OK, I honestly compared the two.

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

Ok, People, I finally received my Book by Carolyn Gray I already knew prior to buying that she recommended the use of a lot of products, but that is A LOT of products. Granted some say recommended but wow. I skimmed through the 6 wk regimine and don't believe I could follow it. People complain about Howse's conditioner $13 but how much would you spend on these products mentioned? At least $50.

IMO the Howse method is so much simpler, with the same results.

Ms. Gray does'nt tell where she started (lenghtwise). Has her hair always been long and just grew a little longer? We see the difference in Howse.

I loved the styling and drying tips she provided and if it was'nt for this board the Caruso would have been a God send ideal for me.

Loved the pictures. and I suppose the suggesting of products is a good thing for those who don't know where to start. Howse does not recommend anything she has'nt tried nor would I how can you.

Ms. Gray uses all these products and I do appreciate the fact that she says every hair type is different and you might not acheive the same results.

I'll have to finish going through the book but so far it is too complicated for me.

Wash every 3 days using 3 products is much much simpler.

But I think she is a brilliant sister who shared her haircare routine.

All in all I'd have to say that the info that Howse provided about the makeup of hair what becomes part of it and what is a waste of money was more valuable for me. It is just a more common sense approach.

Both should be applauded for being successful BLACK Women.... /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif

I'm not sure, but I think that Carolyn Gray started with short hair, above her shoulders. I saw an early picture of her once and that's what I remember seeing. She has experienced a tremendous amount of growth.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Both should be applauded for being successful BLACK Women....

[/ QUOTE ] Amen. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

there is an old foto of her in the book (with the baby) and that where she started from 3 years ago!

Mindy, use her regimen as a basis for your own, just get the idea. you dont have to follow each single point, and she rec. that. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

the styling tips and daily care tips is excellent

Yeah, I agree, I will use it as a guide, and darn it I'm gonna get that ponytail method if it kills me..... /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif

And in all these years I still cannot wrap my hair correctly, I guess I'm just don't get it

I saw that picture but it was curled up so I could'nt get a visual on the actual lenght. There is a pic of her in the /images/graemlins/look.gif shhh (Leather Miniskirt) but it is curled up as well and looks like if straighted it would be midback (guessin).

darn it I'm gonna get that ponytail method if it kills me.....And in all these years I still cannot wrap my hair correctly, I guess I'm just don't get it

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too girl, me too. /images/graemlins/look.gif

Mindymouse said:
and darn it I'm gonna get that ponytail method if it kills me..... /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe /images/graemlins/grin.gif and i thot i was the only one!!

Mindymouse:

I thought the exact same thing when I bought Caroline's book. It is excellent, don't get me wrong, but I believe on using a few products and switching every once in awhile, but not all these products. Too much money! I still love it though for the pictures she provided and for sharing her air-drying methods.

I also agree that we still don't know how her hair looked in the beginning because the picture she provides shows a curled hair-do. It is not straight, therefore, we don't really know what the true length was, and even curled it looks long so imagin if it was straight. Also, I can't understand why she would post a new pic on her sight wearing a black top. I can't see the difference at all. When I take my before and after pictures, I will make sure that my top is either white or a nice bright color.

Again, not saying her methods aren't good. They're very good! I would still highly recommend her book and Howse's book over any other books on the market.

gabrielle_union.jpg

Yes it does look like she always had a good head of hair.
She definitely started with a lot more than Howse.
She probably did'nt even think about the black on black.

if you look at her site in conjunction with the book it might be a bit more helpful. she only suggest a list of products so you can figure out what works best for you. on her site she gives updates on products she no longer uses anymore based on i guess no improvement or whatever. she also shows progress pictures and shows different styles she has. i think the site might help you along. God bless you all.

Back