Online Dating.....Oh Father!

StarScream35

This is more of a vent/question so bear with me.

Why is it that men contact you but don't keep the conversation going??? If you are interested in me, ask questions, make this a two way thing. I have so many guys contacting me and I know they are interested but for crying out loud, ask questions!! Don't expect me to do everything! It pisses me off when I ask questions, they answer them and don't ask me anything then I'm stuck trying to figure out what to say.

Anybody else deal with this?

Many people have different views on this, but I think it just boils down to, if he is really interested he will take the effort to make conversation. If he can't even do that online, there is no hope for when/if you meet in person.

I give em three tries to help me keep up a real coversation. After that, it's game over. They're just killin time. Not really interested.

Thanks ladies. DarkJoy, that's what I've been doing but it's really irking the crap out of me because it's happening too frequent and I feel my time is being wasted. I mean how hard can it be to ask a few simple questions!!!

I find that in dating period (not speaking of online) that it's either one way or the other and either one drives me crazy.

I find that most guys talk WAY too much about themselves trying to impress you and don't ask enough about me. That drives me crazy and will turn me off immediately.

Then the other problem is that they ask 50 million questions about me like they have a checklist. They're usually irritating questions where you know what they're getting at. That's a turn off too.

Neither one of those types are worth going out with unless they can carry a conversation with more than yes or no answers and not grill me with 20 questions.

Sorry you're dealing with this but don't give up on online dating I just came in to offer some encouragement.
Hubby and I met on match.com over 1 year after I joined and met other guys that didn't work out.
Countless other friends and family met each other online as well,it can work.

i get that occasionally. just shows me he ain't interested and i stop responding.

I can't stand when they send a message that just says hi. It irks the mess out of me. Grown arse men that don't have a clue on how to start a convo. I can't believe some women settle for that. I've caught a few that would send a copy paste blast message, one guy after I confronted him about it messaged me back saying " at least I tried getting to know you. " Oh please save it!

I keep my questioning down to a minimum and that forces them to ask me questions. I just answer their questions and occassionally ask them one to or say, 'how about you?'
Kind of act aloof. I ad one guy stop messaging me then a day later come back and ask if i was still interested as my last message was just one line....keep them keen!!!

Having said that I'm experiencing different types of guys at the moment. They are interested in me, not my whole life story blah blah blah. That is what a first date is for to delve deeper.

I don't really get interview type style questions, I usually chat to guys that can ask questions in the form of a conversation

I have occassionally answered messages that just say 'hi'. Infact some of those have turned into full blown conversations and I have infact lined up 2 dates from just a hi. It depends on if i like their photo and profile. I think some guys get fed up of writing a whole tailor made 10 lines just to receive no reply.

Back