....

I am looking at getting some BD videos, any recommendations?

PS BTW....pleased to meet you, Im Puffy...

:wave: Hi Puffy -- It's an honor to meet you angel. :yep:

How's your Mega Tek / Ovation coming along? I wish you tremendous success and hair blessings. Don't give up, okay? You have much love and prayers behind you and before you. You are surrounded and grounded in support and Long Thick Healthy Hair success. :circle: :love3:

And when you begin to 'swing' that long and beautiful hair, here are a few belly dance resources to get your started:

God bless you angel... :giveheart:

FYI:

For the ladies in braids/twists or other protective style where u are not dealing with your hair daily----continue with ur garlic supps or whatever garlic u choose.

I was in twists for 2 weeks and still using MT and did not take a supp and when I took them down there was a lot of shedding. True, some of it was normal from not combing for 2 weeks---but it seemed a bit extra---sooooo wanted to remind you guys to stay on it--better to be safe than sorry.

Excellent advise ayoung :up: :yep: :clap: I'm so glad you shared this.

I had a similar experience a few month ago with my hair. I didn't comb or brush it for 2 weeks; I just kept it in a loose bun for 2 weeks and kept it wrapped and sealed by hand smoothing it with oil and water each day.

When I finally took it down, boy did I see some hair shedding and it scared me. :nervous2: :cry:

But I remembered the garlic success and it stopped the shedding immediately. :yay: It's best to stay on the garlic; it really does work. And don't give up on the Hair Goals.

Hugs and blessings to you ayoung. :giveheart:

Ok so I finally received my package today. I had to hide it from nosy co-workers LOL I got home, co-washed and applied it to my scalp. I still need to buy castor oil and I hafta figure out if I should apply it every morning or at night. Any suggestions? It didn't smell bad, but it does feel a bit sticky in my hair. Maybe more thick than sticky. I gotta take a before pic but till then I measured 10 1/2 inches in the nape, sides and back. 9 inches in the front. And the dreaded piece of hair on the side I accidentally cut too short on the day of the BC is *crying* 8 inches. Can't believe I did that.

Wish me luck!

Last edited:
Ok so I finally received my package today. I had to hide it from nosy co-workers LOL I got home, co-washed and applied it to my scalp. I still need to buy castor oil and I hafta figure out if I should apply it every morning or at night. Any suggestions. It didn't smell bad, but it does feel a bit sticky in my hair. Maybe more thick than sticky. I gotta take a before pic but till then I measured 10 1/2 inches in the nape, sides and back. 9 inches in the front. And the dreaded piece of hair in the side I accidentally cut too short on the day of the BC is *crying* 8 inches. Can't believe I did that.

Wish me luck!

Yeah, it's pretty thick - you want to be really light fingered with it. Some ladies even mix theirs with water and put in an applicator bottle to apply it.

As far as putting in morning or night - it depends. When do you usually wash your hair? For example, I DC on Wednesday nights, and I megassage after that, so I megassage at night all week. If I was going to co-wash in the morning, then I would megassage in the morning, instead. That way, the MT is on your scalp for as long as possible before it's rinsed back off.

SHIMMIE!!! I LOVE YOU, GIRL!!!! Thanks so much for this input. Let me just say that the garlic supplements work very well. The Alter Ego Garlic Treatment is fantastic!!! I have almost NO shedding and the shed hairs that I do get are strong!! I can pull, pull, pull...and no breaking! Remember, my hair is extremely fine. It's gotten so much stronger!! Can't wait for my touch-up. I'm trying to hold on!! :yay:

Hey Pretty Lady... I love you too SP :kiss:

Don't you just love the smell of Alter Ego Garlic Treatment? It's not garlicky at all...it has a very soft clean fragrance. And it Works! It strengthens the hair from shedding.

I have baby fine hair too, but it's getting thicker with the OCT. I love it. :yep:

OH! Just thought I'd share this about using Garlic the treatments.

When I use the Alter Ego or the "Garlic Shampoo", I use an oil treatment afterwards and proceed with the OCT.

Garlic is a natural clarifier -- it dries my hair; and to keep my hair moist and to protect it from the OCT's strong concentration of Protein, I deep condition my hair with oil after each Garlic treatment.

I also oil my scalp before I use OCT (Thanks to Nice and Wavy's regime) or I add oil to the OCT and then apply to my scalp.

Love and hugs to you Pretty Lady... :giveheart:

Hey Pretty Lady... I love you too SP :kiss:

Don't you just love the smell of Alter Ego Garlic Treatment? It's not garlicky at all...it has a very soft clean fragrance. And it Works! It strengthens the hair from shedding.

I have baby fine hair too, but it's getting thicker with the OCT. I love it. :yep:

OH! Just thought I'd share this about using Garlic the treatments.

When I use the Alter Ego or the "Garlic Shampoo", I use an oil treatment afterwards and proceed with the OCT.

Garlic is a natural clarifier -- it dries my hair; and to keep my hair moist and to protect it from the OCT's strong concentration of Protein, I deep condition my hair with oil after each Garlic treatment.

I also oil my scalp before I use OCT (Thanks to Nice and Wavy's regime) or I add oil to the OCT and then apply to my scalp.

Love and hugs to you Pretty Lady... :giveheart:

Do you use the Alter Ego Garlic Conditioner with heat??

Ok so I finally received my package today. I had to hide it from nosy co-workers LOL I got home, co-washed and applied it to my scalp.

I still need to buy castor oil and I hafta figure out if I should apply it every morning or at night. Any suggestions? It didn't smell bad, but it does feel a bit sticky in my hair. Maybe more thick than sticky. I gotta take a before pic but till then I measured 10 1/2 inches in the nape, sides and back. 9 inches in the front. And the dreaded piece of hair on the side I accidentally cut too short on the day of the BC is *crying* 8 inches. Can't believe I did that.

Wish me luck!

Congratulations and I wish you showers and showers of Health and Hair blessings... :giveheart:

Castor Oil is my favorite oil to use on my hair because it makes hair grow. It's so thick; but I mix it with either a little EVOO, EMU, Johoba, Sesame, or use any other carrier oil that you prefer. :yep: You can even add a little Aloe Vera gel with Castor Oil. It's a thicker but smoother combined product.

The best time to apply any hair care (or skin care) product is at night, for that is when our bodies are at rest and able to absorb the benefits of the products we are using. While we are sleeping the benefits are free to do their work for us....undisturbed and unstressed. :sleep2:

Use your judgment and do what's best for you. Don't forget to oil your scalp first before apply the Mega Tek or OCT. It balances the strength of the proteins in the products and protects our hair.

Hugs and blessings to you.

Last edited:
Do you use the Alter Ego Garlic Conditioner with heat??
:

:wave: Hi Angel:

No, :nono: I don't use heat. I put a plastic cap on and then proceed with errands, housework, enjoying the family , etc.

After I rinse it out, I deep condition with a mixture of Castor and Olive or Johoba Oil. No heat, just the plastic cap. :yep:

I use the Garlic treatments once a week for at least an hour.

Hugs and Happy Hair Blessings to you NewYorkgyrl... :giveheart:

:

:wave: Hi Angel:

No, :nono: I don't use heat. I put a plastic cap on and then proceed with errands, housework, enjoying the family , etc.

After I rinse it out, I deep condition with a mixture of Castor and Olive or Johoba Oil. No heat, just the plastic cap. :yep:

I use the Garlic treatments once a week for at least an hour.

Hugs and Happy Hair Blessings to you NewYorkgyrl... :giveheart:

Thanks so much for your response Shimmie!!!

I plan to use this conditioner for the very first time this weekend. I try to stay away from heat as much as possible so it is good to know that this conditioner works well without heat.
I will keep it in for 30 minutes to an hour.

newbie here! been reading this forum for some time and i just gave in! I bought the mega tek. all you guys hair look so gorgeous.I just hope i can get great length as well.

newbie here! been reading this forum for some time and i just gave in! I bought the mega tek. all you guys hair look so gorgeous.I just hope i can get great length as well.

:welcome: shortyluv and congratulations... :bighug:

Happy Hair Growth to you angel. :flowers:

Thanks so much for your response Shimmie!!!

I plan to use this conditioner for the very first time this weekend. I try to stay away from heat as much as possible so it is good to know that this conditioner works well without heat.
I will keep it in for 30 minutes to an hour.

I can't use heat either. I've been heat free for almost 3 years now. The closest I come to heat is the steam from my bathroom shower :lol:

The plastic cap and my body heat does wonders for my conditioning.

Blessings angel. :flowers: Enjoy your hair care weekend. Relax and create a Spa atmosphere for yourself. You've earned it.

so... i got megatek!! :drunk::drunk::drunk:

i tried mn and had none of the tingling, itchy, headache side effects... but i apply mt and my scalp feels HOT. does this happen to anyone else? like i can hold my hand up to my head and feel heat radiating. and it kind of... simmers. thats the feeling i get. like a hot sizzling, kind of numb feeling...

and im only a week or so post so im gonna go ahead and say this is reversion im having... it could NOT be working that quickly. (been using since tuesday)

Yeah MT/Oct does creep on you like that! I've been using it for 2 weeks and it KILLED my stretch! I mean I already had some NG after the first month of the stretch but nothing I couldn't handle. NOW.... I could seriously BC and not worry about having no hair. I have a straight up TWA. And I am self relaxing tomorrow! I love my natural hair, but teamed in with my relaxed strands and not being at the point where I'm transitioning, and living in a superficial city like LA (hehe) aint mixing! But on the flip side, I LOVE the results I've gotten thus far.

Hmmm, ladies. I do use garlic poo 2x a week and I haven't noticed out of control shedding yet. It's almost a month of using MT but should I start taking garlic pills as a back up ? :perplexed

man i dont come in this thread for 2 days and look at what happens. :lachen:

i ordered the afternoon of the 8th...call me impatient but i just got the shipping notice today :ohwell: i wanted to CRY...but it is 3 day shipping and it was FREE so i cant complain. hopefully i can give kvvet.com a positive review...so far so good though. this means i have the weekend to A) buy an applicator bottle and B) decide whether i am going to cut the MT with EVOO or castor oil. oh, and finish these kinky twists. my proposed regimen is apply MT nightly, megassage it in, and wash once a week with diluted shampoo since there haven't been any reports of buildup. is anyone in braids or twists DCing? i know it is important to keep up with the moisture but this is my first time ever in these things.
FYI:

can i start now or will it not work in time? i will be in kinky twists for the next month...or until i get so much new growth i can't stand it :grin:

Don't forget to oil your scalp first before apply the Mega Tek or OCT. It balances the strength of the proteins in the products and protects our hair.
if i cut mine with EVOO do i still have to oil my scalp first?

Is there any interest in this....

Ladies,

I have been toying around with the idea of ordering a few of the Eqyss products wholesale (I have a MD business license). Then I thought perhaps I could offer the same to you guys so so many of you wouldn't have to wait too long for your product. I am lucky that there a few stores around me that keeps the product stocked; however, it is pricey, as I am not shopping online for the best price. Hence the reason I started looking into how I was going to support my hair growing obsession.

So, here are a few items that I think are of interest to us and the price I would propose to sale them. I am interested in allowing my homeschooled sons to learn from the endeavor. They can incorporate this into next year's curriculum and obtain school credit for the project.

AVOCADO MIST DETANGLER
16 OUNCE UNITS

MEGA-TEK COAT REBUILDER
16 OUNCE UNITS

These items they would keep on hand for prompt shipping.

The handling charge would be $3.00 plus the actual cost of shipping the item. For instance the USPS shows a rate of $4.75 to ship priority mail from 21076 (DC Metropolitan area) to 94545 (Oakland, CA). Product would arrive in 2 days. So a total of $7.75 for 2-3 day shipping. We would try to drop off products daily; however, can committ to Mon/Wed/Fri shipping.

If there is enough interest then I will order a few bottles based on the response and start shipping. It'll take me a few days to get things set up, but for right now I am just trying to guage interest. At this point I think the only advantage would be prompt shipping.

For those who are out of the country there wouldn't be a handling charge. Only the cost of shipping.

Last edited:

i ordered the afternoon of the 8th...call me impatient but i just got the shipping notice today :ohwell: i wanted to CRY...but it is 3 day shipping and it was FREE so i cant complain. hopefully i can give kvvet.com a positive review...so far so good though. this means i have the weekend to A) buy an applicator bottle and B) decide whether i am going to cut the MT with EVOO or castor oil. oh, and finish these kinky twists. my proposed regimen is apply MT nightly, megassage it in, and wash once a week with diluted shampoo since there haven't been any reports of buildup. is anyone in braids or twists DCing? i know it is important to keep up with the moisture but this is my first time ever in these things.

can i start now or will it not work in time? i will be in kinky twists for the next month...or until i get so much new growth i can't stand it :grin:

if i cut mine with EVOO do i still have to oil my scalp first?

Hey! I always dc with my braids in:yep:
Just be sure to focus on the base of the extension when rinsing to avoid/eliminate excessive build-up.

Okaaayyy sooooo,i've been using me mega-tek for three weeks.I have not taken progress/tracking pics yet,because i just didn't think it would work that fast...it did...i have about a half inch-3/4 inch of hair that i didn't have when i started this stuff.I noticed when i washed my hair last night,and the new growth was just all pillowy and puffed up!I'm geeked up already!!
I have never had the itchies or crawlies with any other product:nono:
I do now:yep:
And i'm not complaining!
I have not experienced any shedding.I took my braids down a week ago to be sure,and i am hardly losing any hair.

Yeah MT/Oct does creep on you like that! I've been using it for 2 weeks and it KILLED my stretch!
It really does. Im natural and have been using for 3 weeks now and it really has crept on me. I cant tell a length difference in its natural state, but I can tell a thickness difference. I was parting my hair last night putting it on my scalp and was like WHOA.

Yep, u can start garlic supps right now---they begin to work FAST. I just take 1-2 pills every few days before bed:yep::yep:...you don't have to be extremely strict with it.

I'm thinking about joining...I just have to be sure to hide the MT stuff from my mom. As soon as she sees "Coat and Hoof" on a bottle of something I'm using she is going to freak out :rolleyes:

I'm thinking about joining...I just have to be sure to hide the MT stuff from my mom. As soon as she sees "Coat and Hoof" on a bottle of something I'm using she is going to freak out :rolleyes:

My daughter laughed at me for like 5 minutes, then asked me if she could have some. Oh hell no LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back