Ok, I am officially sold on Aveda

scorpio

Ok...So, I think I'm going to have to break down and buy the entire Aveda DR line. Per all the great reviews on the board, I bought the Aveda DR Intensive Restructuring Treatment and have used it 3 time so far. The first time was the week before my relaxer, the stuff just melted in my hair and it came out fine. The second time was a week after my relaxer, and I got nice results then too.

So, I decide to go back to the Aveda store to see if I could get the shampoo, but they were out. I got the Smooth Infusion shampoo instead. Well, I used it today (I am now 4 weeks post-relaxer, and this is when my kinks starting acting up) before going to the salon for a set. I let the shampoo sit for 10 minutes since it smelled so good, then I put some of the treatment in and I noticed it just melted my tangles all away. I let that stay on for another 10 minutes while in the shower and then finished with AO Honeysucke Rose conditioner.

My hair came out so soft and even though it rained, my hair did not frizz up (I attribute this to the Smooth Infusion) at all like it normally does during wet or humid conditions.

Ok, so unfortunately, I am a believer and I have now got to make a decision on which line? The SI or the DR? Can somebody help me please? I think this board has turned me into a PJ...

Ok...So, I think I'm going to have to break down and buy the entire Aveda DR line. Per all the great reviews on the board, I bought the Aveda DR Intensive Restructuring Treatment and have used it 3 time so far. The first time was the week before my relaxer, the stuff just melted in my hair and it came out fine. The second time was a week after my relaxer, and I got nice results then too.

So, I decide to go back to the Aveda store to see if I could get the shampoo, but they were out. I got the Smooth Infusion shampoo instead. Well, I used it today (I am now 4 weeks post-relaxer, and this is when my kinks starting acting up) before going to the salon for a set. I let the shampoo sit for 10 minutes since it smelled so good, then I put some of the treatment in and I noticed it just melted my tangles all away. I let that stay on for another 10 minutes while in the shower and then finished with AO Honeysucke Rose conditioner.

My hair came out so soft and even though it rained, my hair did not frizz up (I attribute this to the Smooth Infusion) at all like it normally does during wet or humid conditions.

Ok, so unfortunately, I am a believer and I have now got to make a decision on which line? The SI or the DR? Can somebody help me please? I think this board has turned me into a PJ...

Get Both:hide: But if you have to get just one, DR is the best!!:yep::yep::lachen:

That was funny la flaca!!!! I agree get the dr line.....uh, but the smooth line iz nice!!! (Get both the dr and si, ok i'll shut up:look:!) Love love love aveda, let me leave so divine,pinkskates,mkstar,honeybadgirl,dionne31, and allandra can come holla at ya!!!

Last edited:
bumping for more responses....But, I really do like the SI shampoo. I was really trying to save some money, but I think Aveda is going to break me.

Yay!!! Another Aveda convert!

I would say buy both. :grin: But, do you girl!!! If you can only buy one set, I would say get the DR.

Im w/ La flaca, KEEP BOTH!!!! I really like the SI line it does wonders as well as the DR line for damage repair. Its a tough decision.....I wish I could help

i'm trying to also convert to using Aveda.....

i went to the mall the other day on intentions of going to the Aveda store but it was closed for remodeling....ugh...

and then the other mall that has a mall Aveda store doesnt open until late today....

i also bid on it online..but probably by the time i get it i just go ahead and buy it at the store...

I would say stick with the DR....this is my favorite. I say this because MY hair didn't like the SI. I recently switched the SI for the Brilliant line & so far so good.
A bit OT but has anyone used the Shampure.....as a body wash? I thought I was crazy for doing this but I love the smell & it makes my skin really soft so what the heck! Yesterday I got the liter to use for both my hair & body...2-4-1

You could always get the SI line and go get the occasional DR Treatment. If there's an institute near you its cheap. Otherwise, Both. lol!

How do you guys use both...
Do you alternate? Do you use one for moisture the other for protein?
When do you know when to use one??

thanks

Last edited:
I have both DR and SI as well. I just had my stylist use the SI after my retouch and my results were good (no tangles). But the DR professional products definitely produce more dramatic results.

I alternate based on what my hair needs; be it more sleekness and moisture (SI) or more strength and protein (DR). Hope that helps you make your decision! :wink2:

Thanks ladies, but I thought you guys were going to 'help a sista out'. I guess I am going to have to break down and get both.

Can someone tell me how they use the DR line, though. I mean, do you alternate the treatment and conditioner? And does the DR line have any cones? My hair doesn't take too well to cones, so that might be a deciding factor. And how heavy is the DR line on the protein? I normally tend to go a little overboard with that, so I need some moisture, moisture, moisture.

Thanks again ladies.

I have some Aveda stuff... in a brownish bottle.
My hair DIDNOT like that. For one thing... my hair likes a THICK conditioner, and that conditioner was like WATER.
Maybe I need to check out some of there other lines.

I also have both. I've found that with DR though, it's important to have the entire line. For the longest time I was only using the treatment. Of the two, I use SI most frequently. I do want to try the brilliance conditioner next.

Back