Oil - I think is the key to health and beauty

healthynhappy

I have all kinds of oil: vatika, coconut, castor, avocado, camellia, olive, evening primrose, fish oil, and flax. (I'm about to buy some Amla:grin:)

Since I've been consistently ingesting flax, taking my EPO and Fish oil supplements, doing oil rinses, and using the oils on my body, I have never been this regular, my skin has never been this soft, my face has never glowed like this, my hair has never been this shiny, soft, and healthy, and my appetite has never been this controlled. And I wake up full of energy, I have an overall sense of well being, and it makes me want to work out and eat healthy to maintain my appearance.

In the bible, God annoints with oil.

I think there is something to this.

ETA: There is a movie, I think it's called Lenzi's Oil, or Lorenzo's Oil. Its about a boy who is dying a painful death from a disease from which there is no cure. His father ultimately found the cure to be in, you guessed it, OIL. This movie is based on a true story.

Last edited:
I wholeheartedly agree with you. I've been discovering the benefits of oil and it has just been amazing! I'm dumbfounded by how much it has helped my body. And I'm ready to try more oils!!!

I currently use castor, EEVO, jojoba, coconut on occasion, and small amounts of Vitamin E oil. I take an Omega 3 oil supplement and as soon as I run out of that one I will switch to the Udo brand.

I have all kinds of oil: vatika, coconut, castor, avocado, camellia, olive, evening primrose, fish oil, and flax. (I'm about to buy some Amla:grin:)

Since I've been consistently ingesting flax, taking my EPO and Fish oil supplements, doing oil rinses, and using the oils on my body, I have never been this regular, my skin has never been this soft, my face has never glowed like this, my hair has never been this shiny, soft, and healthy, and my appetite has never been this controlled. And I wake up full of energy, I have an overall sense of well being, and it makes me want to work out and eat healthy to maintain my appearance.

You are absolutely right...there is something to it. When Queen Esther was being prepared to go to the king, they put oils in her hair, on her skin along with spices and perfumes, and she glowed when it was time for the ladies to go into the king and she stood out!

That's what we want as women...to stand out. Oils help us do just that. It's the same as when we have to oil our car engines every 3,000 miles so that it can stay well lubricated and run efficiently...our bodies are the same way.

Now, when you get older like I am, you need more oils to keep your skin and hair lubricated because as you age, your skin tends to dry and so does your hair. I've been ingesting oils for years now and so many people can't tell that I'm in my 40's...trust me, it does work.

I use body oils (I love hair2heaven body oils....awesome) on my body and I love how it makes my skin feels....dh loves it too.

Well, I can go on and on...but I'd better let others get in here and share too....:grin:

I LOOOOOOOVE my oils. I'm not talking about the WGO or other oils made specifically for hair use. I'm talking about the EVOO, coconut, grapeseed, sweet almond, alma...etc. Oils saved my scalp. I had the worse case of dandruff you can imagine and just after a week of using my EVOO, rosemary(leaves) oil mix, I'm dandruff free. I haven't seen flake in over a month and a half.

ETA: There is a movie, I think it's called Lenzi's Oil, or Lorenzo's Oil. Its about a boy who is dying a painful death from a disease from which there is no cure. His father ultimately found the cure to be in, you guessed it, OIL. This movie is based on a true story.

That is one of my favorite movies...I have it on DVD.

Amen!!
Off to get some more oil!!!

My grandmother who is in her 80's takes a spoon full of EVOO every day and she acts like she is in her 20's. She tells us all the time about how good EVOO is and the story about how when JESUS would go to pray he would always go to the where the olive trees were. There is power in the oil.

Last edited:
Studies show that oils have a easier time adapting themselves to our open pores because of their light texture and base. I love oils, and I plan on using more and more!:grin:

I agree. I just started washing my face with Olive Oil thanks to Pocahontas. Never even knew it was possible to wash your face with oil. About to go buy some coconut oil from the vitamin shoppe for my hair. Just started back on Flaxseed oil and definitely want to try oil pulling.

Here's a naughty secret: DH and I just discovered by accident when we were looking for something to give each other massages that Camellia oil is the TRUTH in the bedroom.....(hope I don't get in trouble:look:)

I use oil inside and out also.

I place oil in my hair care products including shampoo, I ingest oil for health reasons and use oil on my skin just before I get out of the shower or taking a bath. I use oil from from hair to toes. :yep:

There is something every single day that I use that has oil in it. I did not even realize I was doing this until I took a look at all the oils I had purchased one day!

When I go to the spa I specifically ask what type of oil they are using because I only want the best. A great one for just messages in general whether you get them at the spa or if someone else does it for you, if you know what I mean, :grin: is lemongrass essential oil in almond or jojoba oil.

I even use it for some of the reasons noted earlier regarding biblical uses.

It is a main staple in my life.

Last edited:
Good thread. ITA! DH and I have been ingesting coconut oil to help with weight loss..not even a week and we already see the difference! I'm using EVOO for oil rinses and a moisturizer for my entire body. JBCO for growing my eyelashes and castor oil for a sealing. I'll have to check out that movie.

lol...any kind of natural oil is good in the bedroom... :grin::spinning::drunk::grin:

You are absolutely right...there is something to it. When Queen Esther was being prepared to go to the king, they put oils in her hair, on her skin along with spices and perfumes, and she glowed when it was time for the ladies to go into the king and she stood out!

That's what we want as women...to stand out. Oils help us do just that. It's the same as when we have to oil our car engines every 3,000 miles so that it can stay well lubricated and run efficiently...our bodies are the same way.

Now, when you get older like I am, you need more oils to keep your skin and hair lubricated because as you age, your skin tends to dry and so does your hair. I've been ingesting oils for years now and so many people can't tell that I'm in my 40's...trust me, it does work.

I use body oils (I love hair2heaven body oils....awesome) on my body and I love how it makes my skin feels....dh loves it too.

Well, I can go on and on...but I'd better let others get in here and share too....:grin:

Excellent post.
To the bolded: I see you been in the pain killers again...:drunk:

Excellent post.
To the bolded: I see you been in the pain killers again...:drunk:

I know.....I was like older??? I was surprised she was in her 40s even though I can only see the back of her head in her avatar:lachen:. But even there, she looks way younger.

I agree with this also. I just love how my hair feels after doing an oil rinse. I've started using a mixture of Vitamin E oil & Emu oil as a moisturizer for my face, and I always mix some kind of oil with my lotions. I was taking Flaxseed oil for a while, but I couldn't take the breakouts. I need to find a way to take it without causing breakouts because it really helped to lower my blood pressure.

Good thread. ITA! DH and I have been ingesting coconut oil to help with weight loss..not even a week and we already see the difference! I'm using EVOO for oil rinses and a moisturizer for my entire body. JBCO for growing my eyelashes and castor oil for a sealing. I'll have to check out that movie.

lol...any kind of natural oil is good in the bedroom... :grin::spinning::drunk::grin:

Well, well well well......wellllllllllllllllllllllll:lachen:

ITA. For me, oils--essential and carrier--are the truth and so are butters (shea, mango, and cocoa).

Oh my gosh get outta my head!!! I promise you that I was about to start this thread in the makeup and skin forum! After the problems I had taking MSM and biotin, I was thinking how well my body responds to oils. Flaxseed oil and EPO make my skin glow and my hair grows in softer and much more shiny. My hair loves oil rinses, I oil my scalp every night (I think it's making my hair grow in a little faster...) and I seal in moisture with oil. I'm thinking about washing my face with EVOO...and I oil my skin after taking a shower so I do not need lotion anymore. I rub my nails with Vitamin E oil nightly to make them strong (thanks Dlewis), and I'm thinking about taking coconut oil supplements.

Internally and externally, oil has done my body good :yep:

I've been using oil on my hair everyday. I've stopped using moisturizers and stuff on my hair. My hair is doing much better...it's softer and not as stiff anymore.

Keisha, what do you oil your scalp with ?
It's funny, yesterday I was thinking about getting some jojoba oil for my scalp since it's suppose to be a light oil and it mimics the scalp.

I know.....I was like older??? I was surprised she was in her 40s even though I can only see the back of her head in her avatar:lachen:. But even there, she looks way younger.

Awwww....thank you. Yep, will be 44 on the 24th of this month and I'm loving it!

You are too sweet. Thank you for the compliment.

That's what happens when you mix oils and your dh together......:grin:

GREAT thread!!!

I have just gotten into using oils properly- I take EPO and fish oils a lot, and I've noticed a change in my skin, it's smoother.

I've ALWAYS mixed oil into my deep conditioner (olive/amla). I really like doing oil rinses too with Coconut oil (Big up Sareca!!)- my hair feels smoother.
At night I use coconut and live oil on my scalp mixed with Rosemary, Lavendar and Peppermint Essential oil. Feels really refreshing on my scalp!

I love moisturizing my body with EVOO mixed with Natural unrefined shea butter. My skin has never felt smoother.

Indeed, in the Bible, oil is used to annoint, makes ya think doesn' it!

Keisha, what do you oil your scalp with ?
It's funny, yesterday I was thinking about getting some jojoba oil for my scalp since it's suppose to be a light oil and it mimics the scalp.

I massage my scalp with warmed coconut oil with a couple of drops of rosemary and lavendar essential oils every night while watching tv.... very relaxing :yep:

Back