Oils Pick: Oils That You Add To Your Conditioners For SUPER Slip...

LocksOfLuV

What oils do you add to your conditioners/DC/CoWashes for ulimate slippage (if that is a word lol :grin: ), softness, and moisture (ALL 3, specifically slip)?

I was using Evoo, but I am almost out so I think I may venture into trying something else. Evoo works well for me added to my Dcs, but I love to venture so any and all suggestions would help. TIA ladies.

I tried a mix of alma and coconut lately in lustersilk shea butter cholesterol and slept in it. It was fabolous.

gymfreak336 said:
I tried a mix of alma and coconut lately in lustersilk shea butter cholesterol and slept in it. It was fabolous.

Amla oil makes my hair hard, but I use coconut oil in my pre-poo and my hair is really liking that right now. I am going to have to try some coconut oil in my DC.

LocksOfLuV said:
Amla oil makes my hair hard, but I use coconut oil in my pre-poo and my hair is really liking that right now. I am going to have to try some coconut oil in my DC.

I still need to try coconut milk. I was thinking about oils last night. I am thinking about ordering some more exotic kinds like rosa moquesta, camellia seed oil, carrot oil and shea nut oil. I kinda want some more variety.

gymfreak336 said:
I still need to try coconut milk. I was thinking about oils last night. I am thinking about ordering some more exotic kinds like rosa moquesta, camellia seed oil, carrot oil and shea nut oil. I kinda want some more variety.

I tried Camellia seed and carrot oil (that stuff is so expensive and it leaves a brown hue to my hair but it was my absolute favorite) and I don't think you will be dissapointed.

I always do a hot oil pre-poo with Proclaim Natural 7 Oil and conditioner. Gives good slip and sometimes I can just skip shampoo and deep conditioning because my hair is so soft.

I usually use Sweet Almond Oil on top of my conditioners...but after DH knocked it over a couple weeks ago (and I was not happy, told him to stop playing with my hair products :mad: ), I used Grapeseed Oil. Since the bottle said it was 100% Pure Vitamin E and is used to Restore and condition damaged skin...I got to thinking, "What could it do for my hair?" I love it, it leaves my hair so soft, smooth, and shiny. When I use it on my ends, when they are looking kinda thirsty, it perks them right on up.

ljbee said:
Can someone pleaase tell me what the word "slip" mean? Thx!

Slip refers to how easy it is to get the comb through your hair.

In other words, the product with the most slip is the best detangler.

Camellia or avocado oil. :yep: They don't give me super slip, but my hair definitely has more slip than if I don't add 'em. Camellia is good for moisture retention and softness and avocado gives serious shines.

sareca said:
Camellia or avocado oil. :yep: They don't give me super slip, but my hair definitely has more slip than if I don't add 'em. Camellia is good for moisture retention and softness and avocado gives serious shines.

Where do you get Avocado oil? Also, can you use it to seal your moisturizer?

I have used olive oil, jojoba oil, hot six oil, and kera care essential oils....all work for me as far as providing slip.

The trick with my hair though is, I have to apply the conditioner first then apply the oil, if I mix the oil with the conditioner it does nothing.

I am loving my Whale sperm oil. My hair is shiny and I am getting great slip. Feeling bad about the whales though. Going to try EVOO next. Oh I love coconut oil too.

Back