OK, So Oprah does relax her hair with Dr. Miracle No Lye

This just gets on my nerves. Didn't she post a pic of her blowdried to prove there was no perm in it??
Why lie Oprah?:nono:

Oprah didn't lie. When she posted that pic of her hair she was indeed natural and that was a couple years back I believe. She's no longer natural- people do it all the time. Natural today... relaxed tomorrow.

I hate to burst your bubble, but this is a common PR practice, and it's not exactly seen as dishonest, since sometimes the celeb doesn't get paid (they only get free stuff - like when Oprah gives away things to her audience). Especially if they showed the box and he was doing her hair on the show...I'm pretty sure that was pitched to her. On TV, a lot of the time if the company doesn't pay they will cover up the logo (like how they do with computers all the time), because they know they are giving the company free advertising when people see them using it and will go out and buy it just b/c they showed it.

Even when celebrities are seen wearing certain clothes/shoes/handbags...a lot of the time the company sends it to them b/c they know it will boost their sales.

oh i completely understand and am aware of all of what u stated, so no bubbles bursted here, but to me it doesn't seem to be the case. like i said, i could be wrong though, but maybe dr miracles actually might be that holy grail relaxer for her who knows.

she stated on the show with chris rock she is relaxed and ''couldnt deal with all that''
the pic of her hair all blown out she was relaxed in it she was showing the people who didnt think it was her real hair that indeed it is and what it looks like prestyled without andre

Last edited:
Oprah didn't lie. When she posted that pic of her hair she was indeed natural and that was a couple years back I believe. She's no longer natural- people do it all the time. Natural today... relaxed tomorrow.

Her relaxing her hair is not an issue. But why post a pic to prove that you are not wearing weave and then say 'here it is pressed out', implying that it is presently natural? It's not as if she doesn't have 1000's of other pictures to prove her point.

^^^^
so by pressed she is only referring it to not being straightened/ flat ironed? If so, my bad. If I hear the word 'pressed' i usually assume that the person is natural. Sorry Miss O

^^^^
so by pressed she is only referring it to not being straightened/ flat ironed? If so, my bad. If I hear the word 'pressed' i usually assume that the person is natural. Sorry Miss O

I thought Oprah was natural as well. I know that there are some people who believe being "natural" simply means that you have no weave, wigs or extensions in your hair. Maybe that's what Oprah believes to be natural.

To most of us in the hair community, being natural is having hair that has not been permanently (chemically or thermally) altered from its original texture.

I was wondering if she had cut her hair. i thought maybe it was a wig she had on but it was cute.

Okay I see. This explains alot!

This just gets on my nerves. Didn't she post a pic of her blowdried to prove there was no perm in it??
Why lie Oprah?:nono:

Her relaxing her hair is not an issue. But why post a pic to prove that you are not wearing weave and then say 'here it is pressed out', implying that it is presently natural? It's not as if she doesn't have 1000's of other pictures to prove her point.

As someone pointed out, those pictures were from 2009. She has gone through a bunch of hairstyles since then. Looks like she was natural (or at least relaxer free) then and has gone back to relaxers since then.

Where's the link where she is having her hair relaxed?

You either have to watch her Behind the Scenes show on OWN or use OWN on demand. I haven't found a link to her show online yet.

Yeah, there have been so many threads on her hair. She is relaxed. I think in that infamous picture, she was just showing her real hair. People IRL don't go deep into the terminology like we do.

Like, a few weeks ago, this guy asked me if my (straightened) hair was natural. I said, no, it's relaxed. He said, "Oh, I thought that was your real hair." I said, "It is." By then, he was giving me the side-eye because he just meant was I wearing a weave.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I hate to burst your bubble, but this is a common PR practice, and it's not exactly seen as dishonest, since sometimes the celeb doesn't get paid (they only get free stuff - like when Oprah gives away things to her audience). Especially if they showed the box and he was doing her hair on the show...I'm pretty sure that was pitched to her. On TV, a lot of the time if the company doesn't pay they will cover up the logo (like how they do with computers all the time), because they know they are giving the company free advertising when people see them using it and will go out and buy it just b/c they showed it.

Even when celebrities are seen wearing certain clothes/shoes/handbags...a lot of the time the company sends it to them b/c they know it will boost their sales.

makes me think if it really was relaxer, and not some cholesterol conditioner. i think she is still natural.....

I thought Oprah was natural as well. I know that there are some people who believe being "natural" simply means that you have no weave, wigs or extensions in your hair. Maybe that's what Oprah believes to be natural.

To most of us in the hair community, being natural is having hair that has not been permanently (chemically or thermally) altered from its original texture.

True, my dh still gets confused when I talk about natural hair. To him it means the bolded. lol

"We are the best Hair Care Product Line for Ethnic Hair Care" <--Taken from their website. :lachen::lachen::lachen:

But I used their Hot Gro scalp treatment a few years back before I found this sight and I literally was about to go to the hospital cause I thought my scalp was being melted off by acid. After washing like 500 times, I later went to the BSS and returned!!!
But I hear some people swear by their products. Hey, whatever floats your boat.
I wish I had a personal stylist like Oprah.....one day, one day.

I don't see why is difficult for people to believe that celebrities use drug store products. Yeah sometimes they are for endorsements but in this particular case Oprah doesn't need any money from them.

Thank You! Also, everyone is not familiar with what's hot and what's not per LHCF or any other "HH" Forum, she may not know the rap "DM" gets in the Healthy Hair World! He may know, but Oprah gets what Oprah wants, even if he had the side eye gleamin' on the idea of using said product. He used what she wanted! Hmph!

Last edited:
Yeah, I saw it and laughed my head off! Oprah didn't have no problem with it and was even tooting the name "Dr Miracle". It was just unexpected. All the dollars in the world and a little brown box of Dr. Miracle is still all it takes, nothing fancy!

I doubt dr miracle has enough money to pay oprah to do anything lol if andre used it its because oprah wanted it LOL

I'm surprised she uses DR miracles. I've only read bad things about this line. Then again I doubt she's a LHCFer. Sometimes I have to remember not everyone is obsessed about hair :drunk: especially the celebrities

I just think it's funny how much we care about Oprah's hair! LOL

:drunk::drunk::drunk: So true. This just amazes me. Pressed, relaxed, natural, flat ironed, blow dryed, fried or dyed, Dr Miracles or whatever.....Oprah has a BEAUTIFUL head of hair that we all wish we had.

Ummm, I saw it and I was shocked that she was letting them film her getting a halo relaxer, or ANY relaxer done. SMH. There are people out there who like to do the halo only and leave the rest natural. I guess that may help some of you preserve your Oprah hair fantasy.

With the amount of cash Oprah has somehow I'd doubt she cares about a few extra dollars from the Dr. Miracles company to advertise lol. I'm sure any other hair care company would be happy to have Oprah endorse it so why them? My bet would be that she really uses it...

Please don't be fooled. Money is money. People don't become millionaires/billionaires with the mentality of "hey, it's just $2." Every dime counts.

Better believe that EVERYTHING you see on the Oprah Show (whether the behind the scenes clip, etc) was strategically placed. With an empire like hers, nothing is happenstance.

Back