OCTOBER HITS AND MISSES

KathyMay

I don't think there was a thread started for this yet

I have had all hits for October so far

Hollywood Beauty Carrot Creme (My hair loved this creme!)
Rivas Silicon Mix okay so far
Sedal Anti Sponge conditioner -OMG why did I just discover this con. it is great for my 4a/b hair
Sedal anti sponge Leave in con.

Last edited:
HIT:
Kenra Platinum for Thick and Coarse hair
Keracare pressing cream
CON Clarifying Shampoo (Clarifying at all is a HIT because I tried it for the 1st time this month-does wonders for my hair)

Miss:
None (I have been trying to stay away from the BSS!)

Hits: Elucence...I have NO desire to buy anything else! I have the moisture shampoo & cond., and I should get the Silk leave in, clarifying shampoo & shining spray today.

Misses: Anything not Elucence! (Except for my Cantu Shea Ieave In.) Also not a fan of Rusk Smoother. It left my hair dull-looking.

I revisited Keracare products after not using them for 3yrs:

Hits:
Keracare Detangling Shampoo
Keracare Humetco
Keracare Leave-in conditioner
Keracare Setting Lotion
Keracare Foam Wrap Lotion
Keracare Creme Hairdress

Now all I need is the Silken Seal!

Also added to the list of Hits:
Kenra Medium Spray (Hair Spray)
Kenra Leave-in Spray

Hits
Soft & Beautiful Botanicals Braid Spray
Maxiglide flat iron
Miniglide flat iron

Miss
None so far

Hits:
queen helene garlic shampoo- does help with my shedding

nutrine garlic conditioner- pink- nice aroma- made my hair silky soft

nutriwell pure aloe vera gel- 100% natural- i like this

toque agico emergencia intensivo capilar treatmento- deep conditioner- works great- i used it today- my hair is very soft and well moisturized

Nace + Mass- Ajo y savilla conditioner(revitalizador de cabello)- i got this at the spanish supermarket- worked great on my hair so i will purchase this again

Lafier Desrizol rinser and honey and almond rinse- these work well as long as i shampoo first, then use these product and then condition.

nikki1971 said:

I love the Silken Seal! I prefer the gel like one vs. the spray. I think the spray one smells odd. Anyway, good stuff - When I don't use it my hair seems to not get as straight.

HoneyDew said:
I love the Silken Seal! I prefer the gel like one vs. the spray. I think the spray one smells odd. Anyway, good stuff - When I don't use it my hair seems to not get as straight.

So true, I used the spray back when I started using Keracare products and it always smelled bad to me. Then they came out with the Silken Seal, great stuff, but expensive.

nikki1971 said:
I revisited Keracare products after not using them for 3yrs:

Hits:
Keracare Detangling Shampoo
Keracare Humetco
Keracare Leave-in conditioner
Keracare Setting Lotion
Keracare Foam Wrap Lotion
Keracare Creme Hairdress

Also added to the list of Hits:
Kenra Medium Spray (Hair Spray)
Kenra Leave-in Spray

Thats what Im talking about!
Those are all my hits esp the Creme Hairdress ( i love that stuff)

Misses: Apohogee Shampoo for relaxed hair ( left my hair kinda hard)
Too much protein in general- had to scale it back to "every once in a while"

macherieamour said:
Thats what Im talking about!
Those are all my hits esp the Creme Hairdress ( i love that stuff)

Yeah girl! I re-visited Keracare because of you!! LOL
I went to Ulta and spent my set monthly limit on products in one day!

Hits:
VO5 conditioing Hairdress(a little bit leaves my hair soft and shiny)

Miss:
Surge lotion motion 9(too greasy)

macherieamour said:

I agree. My hairdresser used it on me a few weeks ago and my hair felt hard.

HITS:
~Paul Mitchell The Detangler (saved my hair life & kept me from droppin out of the Christmas Stretch Club...this stuff is gooooooooooood)
~Aceite 3 sweet oil (smells GREAT, gave me great shine, very light, didn't weigh my hair done)
~Bonacure Repair (I really like this stuff on my ends, especially mixed with NTM Healing Shine Serum)

No misses this month! I haven't purchased any new products lately since I'm transitioning, but reading these hits has me wantin to experiment with some other Dominican cons before the end of the year!

Divine Inspiration said:
HITS:
~Paul Mitchell The Detangler (saved my hair life & kept me from droppin out of the Christmas Stretch Club...this stuff is gooooooooooood)
~Aceite 3 sweet oil (smells GREAT, gave me great shine, very light, didn't weigh my hair done)
~Bonacure Repair (I really like this stuff on my ends, especially mixed with NTM Healing Shine Serum)

No misses this month! I haven't purchased any new products lately since I'm transitioning, but reading these hits has me wantin to experiment with some other Dominican cons before the end of the year!

Divine,
Where did you purchase the Aceite oil. I would like to try this.

Hits: Capilo Sole & Cinnamon conditioner- this makes my hair really soft and it smells good.

Misses: Parnevu Organic Mayo- this was a hit but I don't think I will be purchasing it again because of those little herbal bits that are really hard to wash out of my hair , otherwise I would still buy it:(

Salon Selectives Loosely Defined-okay -I totally broke with my No PJism challenge for this one and I am angry I did :mad: I didn't like it-did not do anything, i guess a looser curl pattern is needed for this to work. Some hold but no moisture (that i like) If anybody wants it let me know

nikki1971 said:
Divine,
Where did you purchase the Aceite oil. I would like to try this.

Hey girlie!
I got it from Walgreens. It was next to Pomada de Azefure in the section dedicated to "ethnic" skin and hair care.
It's a blend of olive, almond, and castor oils. It smells super sweet like fruit juice or something.
I don't remember the exact price, but I think it was about $2 for 4 oz. It was $2 well spent because my hair had shine like no other and this stuff didn't make my hair feel "oily" or weighed down...
Very good stuff. Check it out!

Divine Inspiration said:
Hey girlie!
I got it from Walgreens. It was next to Pomada de Azefure in the section dedicated to "ethnic" skin and hair care.
It's a blend of olive, almond, and castor oils. It smells super sweet like fruit juice or something.
I don't remember the exact price, but I think it was about $2 for 4 oz. It was $2 well spent because my hair had shine like no other and this stuff didn't make my hair feel "oily" or weighed down...
Very good stuff. Check it out!

Thanks Divine!

nikki1971 said:
Yeah girl! I re-visited Keracare because of you!! LOL
I went to Ulta and spent my set monthly limit on products in one day!

Yay! Im glad its working out for you! I love their stuff. I have been using it faithfully for three months and it has transformed my hair. Everyone tells me that my hair looks thicker, softer and shinier than it did before.

hits:
*suave fresh mountain strawberry conditioner
*aveda deep penetrating hair revitalizer (revisted hit)
*baggie method

miss:
*nature's gate aloe vera treatment shampoo (weird rubbery feeling hair, yuck!)
*aveda rosemary mint shampoo (revisted miss...don't know why i even went there)

Last edited:
BIG HUGE MISS: SILICON MIX!!! :mad:

Hit: Mizani Moisturefuse -- it was good, not great, but good enough not to tangle my hair. i will keep using this to see if I get better results under a hooded dryer.

secretdiamond said:
BIG HUGE MISS: SILICON MIX!!! :mad:

Hit: Mizani Moisturefuse -- it was good, not great, but good enough not to tangle my hair. i will keep using this to see if I get better results under a hooded dryer.

The Mizani does work better with heat. I was ready to quit using it, but I tried it with heat and my hair was moisturized. It's not the best moisturizing conditioner I have tried, but it was good.

Hits: I revisited a couple of my Dominican conditioners, Nacidit Coconut Oil Hair Mask and Nacidit Wheat Germ Hair Conditioner. Big hits!...Soft Sheen Optimum Oil Therapy moisturizer. This stuff smells delicious and leaves my hair feeling so good.

This month my Pjism has really slowwwwwwwwwwed down, so I have a little to report, They are:
Hits: BB oil moisturizer w/Castor Oil and Aloe- really good, it moisturizes, adds shine and helps hides the smell of MTG.:lol:
Africa's Best oil w/Ginseng- I use this to seal in the moisture from my BB moisutrizer the two of them really do good for hidding MTG.
NTM Silk touch leave in- the smell is lovely and it really lives up to its name.

Misses: Organics by Africa's Best regular NO LYE relaxer- left my hair looking drier than the rest of my relaxed hair, and it's really slow in processing, I recommend this for those that texturize or children, left my hair underprocessed :mad: , so I had to do a corrective relaxer.

Revisit's- TCB Bone Straight regular lye relaxer-don't know why I decided to try and switch it never went wrong from the begining. I used this to do my corrective relaxer :grin: , Just found out it's a LYE relaxer, no wonder it always worked for me.

Jury still out- Vitale Life and Body Lye relaxer will try this on my daughter tonight. The jury is back and Vitale is a keeper it left her hair soft, it had shine and no moisture was taken away, it feels really good to touch also, :grin: .

Last edited:
Hits:

Silicon Mixx
Miss Keys 10 en 1
Elasta QP Mango Butter --Works very well on my ends and hair shaft -- if only that jar werent so tiny!

Misses
None

Back