OK, So Oprah does relax her hair with Dr. Miracle No Lye

Mystic

Now we know. Oprah uses Dr. Miracle No-Lye Relaxer. Did anyone see the episode tonight with Andre relaxing her hair?

(edited my post to make it clearer).

Last edited:
Well, they showed the whole relaxer process on her 25 Season and she used Dr. Miracle No Lye. I do not know if she uses Dr. Miracle all the time but she did use it on the show then Andre blow dryed her hair. It was interesting seeing her hair wet etc.

I cannot believe her hair has gotten so short in such a short time. Wasn't she like longer than BSL a moment ago when she said she wasn't wearing a weave. Her hair now is a little below shoulder length when wet.

She probably cut it. It looked very long and healthy in those "natural" pics from a few years back.

Well, they showed the whole relaxer process on her 25 Season and she used Dr. Miracle No Lye. I do not know if she uses Dr. Miracle all the time but she did use it on the show then Andre blow dryed her hair. It was interesting seeing her hair wet etc.

I cannot believe her hair has gotten so short in such a short time. Wasn't she like longer than BSL a moment ago when she said she wasn't wearing a weave. Her hair now is a little below shoulder length when wet.

She cut it. She doesn't strike me as someone attached to length.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

She cut it....and I seriously cannot see Andre Walker or Oprah using a box of Dr. Miracle's, but I didn't see that episode. I heard before that she uses Phytospecific.

Also, they air the episodes out of order sometimes and the filming is not in sequence with real life...so it's hard to track her length.

Last edited:
Dr. Miracle's could have also paid her to use the product on the show. I don't believe many things celebrities do.

I really don't see Oprah using a box relaxer like Dr Mircales...not because she's famous, but because (if you read Andre's book) she had a bad experience relaxing her hair where she went bald. So I would just imagine, in my own little mind :), that she would be very picky.

Well, go and watch the 25 Season Behind the Scene - The Oscar Award episode that aired tonight. Clear as day - Dr. Miracle No Lye. She even sang the title - you know how she is - while showing the product:lachen:. It was an interesting episode seeing Andre relaxing her hair etc. However, if you'all find it so hard to believe she actually use Dr. Miracle No Lye cheapy relaxer, go find the episode and watch it, lol.

I really don't see Oprah using a box relaxer like Dr Mircales...not because she's famous, but because (if you read Andre's book) she had a bad experience relaxing her hair where she went bald. So I would just imagine, in my own little mind :), that she would be very picky.

my sister told me about it, i was totally shocked. being the Oprah stan that I am I believe her and I doubt she would promote that product just for the heck of it (i could be wrong though), but i'm still baffled as to why she's using Dr Miracles though.

my sister told me about it, i was totally shocked. being the Oprah stan that I am I believe her and I doubt she would promote that product just for the heck of it (i could be wrong though), but i'm still baffled as to why she's using Dr Miracles though.

Maybe they make a special formula just for Oprah? :lol:

I have watched every episode of behind the scene and the episodes are pretty current. The Oscar show was about 3 months ago so I can't imagine her hair length being that much different in 3 months.

She cut it....and I seriously cannot see Andre Walker or Oprah using a box of Dr. Miracle's, but I didn't see that episode. I heard before that she uses Phytospecific.

Also, they air the episodes out of orders sometimes and the filming is not in sequence with real life...so it's hard to track her length.

i think he has a Q&A section in Ebony. he suggested someone use a no-lye relaxer for her next touchup, since she was experiencing damage from getting a touch up from the salon. terrible advice...smh

I have watched every episode of behind the scene and the episodes are pretty current. The Oscar show was about 3 months ago so I can't imagine her hair length being that much different in 3 months.

if she cut it...........yes :ohwell:. My hair was past APL & snip, snip - a visit to Supercuts one day & it's back to shoulder length.

I'm not arguing whether she used it. If you saw it, then I believe you :yep:. I haven't seen a single show on OWN. But, you posed the title of the thread as a question. That's the only reason why I offered an answer...Oprah and her hair are cool with me. It looks incredibly thick and healthy, so I'm sure whatever Andre is doing is working for her!

I am watching the episode right now. He is definitely using Dr. Miracles.

Is Gayle wearing a weave or wig tho?

i saw it too. and knew there would be a thread about it :giggle: did anyone else notice he was just applying to her perimeter though?

No wonder my Grandmother has been all vocal about finding some Dr. Miracles. We even had a debate about why she shouldn't use it. Lord Oprah got me debating with Granny.

I don't see why is difficult for people to believe that celebrities use drug store products. Yeah sometimes they are for endorsements but in this particular case Oprah doesn't need any money from them.

i think he has a Q&A section in Ebony. he suggested someone use a no-lye relaxer for her next touchup, since she was experiencing damage from getting a touch up from the salon. terrible advice...smh

I saw that too. I thought it was kind of weird. The no-lye relaxer that he recommended was a professionals only Optimum with Keratin formula. He also reccomended some drug store and not so high end salon products like "It's a 10" detangler with keratin.

It doesn't surprise me. I grew up in B-more when Oprah was there before she blew up. At the time she had spent a LOT of money to get a relaxer done. It messed up her hair and she had to wear scarves for a long time.

I think since then she really trusts Andre's judgement and the products he uses to keep her hair looking good.

I hate to burst your bubble, but this is a common PR practice, and it's not exactly seen as dishonest, since sometimes the celeb doesn't get paid (they only get free stuff - like when Oprah gives away things to her audience). Especially if they showed the box and he was doing her hair on the show...I'm pretty sure that was pitched to her. On TV, a lot of the time if the company doesn't pay they will cover up the logo (like how they do with computers all the time), because they know they are giving the company free advertising when people see them using it and will go out and buy it just b/c they showed it.

Even when celebrities are seen wearing certain clothes/shoes/handbags...a lot of the time the company sends it to them b/c they know it will boost their sales.

Last edited:
I hate to burst your bubble, but this is a common PR practice, and it's not exactly seen as dishonest, since sometimes the celeb doesn't get paid (they only get free stuff - like when Oprah gives away things to her audience). Especially if they showed the box and he was doing her hair on the show...I'm pretty sure that was pitched to her. On TV, a lot of the time if the company doesn't pay they will cover up the logo (like how they do with computers all the time), because they know they are giving the company free advertising when people see them using it and will go out and buy it just b/c they showed it.

Even when celebrities are seen wearing certain clothes/shoes/handbags...a lot of the time the company sends it to them b/c they know it will boost their sales.

i totally get your point, but I really don't think that was the case in this scenario. it was her 'behind the scenes' show - i think she's really for the most part just doing what she do.

This just gets on my nerves. Didn't she post a pic of her blowdried to prove there was no perm in it??
Why lie Oprah?:nono:

Back