Oprah's hair unpressed- its all hers!

Out of 78 responses (at this point) only ONE PERSON on this thread said Oprah's hair looked damaged/frizzy ...so why are there so many statements like "I can't believe how some people feel that Oprah's hair is damaged..."???
Obviously most (almost 100%) see her hair as beautiful, but so what if a few don't, not everybody has to agree that Oprah's hair looks fabulous.

Someone else also said they were "unimpressed"...AND if you click on the link in the OP, there are pages and pages of comments on Huffington Post with people bashing Oprah, her hair, her weaves, and the whole concept of black women having nice hair.

I'm sure some of the posters here are referring to the HP comments.

I think that her current style is hers...but I think that curly look from a little while back was a weave, or a piece or SOMETHING....it just did not look very natural to me.

However, her current style and color are gorgeous...I am about Oprahs complexion and it is hard to find a color that is flattering and not too loud or just ugly...

I would LOVE to know what color her hair is.

What gets me is that the ones with the negative comments cant even hold a CANDLE to Oprah's hair. *shrugs* Then again, you dont have to have gorgeous hair to have an opinion. :ohwell:

For some reason, Oprah's hair looks much shorter today than the day she announced it was her real hair. It looked really long at that time, but today she has it really straight yet it looks much shorter in the front.

i wonder what she does to keep her hair that way. Andre once said that Oprah washes her hair everyday. So I assume they blow dry and flat iron or curl too?

I always thought she wore half wigs because of those two short pieces in the front. And I could have sworn they were two different colors.

Her curly style was cute.

She needs one of Dontspeakdefeat's Length T-shirt and honorary LCHF membership:grin:

OK, First I'll say... I love her length and that it's all hers. It looks good to me.

I didn't read through the whole thread to find out if someone addressed this. But her hair doesn't look natural to me. It looks like how my 4b hair looked when I was relaxed & air dried. (pre press)

Do we have confirmation that she is natural or are we jumping to conclusions?

Here's mine from when I was relaxed - .... Pre Press.
9_8c-vi.png

- lightly blown out.... Pre Press.
IM001364-vi.jpg

WOW what beautiful hair she has,love it !!!!! Go "O" :yep:

ETA: I guess Oprah needs to do a you tube video,showing her scalp, for her haters? No? :look: :lachen: :)

Last edited:
True enough, she never said she was natural. She only said it wasn't a weave.

OK, First I'll say... I love her length and that it's all hers. It looks good to me.

I didn't read through the whole thread to find out if someone addressed this. But her hair doesn't look natural to me. It looks like how my 4b hair looked when I was relaxed & air dried. (pre press)

9_8c-vi.png

IM001364-vi.jpg

Exactly, my hair looks the same when I blowdry. Oprah never said she was natural. All over the Internet, people keep saying she's relaxed with Phyto index II, but our dear LHCFers have decided she better be natural and here we go. The same thing happened with Michelle Obama. Eventhough, I read the same article about her hair who never mentioned she was natural, I was amazed of how our girlies quickly jump on the conclusions that she must be natural since the ''company spokeswoman Denise Davila did say that her hair was blown out by Wright and that he did not use chemicals in her hair''. Did that mean she was natural?:look: Guess not, since she clearly stated a couple weeks later that she was relaxed. She probably has a different stylist for her relaxers or she's a DIYer. The same thing goes for Oprah. When you have thick hair, blowdryer is not enough to straighten, I know that because my hair is just like that. Here is a youtube video of another girl with thick hair, her hair is just like mine after blowdrying. I would not say no to a pressing comb if I had one :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYnLb4XHqDI

9_8c-vi.png

IM001364-vi.jpg

9_8c-vi.png

IM001364-vi.jpg

Your hair is very beautiful!

I assumed she was natural too because I didn't know relaxed heads were pressing their hair, as in pressing comb. I assumed relaxed heads flat ironed. IDK, whatever process, it's still beautiful.:yep:

I assumed she was natural too because I didn't know relaxed heads were pressing their hair, as in pressing comb. I assumed relaxed heads flat ironed. IDK, whatever process, it's still beautiful.:yep:

I'm guilty too.

I thought the same thing...infact I thought that once you relaxed your hair it will be straight and flat no matter what your hair type. I really didn't know relaxed sisters press and flat iron. Shame on me :nono:

Oprah didn't say she was natural neither did Lady Michelle O (I assumed they were because of what I said above). My relaxed friends NEVER tell me they style their hair I just assume it's flat lol.

So what does relaxing do for afro hair if it looks the same afterwards? Or am I wrong again? Does relaxed hair look more "afro" when you're transitioning or due another perm?

i'm confused :ohwell:

I'm guilty too.

I thought the same thing...infact I thought that once you relaxed your hair it will be straight and flat no matter what your hair type. I really didn't know relaxed sisters press and flat iron. Shame on me :nono:

Oprah didn't say she was natural neither did Lady Michelle O (I assumed they were because of what I said above). My relaxed friends NEVER tell me they style their hair I just assume it's flat lol.

So what does relaxing do for afro hair if it looks the same afterwards? Or am I wrong again? Does relaxed hair look more "afro" when you're transitioning or due another perm?

My relaxed hair does this as well. It is not that I want my hair to be stuck to my head straight. The point of the relaxer is to make it more manageable. When I was natural, it would be a whole day even to wash, condition and style my hair. Now it only takes half a day (jk).

I'm guilty too.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:Because it takes me a fraction of the time to do my hair now. NO don't assume we relax for the fun of it :lachen::lachen::lachen:Not all black hairs were created equal. When I was natural I had to book the whole day to wash and detangle my hair. Although I like natural hair, and I am the first one who would encourage anyone having trouble with relaxers to go natural, I know it is not for me, been there and done that and I am over it now. I am very impatient by nature, so that doesn't help:perplexed

I agree! My hair looks just like hers air dried...Im not relaxed straight but I am relaxed none the less...Its just really thick is all...

9_8c-vi.png

IM001364-vi.jpg

It can definitely be confusing, but I have seen people refer to flat ironing as "pressing". In my vocab, pressing is only for pressing combs, but I've found even here that I have to be specific about a pressing comb.

I do find it hard to believe that she gets her natural hair hot combed multiple times a week and it looks that healthy. A pressing comb is a lot rougher on hair than a flat iron, imo.

i knew it was her hair... if you look at old pictures of her when she was a young lady & a little girl she always had a lot of thick hair....
my hair looks like that when i let my hair air dry and i'm relaxed

Someone else also said they were "unimpressed"...AND if you click on the link in the OP, there are pages and pages of comments on Huffington Post with people bashing Oprah, her hair, her weaves, and the whole concept of black women having nice hair.

I'm sure some of the posters here are referring to the HP comments.
And the fact they want her to do a scalp reveal. They did the same thing with Melissa Ford. I mean, i don't find it hard at all to believe rich stars have long hair. Protective styling works.

I believe it's all her hair...However, if she wanted to convince the real naysayers, she should have chosen a photo without a headband. Or better yet, just ran her fingers through her hair and parted it on live TV! lol Sounds petty, but if she took the time to address it, might as well make it irrefutable, right?

WOW I always thought that was a wig or weave. I figured how does she have time to do hair hair for all shows and events. But hey its oprah...she's can have 5 stylist workin on her at once lol. Those are some nice and thick buttas. :yep:

I believe it's all her hair...However, if she wanted to convince the real naysayers, she should have chosen a photo without a headband. Or better yet, just ran her fingers through her hair and parted it on live TV! lol Sounds petty, but if she took the time to address it, might as well make it irrefutable, right?

You know that old adage, you can't please all of the people all of the time... This is so very much the case. Insecure people will bash her, secure people will appreciate and admire. With the billions in her bank accounts and her success, she has no time nor energy to have to prove herself. People are always quick to assume those of us with healthy hair have weaves, I say let them. You know you're doing everything right when you have naysayers and haters. :rolleyes:

Back