OMG!!!! Did the new hair guy on What Not To Wear just whip out a pressing comb?!?

jovial_sis87

I'm sittin here watching one of my fav shows, What Not to Wear with this African American girl with natural hair (she had been upsettin me the whole show cause she was being stubborn the whole time).

Well anyways...i haven't seen this new hair guy in action yet until today. I LOVE HIM!!!! he actually knows how to do black and white people's hair, and he didn't force the girl to get a perm. He whipped out what looked like a Gold n' Hot pressing come:eek: and did that girl's hair up:pant: and i mean he did it up. Her hair looked awesome. :gorgeous:Nick would have never pulled one of those out (probably don't even know what one is:perplexed).

He even gave hair care tips. He said that African American women need to choose whether they want relaxed hair or colored hair, both can be bad news:badidea:. And he said most people think the teeth on the comb straighten the hair but in actuallity, its the back of the comb.

I LOVE HIM!!!! (yes i said it again) i hope they keep him for a long time.

Thank god they got rid of Nick. Everytime a black woman was on the show he would annoy me with his lack of knowledge of what to do with her hair. Then again I thought most of his cuts on black or white werent that adventurous... In general I think his skills were overrated.

I caught the tail end of the show & just a brief glimpse of the girl with her hair in a puff. Her makeover & hair looked great. I was really hoping that they didn't give her a perm. Did they color it, because it looked lighter? I'm so glad Nick is gone. My 8 yr old daughter even commented that he seemed to give everyone the same cut. I'm going to look for the show on my preview guide to see if I can catch it tomorrow.

i havent watched the end of this episode yet.

my husband decided he needed to watch football, so its on dvr till hes done. i really wanted to know what he was going to do to her hair. i watched him last week and the white girl was pissed that he took her from a blonde "bombshell" (she was more like a lite brown) to a darker color.

I watched the beginning and the very end, my sister called panicking because my niece had a tick in her head(soo disgusting). I went over there and handled that situation, and when I got home it was reveal time. Her hair looked soo good. I was really impressed, he did a nice job!

I'm sittin here watching one of my fav shows, What Not to Wear with this African American girl with natural hair (she had been upsettin me the whole show cause she was being stubborn the whole time).

Well anyways...i haven't seen this new hair guy in action yet until today. I LOVE HIM!!!! he actually knows how to do black and white people's hair, and he didn't force the girl to get a perm. He whipped out what looked like a Gold n' Hot pressing come:eek: and did that girl's hair up:pant: and i mean he did it up. Her hair looked awesome. :gorgeous:Nick would have never pulled one of those out (probably don't even know what one is:perplexed).

He even gave hair care tips. He said that African American women need to choose whether they want relaxed hair or colored hair, both can be bad news:badidea:. And he said most people think the teeth on the comb straighten the hair but in actuallity, its the back of the comb.

Yes, he did a wonderful job on her hair, and he's been an excellent replacement. :yep:

I like him so much that I'm glad that you created a thread devoted to him! He was fabulous and that girl was very sulky and annoying.

He did a great job! I love the highlights he put on her hair.
I found her sooooooo annoying. SHE is the "weird" one IMO :rolleyes:

Is that Ted Gibson ya'll are talking about? I went to his salon during the Christmas season of 2007 and met him. He is so great and sweet!!

Attachments

• n120403243_32739235_680.jpg
    n120403243_32739235_680.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 189
i hope when i become natural i can do my hair like that. My hair never looked like that when i was natural before. i can't wait to see what he does to the next person but i really can't wait to see what he does to the next black person.

he did a FANTASTIC job on her hair and i like his attitude, Nick was always so rude and condescending to me. that girl that was up there was annoying though

I Love Ted Gibson! He is a wonderful addition to the show...I go to his salon once a month....just for maintenance and a bit of pampering...can"t afford Ted though...I see Eugene who encouraged me on my first visit to transition to natural and also gives me tips on how to maintain his salon finish at home-loves him!...as for the show I think that chick was annoying as hell ....

I saw the show at the end! I didn't get to see her being annoying but I did see the part about hair care... My aunt said she could have been making creative styles all along.

I Love Ted Gibson! He is a wonderful addition to the show...I go to his salon once a month....just for maintenance and a bit of pampering...can"t afford Ted though...I see Eugene who encouraged me on my first visit to transition to natural and also gives me tips on how to maintain his salon finish at home-loves him!...as for the show I think that chick was annoying as hell ....

Where is his salon? What's the name?

I love this show. I only saw the new guy do one hair makeover.
It was nice but, I didn't like the color that he died the girl's eyebrows.

Nick is the perfect example of a sisscor happy stylist.

I saw the replay this morning. He did a great job on her hair. She definitely had other issues that a makeover just couldn't help, but she looked 100% better!

Yes, I l:love:ve Ted!

i havent watched the end of this episode yet.

my husband decided he needed to watch football, so its on dvr till hes done. i really wanted to know what he was going to do to her hair. i watched him last week and the white girl was pissed that he took her from a blonde "bombshell" (she was more like a lite brown) to a darker color.

I remember that one. He colored her hair red, which looked alot better. In addition to the OP, I was impressed with the fact that he wasn't so pressed to give her a relaxer. Also, he gave her options. The color was pretty. And yeah her attitude was really stinking up everything but she looked so much better.

i was about to ask if you saw Ted or another one of his stylists. I was looking at his prices on his website thinking I might give him a try the next time I was in NYC. HE CHARGES $950 FOR A CUT/STYLE and an extra $150 FOR A RELAXER!!!!

Her hair was really nice! The color was beautiful. :yep: You could tell that by the time she went to get her makeup applied, it was reverting. :lol:

I saw it. The crew did a wonderful job making her over. I think it's gonna take nitroglycerin to bust thru her the horrible self-esteem issues she has about herself. She thinks she's smart but not beautiful. She was just soooooooooo negative from the jump. I could tell at the end when she tried on the three outfits for Stacy and Clinton that she had broken their spirits. They weren't even excited anymore, it was like "Ok, let's see the next outfit. Ok let's see the next outfit." They really wanted her gone, and I don't blame them. :nono:

Last edited:
I'm so glad they got rid of Nick... I :love: Ted Gibson! When he busted out that pressing comb I was all :grin:! He did a very good job and dang @ her big chopping every year :drunk:!

nick who........... lol

i missed an episode with the new guy. i just saw the radio dj episode on dvr. he did a good job on her as well.

Back