Oprah's hair unpressed- its all hers!

Her hair looks very full and thick here but Im thinking that other pic of the straight hair, should be longer...

Thanks for posting OP. This is good motivation for those of us (okay, me), who are struggling in our transition to go natural. and for those of us struggling to have the best hair possible.

She's a billionairess - her hair needs to banging straight up and down. With a stylist at her disposal 24 hours a day I can't quite see why people would doubt her! :confused:

And if that hair is damaged, then I'll have it ANY day of the week - no complaints!

I could not understand for the life of me why so many people (and members of this board :sekret:) thought O's hair was a weave :huh:

Now I was pleasantly surprised to find out that she was natural, always thought she was relaxed, but after her umpteen years of assumably good, consistent care, why is it so hard to believe that she would have a head full of hair?

Well I assumed she had a weave because most black women who work in the entertainment business have a weave.

NOT because i think they dont have a lick of hair but because their profession makes them have to do any and everything with their hair while filming so they need to protect it.

Theres no way in hell that i could be filming and have my hair in 3 different hairstyles with heat, gel, and manipulation like that for over 20 years and STILL have my own hair without wearing some wigs or weaves to protect it.

Its smart to wear weaves and wigs due to the wear and tear of being on camera for so many different looks.

Kudos to "Natcha" Oprah :-)

I am on vacation and i saw the show yesterday for the first time in a LONG time and i was mussing that she must be wearing her "real" hair out now. I didn't know that she was natural but it looks amazing...especially in the back..very soft and touchable. I am so glad to see more women in hollywood embrace their natural hair. As I sit her looking like Macy Gray...this post keeps me motivated :-)

Yes you have a point and I agree. But it kills me when people think that because you wear a weave that means you have no hair.

Well I assumed she had a weave because most black women who work in the entertainment business have a weave.

NOT because i think they dont have a lick of hair but because their profession makes them have to do any and everything with their hair while filming so they need to protect it.

Theres no way in hell that i could be filming and have my hair in 3 different hairstyles with heat, gel, and manipulation like that for over 20 years and STILL have my own hair without wearing some wigs or weaves to protect it.

Its smart to wear weaves and wigs due to the wear and tear of being on camera for so many different looks.

Yes you have a point and I agree. But it kills me when people think that because you wear a weave that means you have no hair.

Well for some us, that's all we've seen so we make assumptions.

I used to think it was dumb to see so many women on here with a good head of hair yet they want to get full sew-ins and wigs...until i wore a half-wig and said to HELL with wearing my own hair out!

And when you tell folks you have a wig on and they know you, they want to know WHY? You already have pretty long, decent hair so why cover that up?

So the assumption is already been made that if you have a decent head of hair, DONT COVER IT UP..If your hair needs some help and doesnt look good on its own, they are quick to suggest some weave and wig styles.

Oprah has had thick long hair since she was a child. I've seen the pictures. What I like most about this picture is how much better she looks without makeup than she used to. Her skin looks very nice.

I agree. She looks a lot better with her hair like that and without make-up. Love the natural look :yep:.

Oprah has always had a nice grade of hair, you can tell by looking at her childhood pics. Granted it may have been damaged a few times over the years experimenting, but, I believe this is all hers. Beautiful!

Well for some us, that's all we've seen so we make assumptions.

I used to think it was dumb to see so many women on here with a good head of hair yet they want to get full sew-ins and wigs...until i wore a half-wig and said to HELL with wearing my own hair out!

And when you tell folks you have a wig on and they know you, they want to know WHY? You already have pretty long, decent hair so why cover that up?

So the assumption is already been made that if you have a decent head of hair, DONT COVER IT UP..If your hair needs some help and doesnt look good on its own, they are quick to suggest some weave and wig styles.

Amen Amen,You said it Sister.:yep:

If I had her team of hair stylist I would go natural in a heart beat!!!! But now I'm getting my relaxer today!!!!! Basically 5 months post..... I had to say it somewhere and it's not worth creating whole thread haha. But seriously Oprah's hair is amazing!! I'm glad she came out and said she doesn't wear weaves.... We need to get TyTy and Beyonce with Oprah's hair stylist so they can stop looking a hot ghetto mess from the eyebrows up.

I could not understand for the life of me why so many people (and members of this board :sekret:) thought O's hair was a weave :huh:

Now I was pleasantly surprised to find out that she was natural, always thought she was relaxed, but after her umpteen years of assumably good, consistent care, why is it so hard to believe that she would have a head full of hair?

She's worn weaves and half wigs before to rest her hair.

Testament right here! People assumed that I didn't have hair because I weave it up a good amount of last year. Boy were they surprised when I rocked that big puff!

Yes there is nothing damaged about Oprah's hair. When your natural you don't always have super even ends or you can't see it until your hair is curled. Do people really think Oprah Winfrey out of ALL people wouldn't be able to find a good stylist...

But anyway...I did see an episode and thought that her hair was a"GOOD WEAVE" LOL! But I am happy to see that she has beautiful hair. Oprah is my new hair idol.

If Oprah's hair is damaged, then I'LL TAKE IT!!! What a beautiful head of hair!! OMG! All this time I though that she wore a weave, all that hair couldn't possible be hers! Way to go Oprah!!

Back