Oprah's hair unpressed- its all hers!

Beautiful? Not to me. It's a nice length though. It looks damaged....or maybe it's frizzy, but I'm very impressed by the length of it and her choice to be natural. That's wassup!

i knew it was hers. It looks beautiful to me. She looks like a 50+ really hardworking lady without her make-up. In other words- tired

I'm glad you posted this. I know that there is also another post going on about it too. I knew that this was her hair. I told the lady who braids my hair that Oprah's hair looked beautiful and her reply: "that's a weave."

I love it all natural and big like this too!

It's super long..
You can tell she has a good hair
stylist.. 'cause I swore she
wore wigs 24/7....I'm
glad its hers....

This is old news and there is a thread on it already. What I find interesting is that folks on that site are so convinced her hair is a weave. They don't realize your natural hair gets really thick because the relaxers are so thinning.

Her hair doesn't look damages. It just looks like morning hair. She looks like any old 50 something woman in the morning. That's how my mom looks before she puts her 'ho hat' on. Shoot, that's probably how I'll look in 10 years. Good job, lady O.

Go Oprah! Lots of pur-dee hair :yep:

Lookin like Teyana Taylor:lol:

2009-04-24-oprahshair.jpg

Last edited:
Thats exactly how my hair looked as a little girl when i was natural. Long and thick and free of chemicals.

Dont know why folks think it looks damaged and frizzy...That tells you something right there about THEM.

It's so thick and pretty! Thanks for posting this!

ETA: Reminds me of what my hair looks blow dried. I used to think I looked like a lion:lachen:. I think it's gorgeous!

Last edited:
I don't think it looks damaged. I think her hair is beautiful, I love it.:yep: Shoot, I wish my hair looked like that.

I don't watch often but am glad that she cleared that up. So many people assume that any Black woman with long hair is wearing a weave or a lace front....or that she is "mixed" when that is just not the case 100% of the time.

I think she still works out every morning so she does have to have it redone 5 days a week to have straight hair for the show. I would LOVE for someone to do my hair every morning. I wonder how much something like that would cost?:lachen:

My BFF just chopped off most of her hair (above neck length) but her hair was always long - usually BSL - all through elementary school, high school & college. She was always accused of wearing a weave or of being "mixed".

Oprah has BILLIONS... Why wouldnt that be her hair???:lachen: She probably has her hair products custom made from the purest ingredients of the faraway lands... You can tell shes very modest about her approach to her age. Shes just pure and natural no face lifts or surgeries or "cheek implants" and im lovin every second of it... Oprah is beautiful!

I NEVER doubted even for a second it was all her hair. Her hair looks beautiful unpressed and pressed. Although lately I did wonder if she BKT's--probably cuz I've got BKT-itis.:lachen: No, but really, I've been wondering if she had started BKTing cuz her hair suddenly seemed to grow even more and her pressed hair looks even straighter and more swangish.:yep:

ETA: Thanks Jahzira -you stated exactly why I never thought Oprah was wearing a weave--I just couldn't think how to explain it!

Last edited:
*sigh* I wish it was mine. It looks great to me, and if thats what "damaged" looks like I will take that all day long!:giggle:

Last edited:
I love her hair! Beautiful! Oprah did admit in the past that she wore weave.... so years of protective styling has paid off for her and now she has a head full of beautiful natural hair. Inspiration! Go Oprah!

I used to think she was rocking weaves last year when she was wearing her hair two toned, and I always thought she was wearing them to give her real hair a rest while growing it out. Then I noticed in the last few months it started looking to real to be a weave. She does have beautiful hair.

You know I have noticed it is the women that DON'T have any hair that trips on women that do. I am sure that all the people that were insuating to Oprah's hair not being her own if you took a census I can ***** dollars to donuts that they don't have any hair and don't know what to do to have healthy hair. BUT these are the same busted chewed up chicken head looking women that will look at someone like Oprah who is NOT mixed as you saw on African American Lives she is 99% West African. Who has long healthy hair that she takes care of Well someone does it for her. I am sure that they would be so happy if she was looking like she did when she first came to Chicago and hosted AM Chicago before she got her own show. She had a short fade cause she was dealing with bad hair stylists did were using bad techniques.

It took her over 20 years to get her hair in a beautiful thick healthy condition. I am sure she has cut it over the years because I am postive that had she hadn't it would be a long as mine or my daughters WL and beyond.

But it is always the busted women that are harping on women that have hair saying OH it MUST be a weave or you MUST be mixed with something. And if it wss a weave so what?????

I am sure that this is happening to a lot of women on LHCF also.

Go figure

I don't watch often but am glad that she cleared that up. So many people assume that any Black woman with long hair is wearing a weave or a lace front....or that she is "mixed" when that is just not the case 100% of the time.

I think she still works out every morning so she does have to have it redone 5 days a week to have straight hair for the show. I would LOVE for someone to do my hair every morning. I wonder how much something like that would cost?:lachen:

My BFF just chopped off most of her hair (above neck length) but her hair was always long - usually BSL - all through elementary school, high school & college. She was always accused of wearing a weave or of being "mixed".

I agree. Her hair is very beautiful & I'm glad she cleared up the confusion. (I wish more celebs would :look:.) I noticed she always had a nice thick ponytail at times when she filmed in Africa and other places around the globe.

I think anyone who is insulting her hair should really look deep inside themselves and ask some really real questions about his or her own self-image issues. That's all I can say about that.

Oprah has had thick long hair since she was a child. I've seen the pictures. What I like most about this picture is how much better she looks without makeup than she used to. Her skin looks very nice.

Back